Post-Game Talk: Woodcroft + Practice Time = Profit???

How many teeth will McDavid have left by the end of the season?

• Total voters

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
1647576491672.png

Don't think I've ever seen one of these graphs so skewed.

Jesus.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Nice to have a game where the result is never in doubt after the first period. Buffalo is a very bad hockey team, but the Oilers didn't play down to their level this time.

One thing I do like about this recent win streak, everyone on the team is contributing. It's not just Mcdavid/Drai doing all the scoring with announcers gushing about how they've gotten points on 60 or 70% of the teams goals like it's some amazingly good thing, but an actual roster wide team effort.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Really strong game by the boys.

Smith looked pretty good. Was at least moving better. Was probably one of the easiest games for a goalie this year though. His puckmoving was terrific though.

All the lines looked pretty good to me. Yamamoto looked really good in the first. McDavid was on, hopefully his mouth is good. Hyman and Draisaitl were really good.

Only guy I saw bad really was Kassian. He just doesn’t do much out there. I hope Holland moves him.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Reactions: NotAVacuumSalesman

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Really strong game by the boys.

Smith looked pretty good. Was at least moving better. Was probably one of the easiest games for a goalie this year though. His puckmoving was terrific though.

All the lines looked pretty good to me. Yamamoto looked really good in the first. McDavid was on, hopefully his mouth is good. Hyman and Draisaitl were really good.

Only guy I saw bad really was Kassian. He just doesn’t do much out there. I hope Holland moves him.

A month ago I would have said that Puls was a higher signing priority in the off-season when compared to Yams but lately the tables have turned. Yams (and a few others like Ryan and Shore) have come to life after the coaching change. In fairness to Puls he's coming off injury but wow he looked shaky tonight.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
A month ago I would have said that Puls was a higher signing priority in the off-season when compared to Yams but lately the tables have turned. Yams (and a few others like Ryan and Shore) have come to life after the coaching change. In fairness to Puls he's coming off injury but wow he looked shaky tonight.

The good part is, the way both are trending we'll easily be able to fit them under our remaining cap space for next year.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

I agree. JP looked pretty shaky. Some of its rust but some of its awkwardness.

Despite that I still think he forechecks well, causes chaos, retrieves pucks and screens the goalie.

Kassian just is invisible out there outside of his poor board play in the d zone.

Reactions: Section337

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I agree. JP looked pretty shaky. Some of its rust but some of its awkwardness.

Despite that I still think he forechecks well, causes chaos, and retrieves pucks.

Kassian just is invisible out there outside of his poor board play in the d zone.

Kassian is such an enigma.

His first game back you say to yourself "looks like he's determined to go on a tear for the rest of the season" but then it reverts to the same old song and dance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad