Woman Claims Todd Walsh Melted Down Over Minor Car Accident

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
You don't think they'd immediately move to exonerate him if it was obviously false? That's basically my point. They are taking the allegations very seriously. Something clearly happened, even if one thinks the story we've been presented is embellished.

Until HR says they can, no.

I was in a similar situation a few years ago where a local media outlet had run a story on a customer who had been confronted by other customers simply because they didn't like the t-shirt he was wearing. What exasperated the situation was my boss sided with the group who confronted this guy because they were friends of hers.

After the story broke it got back to corporate and the edict came down that none of us were to discuss the incident with anyone and all queries were to be directed to the public relations department. To break that would result in immediate termination.

So the odds are nobody from FSN is going to say boo about this until the suits say they can. If they were to defend Walsh on the air now and it turned out there was the tiniest substance to the incident you put the whole network at risk.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
That's a pretty positive spin on that story. As I remember the police were involved, so not everyone thought it was a "joke". If calling Bidwill and asking for their (Larry and Nancy Wilson -- I couldn't remember the GM's name, had to look it up) address so you can fire bomb their house is a "joke", nobody thought it was very funny at the time. And then to double down and refuse to apologize, is more asshattery.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
So the odds are nobody from FSN is going to say boo about this until the suits say they can. If they were to defend Walsh on the air now and it turned out there was the tiniest substance to the incident you put the whole network at risk.

Well, obviously. I worked for a company that had some, err, difficulties with a government contrac, and it was briefly local and national news. You could be sure that noone had to be reminded that "no comment" and "Please direct all questions to ..." were the order of the day.

But my point is that the story isn't obviously false. There is enough substance to the allegations to warrant this response. Something occurred. They need to find out what. That doesn't mean he's guilty. It just means there was some sort of incident.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I almost hope it's true, just so I never have to see that turtle freak Walsh again.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I met him once. I asked him a simple question I figured he knew the answer to "Hey, isn't Ricci supposed to be in the concourse outside of 105?" (or something super basic like that) and he looked at me like I pissed on his shoes. He was in his office (arena) and I just asked if he knew where his co-worker (Ricci) was scheduled to be at the moment (incidentally it was like 80 yards in the same direction I was walking anyway), but these things are too far beneath our extolled poet genius Todd Walsh. Anyway, his giant ham hock of a head sweats profusely and is three times too big for his ****** little body.

Reactions: ck26

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
This is the same guy that was still so steamed he left a message on Bill Bidwill's machine and threatened to fire bomb the GM's house after the Cardinals asked for him to be removed. He followed it up by getting fired because he refused to apologize. Maybe Don never asked for him to leave because he didn't want his house firebombed.

Yeah that's what I was talking about in my earlier post. I thought it was him that did something like that. It was so long ago I couldn't remember the details.

MP

Feb 8, 2008
I met him once. I asked him a simple question I figured he knew the answer to "Hey, isn't Ricci supposed to be in the concourse outside of 105?" (or something super basic like that) and he looked at me like I pissed on his shoes. He was in his office (arena) and I just asked if he knew where his co-worker (Ricci) was scheduled to be at the moment (incidentally it was like 80 yards in the same direction I was walking anyway), but these things are too far beneath our extolled poet genius Todd Walsh. Anyway, his giant ham hock of a head sweats profusely and is three times too big for his ****** little body.

I like to think he wondered, without a shred of irony or self-awareness, why on earth a grown man would want to fawn over a professional athlete.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Honestly, I've always been a big critic of Shane Doan the player, but I'd just about sign him to one year deals for as long as he wanted. I just don't like his usage. The problem wouldn't be Shane Doan's corpse on the fourth line next year. It would be Shane Doan top six winger because Dave Tippett refuses to put Duke out there.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I like to think he wondered, without a shred of irony or self-awareness, why on earth a grown man would want to fawn over a professional athlete.

If I recall correctly I was 21 years old. And the reason I was looking for the Ricci meet and greet was so my girlfriend could get her picture taken with him (which she did). She was 19 or 20 at the time, I believe.

EDIT: pretty sure it was the last home game of the 06-07 season, which would've meant I had turned 21 three month prior and my GF was either a week or two away from being 20 or had just turned twenty a week or two prior.

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
If I recall correctly I was 21 years old. And the reason I was looking for the Ricci meet and greet was so my girlfriend could get her picture taken with him (which she did). She was 19 or 20 at the time, I believe.

EDIT: pretty sure it was the last home game of the 06-07 season, which would've meant I had turned 21 three month prior and my GF was either a week or two away from being 20 or had just turned twenty a week or two prior.

Good points but man, I know that when I go to a meet and greet of the players, Im so star struck around those players and coaches that I make a complete fool of myself..
I always tell myself..Hey, you had 4 platoon commands and two company commands in the Army and your absolutely starstruck around these guys who haven't seen anything that you've seen....
But, it docent matter...
And thats agreeing with the fellow who wondered about grown men fawning over athletes..
Embarrassing, but I GURANTEE, next time I shake hands with Domi, Duclair, Martinook, Richardson, Hanzal Smitty, Murphy or ANY of those guys I will be absolutely struck with saying dumb things....

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Good points but man, I know that when I go to a meet and greet of the players, Im so star struck around those players and coaches that I make a complete fool of myself..
I always tell myself..Hey, you had 4 platoon commands and two company commands in the Army and your absolutely starstruck around these guys who haven't seen anything that you've seen....
But, it docent matter...
And thats agreeing with the fellow who wondered about grown men fawning over athletes..
Embarrassing, but I GURANTEE, next time I shake hands with Domi, Duclair, Martinook, Richardson, Hanzal Smitty, Murphy or ANY of those guys I will be absolutely struck with saying dumb things....

That's funny. I think that happens to all of us.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Well, according to the Republic the 911 call didn't contain any shouted insults like the initial Facebook report claimed there were, so it looks like we can dial back a little bit of the outrage.

But not all. Let's hold onto a little bit of it just for fun. It will make the eventual Rocky Mountain Emmy-nominated redemption story Walshie tapes on his return all the more interesting. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad