WJC Thread/Leafs at WJC

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Canada has lost a few Tournys in recent years by making poor roster decisions.

That’s what annoys me the most. There are some blatantly BAD roster decisions made every year, it feels like it always costs the team. Canada is no longer at the point where we can afford to bench our best players or leave them off the team. This can also be extended to the coaching staff selections.

mammothCacti

Feb 19, 2018
After watching each of these games today, that while I wish he got to keep playing, Rasmus Sandin is just as good of a defensive prospect as there is out there.

So smart and effective, probably even more so than high pick guys like Bouchard and Dobson.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
Not if the Susie make it...they’ll have quotes from their coach and promote them hard ....which would be a fun story

We'll see but I don't think fans will care enough just to tune in because of his quotes. It's one thing to enjoy them watching highlights, another to take time out of your day to watch them.

I think it will take a huge hit.

Reactions: Trawna Phan

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
That’s what annoys me the most. There are some blatantly BAD roster decisions made every year, it feels like it always costs the team. This can also be extended to the coaching staff selections.
I truly believe that the IIHF has a backroom deal with Hockey Canada to dumb down Team Canada so that we don't dominate the tournament year after year.

It is mind boggling how some players are left off the team every year that should be on the team.

This year, our D were not as strong as they could have been IMHO.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
That’s what annoys me the most. There are some blatantly BAD roster decisions made every year, it feels like it always costs the team. Canada is no longer at the point where we can afford to bench our best players or leave them off the team. This can also be extended to the coaching staff selections.

To be fair... in other years Lafraniere would have been sent home at camp, and we would be complaining now we didnt pick him. But Hunter did pick him and he ended up where he belonged - limited minutes.

To me our D pool just wasnt very good, and moreseo than the NHL guys, not having Formenton and Villardi hurt.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Those sticks give a lot of goals that shouldn’t go, but they take away their fair share too.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Gotta pull for the Swiss now

Uhhmmm
No-Fray-Stick-Mntd-4.jpg

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Yeah, play soccer!
those idiot Eurotrash players won through emphasizing soccer - based spatial awareness
"It is not a children's tournament, but it is irresponsible on your part to live vicariously through 18 year olds," is what I would say if I was paid to be a talker
There is ok skill on that Canadian team. But we need to lose the jingoistic ugly Canadian thing and get out of this hyper- nationalistic darkness.
I know the TV networks kind of go Super Bowl Sunday on this thing, but we turn into fart catchers when we question the goalie about his blocker

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
DiPietro was very good, no shame in saying so

Scott has had a better season...

Also, both of todays goals could have (and probably should have) been stopped. ** Disclaimer - I did not watch most of today's game, so cannot judge further than that **

Leaf4Life

Feb 8, 2010
Scott has had a better season...

Also, both of todays goals could have (and probably should have) been stopped. ** Disclaimer - I did not watch most of today's game, so cannot judge further than that **

Cant say I agree at all. Both goals were deflected in.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Cant say I agree at all. Both goals were deflected in.

Don't agree Scott has had a better season?

1st goal, he was not in a great position, too deep in the net. Should have made himself 'bigger'.

2nd goal, he didn't react to the shot in time.... its not like the shot was a laser at all.

A bigger goaltender likely would have stopped both shots...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad