World Champion Finale GDT Sid vs. Geno

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Very happy for Sid, but I care about the Pens more. From a Pens perspective - he looked great w/ talent so he didn't have to do everything himself. Have to get talent in our top 6. HAVE to.

Also loved seeing the speed of the game. Beautiful hockey. Would bring back viewership if they opened it up more.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
Yep. Credited.

Malkin probably has been one of the only good Russian players tonight. Most are showing their limitations. Malkin? He's used to inferior linemates against superior competition, I suppose.

I thought Mozyakin has been good in this game as well, and the tournament. Maybe he isn't as big a name as others, but he is their scoring leader. Panarin looked good in flashes.

Ovi's probably tired from jetlag, but Kovy has been terrible the entire tournament.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Very happy for Sid, but I care about the Pens more. From a Pens perspective - he looked great w/ talent so he didn't have to do everything himself. Have to get talent in our top 6. HAVE to.

Also loved seeing the speed of the game. Beautiful hockey. Would bring back viewership if they opened it up more.

Management: Canada would have been better if they have more experience (aka old players).

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I haven't seen Sid that happy and animated in a long long time. Hopefully it rejuvenates him. Geno... Looked despondent. Hopefully he and Ovi party hard tonight.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I thought Mozyakin has been good in this game as well, and the tournament. Maybe he isn't as big a name as others, but he is their scoring leader. Panarin looked good in flashes.

Ovi's probably tired from jetlag, but Kovy has been terrible the entire tournament.

Could be wrong but I think I read that something has been wrong with Kovy's knee for most of the season.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Sid had at least a point in every game he played in this tournament. Scored a goal in the finals in Vancouver, Sochi and Prague. Captain of SC winner, Olympic winner and World Championships winner. also has WJC Gold, Hart Trophy, Maurice Richard, Art Ross...

Now, that Conn Smythe... Well, that´s gonna be difficult as hell. Like impossible :(

Ally22

Jul 3, 2013
tumblr_noinntZkIh1t58ocno1_1280.jpg

:laugh:

StroShow

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
Sid looked so happy , He finally has a full summer of health to train after a while.
Hopefully JR can get some talent to play with Sid in the top 6....
I thought Ploktinov looked good and Tikhonov was okay both would look good in Pens uniforms next year!

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Hopefully Malkin didn't aggravate anything, and comes to camp in the fall well-rested and 100%.

Lim Ran

Apr 11, 2009
Toronto
There's why I love Geno on my team. Look at that picture. He genuinely gave a ****. And you could see it in the game, too, but... Canada was just too good a team. Dat forward depth.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Glad team usa nabbed a bronze, thought they played admirable in the tournament considering they didn't even play an nhl goaltender.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Poor Geno. Didn't want him to go over in the first place, but I almost wish he could have won it considering his Olympic loss and ****** '14-'15 (losing Neal, getting injured before playoffs, etc.).

He needed this win more than Sid. Tons of respect for the guy (and Ovie and Tikhonov) for sticking around for the anthem though after his teammates bailed.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

It was such a breath of fresh air to see that kind of hockey after watching this slog-fest they call the NHL nowadays. Even after the first period, when the score was only 1-0 Canada, it was the most exciting hockey I've seen in ages.

The NHL needs to do something, because it's gotten to the point where if the Pens aren't playing, I can't be bothered to watch hockey. In the past, I could watch any game, Pens-related or not. Not now. I simply can't watch as a neutral observer now, the game is so damn boring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad