WJC Thread/Leafs at WJC

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I would rather get a Habs tattoo on each side of cheeks, ride a bike with no seat over a bumpy dirt road, and brush my teeth with a razor blade while having raw chili peppers shoved up my nose.....

ce1dfa8fe24a8dfd6dd4fa0c2121a44d.jpg

Reactions: LeafSteel

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Well, ya gotta be able to score. Team Canada should never be this offensively impotent. Guess they used up all of their goals against the Danes.

Lots of fast players with no hands, playmaking ability or finish. The worst Canadian world juniors squad I can remember.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Name one thing the coach did wrong
Comtois taking the PS, Veleno barely seeing the ice, no chemistry within any of our lines, failure to ignite the Canadian offense.

I agree with you about Dipietro, dude was literally the last of our problems, and was a big reason tonight's game was close... But Hunter wasn't good.

We're Canada, we shouldn't be out in the first round -- a lot of that blame should fall on to the Head Coach and management who selected that roster.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Comtois taking the PS, Veleno barely seeing the ice, no chemistry within any of our lines, failure to ignite the Canadian offense.

I agree with you about Dipietro, dude was literally the last of our problems, and was a big reason tonight's game was close... But Hunter wasn't good.

we will start with your first opinion, how do you know Comtois wasn't the best choice at the time, explain it in detail to me

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Scott has had a better season...

Also, both of todays goals could have (and probably should have) been stopped. ** Disclaimer - I did not watch most of today's game, so cannot judge further than that **

Who's to say DiPietro didn't have a better camp? Obviously I would've loved to see Scott get the nod but complaining about it when the other guy played well just sounds like sour grapes.

Reactions: Trawna Phan

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Who is the leading "goal" scorer on the team?
If Hunter picked Comtois because he has one extra goal over Frost in a sample size of 4 games than that kinda proves my point.

He didn't, because that's dumb. Probably went to him because he's the captain, which is also dumb.

Reactions: stickty111

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
You kinda just ignored my point and kept talking eh

what's your point, you would have let Suskie take it and he has zero goals in the tourney over the captain who has 5 goals in the tourney and has 7 points in 10 NHL games this season?

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
what's your point, you would have let Suskie take it and he has zero goals in the tourney over the captain who has 5 goals and has 7 points in 10 NHL games this season?
First choice definitely would of been Glass or Frost, but Suzuki would've been better than Comtois... f*** I would've rather seen Bouchard take it lol.

10 game sample sizes, 4 game sample sizes -- the afformentioned players are more notable prospects, and have out performed Comtois in junior in MUCH larger sample sizes.

It's fine, Hunter made his choice, I and plenty others don't agree with it.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
First choice definitely would of been Glass or Frost, but Suzuki would've been better than Comtois... **** I would've rather seen Bouchard take it lol.

10 game sample sizes, 4 game sample sizes -- the afformentioned players are more notable prospects, and have out performed Comtois in junior in MUCH larger sample sizes.

It's fine, Hunter made his choice, I and plenty others don't agree with it.
I'm done with you, have a good one .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad