World Championship 2016

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Getting a tiny bit pissed with all these jackasses opting out like some kind of superstars!

Its really dissapointing behaviour! And now 2 yrs in a row.....

I fully agree with you (and others here) on this subject. It is frustrating that we have so many good players, and still we are only able to fight to avoid relegation, because they refuse (for various reasons, some better than others) to represent their country.

Do you believe it would help if we reduced the number of championships to once every second year (or like in soccer once every 4 years)?

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I fully agree with you (and others here) on this subject. It is frustrating that we have so many good players, and still we are only able to fight to avoid relegation, because they refuse (for various reasons, some better than others) to represent their country.

Do you believe it would help if we reduced the number of championships to once every second year (or like in soccer once every 4 years)?

it probably would, and at the same time get more attention from NA fans if they changed the format.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Hansen said today he is ready for WC. I expect the same from Eller, but not sure with Ehlers. Nielsen will most likely see either Caps or Penguins in first round of the playoffs. Not sure Islanders will survive either.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Surprised Jannik is willing considering he's just had some problems with his ribs I think on to long ago. Thought he'd might opt out. Well now it's almost a sure thing that he'll get injured Saturday at the latest :D

Don't expect to see Frans after a PO-series but I'll be happy to be wrong.

Line-up for the first game vs. Latvia

Dahm in net, Galbraith on bench

Jesper B. Jensen-Martin Larsen
Matias Lassen-Philip Bruggisser
Nicolai Weichel-Emil Kristensen
Rasmus Lyø

Frederik Storm-Morten Madsen-Patrick Bjørkstrand
Kiril Starkov-Morten Green-Jannik Karvinen
Mathias From-Anders H. Poulsen-Morten H. Poulsen
Patrick Russell-Mikkel Aagaard-Nicolai Meyer
Felix Scheel

Looking at that D on don't get why they bother...

Last edited:

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Larsen is dead to me if he doesnt go this year.....If you arent going to play of the national team when you are based in europe, especially after missing last year with such a terrible excuse, and missing so many tournaments while playing in NA.
The ultimate loser mentality.....Oh i have to safe myself because i might have a chance next season...instead of thinking "Hey, a great WC will be the perfect end to a season and a great shopping window"...

really nice to see Hansen step up....Hope eller and ehlers does the same.

Immature rant over

it probably would, and at the same time get more attention from NA fans if they changed the format.

I think there was more interest last year, simply because TSN covered the world championship much more than usual...Simply because they have lost rights to other hockey stuff.....

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Larsen is dead to me if he doesnt go this year.....If you arent going to play of the national team when you are based in europe, especially after missing last year with such a terrible excuse, and missing so many tournaments while playing in NA.
The ultimate loser mentality.....Oh i have to safe myself because i might have a chance next season...instead of thinking "Hey, a great WC will be the perfect end to a season and a great shopping window"...

really nice to see Hansen step up....Hope eller and ehlers does the same.

Immature rant over

I think there was more interest last year, simply because TSN covered the world championship much more than usual...Simply because they have lost rights to other hockey stuff.....

Correct :)

Still think that stopping the yearly tourney would improve its popularity in NA.

hehe, Larsen is getting burned :laugh:

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Just for the record. They lost the first game to Latvia 6-4

1-1 Morten H. Poulsen(E. Kristensen, M. From)
2-2 Mathias From(M. Madsen, P. Bjørkstrand)
3-4 Mikkel Aagaard(J. Karvinen, N. Meyer)
4-4 Morten Madsen

Sofaw

Jan 3, 2016

Soccer WC is something totally different with much more money involved, but what strikes me is that team Denmark in handball rarely is troubled with the same opt outs as in hockey. And in handball then also play EC or WC every year. Maybe it's the long lasting camps before the wc, that makes the difference.

Sofaw

Jan 3, 2016
hehe, Larsen is getting burned :laugh:

And he's so stupid not to understand that there is a life after hockey most likely in Denmark, and if he continues down that "opting out road" he'll be known and remembered as the quitter with no solidarity.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
And he's so stupid not to understand that there is a life after hockey most likely in Denmark, and if he continues down that "opting out road" he'll be known and remembered as the quitter with no solidarity.

Exactly! :laugh:

I dunno wth he is doing tbh.

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
So will be exciting who of

Bødker, Eller, Ehlers, Bjorkstrand, Hansen and Jensen will come.

That's our 1. and 2. line. And if Nielsen gets knocked out with Islanders things could look bright.

What do you think? Who will come?

I think Hansen, Bjorkstrand and Bødker.

And hope for the rest.

Danmark

May 5, 2014
So will be exciting who of

Bødker, Eller, Ehlers, Bjorkstrand, Hansen and Jensen will come.

That's our 1. and 2. line. And if Nielsen gets knocked out with Islanders things could look bright.

What do you think? Who will come?

I think Hansen, Bjorkstrand and Bødker.

And hope for the rest.

Ehlers is confirmed. He will play!! - Bjorkstrand is going to play AHL Playoff.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
If Bødker and Eller accepts/gets the nod, this roster begins to look pretty good. Now imagine that Islanders and Ducks gets eliminated in round one together with Lake Erie and whoever Rangers farmer team is. I wonder if Karlsson will scratch a goalie so close to tournament start if Andersen becomes available.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Mads Larsen? Guy will play in allsvenskan next season with Pantern.

Could be a option for this team with all the injures.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
If Bødker and Eller accepts/gets the nod, this roster begins to look pretty good. Now imagine that Islanders and Ducks gets eliminated in round one together with Lake Erie and whoever Rangers farmer team is. I wonder if Karlsson will scratch a goalie so close to tournament start if Andersen becomes available.

Re: Nicklas Jensen. Hartford needs to make up four points in four games. Btw didn't wanna jinx it but Nicklas Jensens stat line has been improving through the season. It's as a black ace he's a question mark IMO. Every projection on the Rangers board includes him as one of four forwards btw.

Re: Goalies. Can't Karlsson leave a spot open and let George Sørensen go with the team without signing him in?

The blue line has improved. Markus Lauridsen, Mads Bødker and Stefan Lassen has joined the team at the expense of Phillip Bruggiser and Rasmus Lyø - leaving the team with one right handed D(Emil Kristensen). I'm baffled that Nicolai Weichel and Martin Larsen are still there but Oliver Lauridsen, Daniel Nielsen and perhaps Nicholas B. Jensen or Philip Larsen(According to Jimmy Bøjgaard no official decline yet) is still possible additions.

Up front Anders Poulsen's had an injury, and Nicolai Meyer has been dropped. Instead Mathias Bau Hansen and Thomas Spelling has joined the roster. That's leaving us with three centers(Starkov, Green and Aagaard) and Morten Madsen. Mads Christensen's properly on his way when he's done winning the DEL. Lars Eller would be crucial. And Jannik Hansen and/or Mikkel Bødker would be nice to. I'm not hinging any hope to early exit additions. Those guys are usually injured or plain tired come their PO exit.

EDIT: Second game vs Latvia ended 3-4. Danish goals by Jannik Karvinen(Lyø, Green), Frederik Storm(From, Bjørkstrand), Patrick Bjørkstrand(Lassen, Meyer). Denmark was up 1-0 and 3-2.

Last edited:

Sofaw

Jan 3, 2016
The national team have a hard with UFOs so I guess you'll be right eventually :(

Actually I think that the most likely reinforcement could be Nicklas Jensen. Hartford probably miss the play off and Rangers faces a tough opponent in Pens.
Nielsen and Islanders will go to second round. Bødker and Larsen are having future contracts in mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad