World Championship 2016

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
This sucks for Andersen, he was devastated....

Only hope for a SC is now Franzie, wonder if well ever get a Danish winner.

at least this means we might get a severe upgrade in goal.

I feel so bad for him...he was blamed so unfairly last year and this year his team just straight up failed him...giving the first 2 games to goalie jesus served them right

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I feel so bad for him...he was blamed so unfairly last year and this year his team just straight up failed him...giving the first 2 games to goalie jesus served them right

Really, shot themselves in the foot with that, but goalie jesus is goalie jesus:laugh:

could be his lst game as a duck.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Really, shot themselves in the foot with that, but goalie jesus is goalie jesus:laugh:

could be his lst game as a duck.

It has to feel odd, that you actually plays rock solid, let in only 7 goals in 5 matches and yet you get eliminated of the playoffs.

I think both of you are a bit harsh on Gibson though. He wasnt to blame for the team in front of him.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
It has to feel odd, that you actually plays rock solid, let in only 7 goals in 5 matches and yet you get eliminated of the playoffs.

I think both of you are a bit harsh on Gibson though. He wasnt to blame for the team in front of him.

Also, it must be weird that you clearly are the better goalie (at least for now) and yet you are the one getting shipped out. I think it is for the better though if Freddie has any desire to win a Cup, it will not be in Anaheim for the next 5-10 years....

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008

You are right, its not Gibsons fault he can do no wrong..

I think theyd like to keep Andy, but Gibson is locked down longterm on a good contract, and Andersen is due for a big pay day, something they canot afford.

wouldnt it be ironic, if he was to end up a Cane??:laugh:

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
This season saw people flaws what Gibson have in his game. His lateral movement is really bad, like any beer league goalie can move faster than Gibson post to post. His rebound control is horrible and he only rely his insane reflexes. He can't track the puck well and he's off the position very often. He often needs to make huge save, because he's on wrong place.

It really showed that Ducks needed to tight their defense even more when Gibson was in net. They scored over 1.1 goals more when Andersen was in net.

But that doens't matter because Murray loves his golden boy Gibson. I just hopet that Andersen finds place where fans and management respect him.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
wouldnt it be ironic, if he was to end up a Cane??:laugh:

I dont know what happened back then, but I do not think we know the whole story. He was a 7th round pick by the Canes so how sour can the grapes honestly be? They had plenty of opportunities to call Freddie up in the season he played AHL for the Canes farmer team, but they didnt do it. Does anyone actually blame him for taking another way because he didnt believe he at that time had a future in North Carolina? Come on....

Canes are probably the best option right now although I would like him to go to Flames tbh. Dont think they will pay the price for him.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
But that doens't matter because Murray loves his golden boy Gibson. I just hopet that Andersen finds place where fans and management respect him.

This situation has nothing to do with lack of respect for Freddie, but simple asset management. They will get a more complete team with Gibson in net for the same price, just because he is on a contract that is super cheap. And for that you can not blame the Ducks management. They are a professional organisation with limited assets just as any normal business. There has to be a balance between income and expenses otherwise there will be no Anaheim Ducks in the long run. Just look at Coyotes as an example. They went bankrupt because of stupid asset management (and ofc because they are located in a freaking desert where no one watches hockey).

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
This situation has nothing to do with lack of respect for Freddie, but simple asset management. They will get a more complete team with Gibson in net for the same price, just because he is on a contract that is super cheap. And for that you can not blame the Ducks management.

Murray fell in love with Gibson long time ago before that new contract.

NikoEhlers

May 2, 2013
Aalborg, Denmark
It certainly does not help that the Ducks are not spending to the cap in the years where they have an open window, so it makes more sense to just hope Gibson develops into a better goalie than he is now, when he is on that type of contract for the next few years vs. what Andersen will get this summer.

But I also think it was not right to start with Gibson in the playoffs, and after game 1 it made even less sense. I just did not get it with how Andersen had performed in 2016. Andersen also had the experience from a deep playoff run.

I dont know what teams are actively after a number one goalie and what the Ducks can get for a RFA which they cannot afford to resign. I also wonder if Anaheim would be tempted if a team offered something substantial for Gibsons potential and good contract, something that involved taking Stoner and Bieksa, that could free up some money to resign Freddy. Even though there is a bunch of other that are bigger priorities for Anaheim right now. But something like that would have to happen I think, in order for them to resign him. I have an unrealistic hope that he somehow ends up with the Jets if he is to part with Anaheim ;) If there are any takers for Pavelec.

Last edited:

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Karlsson juggled the lines against Slovakia. We lost in OT 4-3 after being down 0-3. Nicklas Jensen looks fired up - which is great if he can translate that!

1-3 Nicklas Jensen(J. Jensen) PP
2-3 Nicklas Jensen(Storm, Kristensen)
3-3 Morten Poulsen(N. Jensen, Ehlers)

Simon Nielsen was in net

Markus Lauridsen-Stefan Lassen
Emil Kristensen-Jesper B. Jensen
Daniel Nielsen-Nicholas B. Jensen
Mads Bødker

Looks like Nicholas B. Jensen was a placeholder for Oliver Lauridsen. Matias Lassen sat this one out. Can't be a good sign for him.

Jannik Hansen-Kiril Starkov-Nikolaj Ehlers
Frederik Strom-Morten Madsen-Nicklas Jensen
Mathias Bau-Morten Green-Patrick Bjørkstrand
Morten Poulsen-Mikkel Aagaard-Mathias From
Thomas Spelling

Mads Christensen will be joining tomorrow(Friday). Lars Eller will join later. Kiril Starkov looks like a placeholder for one of the two additions. In my mind Eller joins Jannik Hansen and Ehlers and Mads Christensen joins Bau and Bjørkstrand(Wonder why Storm-Madsen-Bjørkstrand was split up) with Aagaard and From sliding out. One of them for good, the other becomes the 14th forward.

Sofaw

Jan 3, 2016
I love hockey, but damn I hate this crab about not wanting to play WC due to future contracts. I've never heard a soccer player opt out of WC or EC with that in mind. I know that there are severe differences between hockey and soccer (WC with much less importence in hockey, shorther contracts in hockey, salary during the Championship much higher in soccer), but the risk of an injury is the same.

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
First 10 minutes was like one big slovakian PP.

Terrible turnovers. This has to stop! Ice the puck if you cannot make a play.

For long periods all 5 danes on the ice looked like headless chickens, chasing the slovakians

Thougt Aagaard was a lone bright spot.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I habe said all along the team has shown some worrying tendencies. even with an actually pretty good team.

Think we will se some ugly hockey with maybe relegation play to follow.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
I habe said all along the team has shown some worrying tendencies. even with an actually pretty good team.

Think we will se some ugly hockey with maybe relegation play to follow.

Mmm i feel all warm and fuzzy now...Denmark plays badly in a test game and lowers our expectations...we get our hopes up for a nhl player who then says no and now nucks have predicted relegation...

Its finally time for world championships again!

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Mmm i feel all warm and fuzzy now...Denmark plays badly in a test game and lowers our expectations...we get our hopes up for a nhl player who then says no and now nucks have predicted relegation...

Its finally time for world championships again!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

The team gets announced Sunday Bøjgaard said during the broadcast.

I didn't catch why Emil Kristensen was neither in the game nor scratched?

Overall I think we did alright in the third period. I'm gonna discard the first 10 minutes cause if we play like that at the WC it's over. Done.

Our 1. period generally really showed our weakness down the middle. Our D didn't know where to throw the puck when we won it in our own zone and often ended up throwing it wide where there was no winger to catch it. The centers rarely picked up their third forward when we were on defense. For minutes we got flat out raped in our own zone.

Didn't have my full attention on the second period but from what I got it was a transition period towards the third where we had a couple of good chances to break even. Our mobile D found ways to move the puck up the ice and find our speedy wingers in the midzone. We entered their zone with speed more often than not. Established offence zone time did nothing for us but a smoother transition and a smart fore check got us some really nice minutes. Slovakia backed down a bit to.

Dahm: Solid night. Not very noticeable in either direction.

Nicholas B. Jensen-Jesper B. Jensen: Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Jesper B. Jensen is looking like a crucial blueliner for us. Mobile, can rush the puck and is willing to throw his body around. Nicholas B. Jensen looks slow and he's not smooth with the puck to say the least.

Markus Lauridsen - Stefan Lassen: Lassen looks rusty. Lauridsen a bit so to, but he'll be important you can tell.

Oliver Lauridsen - Daniel Nielsen: As advertised. Will be our go-to-pair I'm sure.

Mads Bødker: Saw little of him. Not impressed by his few passes through the midzone.

Ehlers - Aagaard - Hansen: For the first time I'm on board with taking Aagaard along. He's one our better centers. But with him between Ehlers and Hansen we didn't get the best of our NHL'ers. Ehlers is gonna be our best weapon and he and Hansen had to work way to hard themselves in the early part of a transition to hit the o-zone with speed. Got better in the third period but boy... Eller's looking like a mighty fine addition right now.

Nicklas Jensen - Morten Madsen - Frederik Storm: Weird night for them, but Nicklas Jensen's looking good. He has speed, guts and his shot is on target. Madsen and Storm worked hard but didn't get a lot to show for it.

Mads Christensen - Green - Bjørkstrand: Oh boy we're in trouble if Morten Green is playing serious top 9 minutes. He completely molested anything Mads Christensen and Bjørkstrand were trying to get going. Freak of a line.

Bau - Starkov - Morten Poulsen: Meh. Worked hard. Flashes of potential. Didn't get burned. I'm cool with it.

Our center problem is big. The center is our usual first station in a transition from defense to offense. On this team it's either a teenager, a natural winger or Morten Green. It's horrendous. If the center is somewhere to found when we win over the puck he's completely unable to set up our wingers for a breakout.

We adjusted so a mobile D(Markus Lauridsen, Jesper B. Jensen or Daniel Nielsen) rushed the puck and then found a winger to enter the offensive zone with speed. That worked a lot better.

But we're hurting on the dot to. Morten Green is solid there. The rest got beat left and right. Don't have the numbers but I think I saw 20-7 at some point in faceoffs. That's not gonna work:help:

Morten Green is slow in his feet, in his mind and in his passes. If he's playing serious top nine minutes(And it really looks like he is. PP. BP. The works) we're screwed. I'd be fine with him as a 4C getting a lot of special teams minutes because faceoffs matters in those situations. But man is he out of his league right now. Starkov did nothing for me - so I'm not gonna pretend a silver bullet exists. We're gonna have to sit through it. :help:

Final guess: Matias Lassen losses out on the back end - as does Mathias From up front. We'll avoid relegation with a minimum of margin. Let's go do this! :popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad