Post-Game Talk: Woodcroft + Practice Time = Profit???

How many teeth will McDavid have left by the end of the season?

• Total voters

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
The Oilers are a whopping 11-1-1 when Yamamoto scores.

Even though he's not consistent, he's a really important player to get going for the team.

He's really becoming a "clutch" scorer. 4 GWG this season, and even when they aren't, his goals seem to be a big spark at crucial moments in the game (like getting the party started tonight)

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
That top line has been fantastic but I'm almost more impressed with the Draisaitl line (Puljujarvi's rust tonight notwithstanding). They can just control the play in the offensive zone for large chunks at a time and take the opposition right out of it.

Loving both lines. They can kill you in different ways. McDavid's warp speed attack game drives line 1 then coming back with a power centre in Draisaitl with two power forwards, Hyman and Puljujarvi that cycle and control the puck are amazing complementing lines. Adding Nugent Hopkins to a strong two way third line and return to both special teams adds another dimension. I can see a stretch drive call up of Holloway to add another big, fast puck hunter for the bottom six.

The Kane acquisition was massive to enable a top nine roll out. Now we're seeing excellent deployment to roll out a strong, deep and versatile forward group.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
That was an awesome series

Yup

Best game I've ever been to was Game 2 of that series (also saw game 6 against the Ducks which was awesome but not so awesome with the series result). Bought a ticket about 7 rows up, in an 'Oilers attack twice' section, well worth it.

Would be nice to see that Kassian again. I have the below signed and framed to commemorate it. Please come back, playoffs Zack.

web-8af-hk-07244-05i-Kassian-EDM-ORG-GM2-GWG_2400x.jpg

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I'm eating a large crow brisket after Smith's performance... guy played well and while I had a gut feeling the Oilers would lay an offensive beating on Buffalo (they could have had 10)... I certainly DID NOT know that Smith would be good in the game. I honestly thought this was going to be some firewagon 8-7 type game with the Oilers outscoring their issues (Smith) in net.

Great game all around by the team including a solid game by the goalie.

More like this and this team cruises to a solid playoff spot and holy f***... watch out if this team rolls into the playoffs healthy and with confidence. (I actually hope they don't win their final few regular season games by scores of 6-1 etc as their heads will be too swollen... need them to stay humble and bring lots of piss and vinegar into the series to beat up on their 1st round opponent).

Reactions: oilers'72

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
That top line has been fantastic but I'm almost more impressed with the Draisaitl line (Puljujarvi's rust tonight notwithstanding). They can just control the play in the offensive zone for large chunks at a time and take the opposition right out of it.

Product of McDavid as NYR fan said (Bern) Draisaitl is a 40 point player with out McDavid . :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: MessierII and ujju2

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
It's nice to see we're no longer playing slump busters under Woody, that's one thing which drove me nuts under Tippett.
Also the whole team scoring on a more consistent basis is another nice change, finally McDrai get some pressure taken off to always be the lone scoring threat.

Keep it up, boys!

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Yup

Best game I've ever been to was Game 2 of that series (also saw game 6 against the Ducks which was awesome but not so awesome with the series result). Bought a ticket about 7 rows up, in an 'Oilers attack twice' section, well worth it.

Would be nice to see that Kassian again. I have the below signed and framed to commemorate it. Please come back, playoffs Zack.

web-8af-hk-07244-05i-Kassian-EDM-ORG-GM2-GWG_2400x.jpg
I was at that game too. I've never seen the Oilers play a better game. The Sharks had no business being in that game and Jones was excellent.

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
10 goals in 21 games
His Career NHL goal scoring rate is .44 G /game (= 9.24 Goals in 21 games)

Given his current production I'd say repeating his 50G, 55A, & 105P is pretty reasonable to expect. What a player! :DD
He scored 110 points in 19-20, good chance he hits a new career high in points too.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I flew out to See The Detroit/Buffalo/NJ games. Not disappointed by the offense so far! (Though the Wings game was more stressful than it needed to be)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad