WJC: WJC players who have disappointed you

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Roy for me - at the risk of stating the obvious.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Dylan Olsen by far has been my biggest disappointment on Canada.

I hated Roy from the beginning and thought he would do poorly so its not really a disappointment to me.

Klaus

Teemu!
May 8, 2010
Winnipeg, MB
Roy, Olsen. And I wouldn't necessarily say I've been disappointed with Couturier, just maybe underwhelmed? He hasn't been bad or anything but I was just expecting more.

Last edited:

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Not sure I agree with Kreider. He is the best player on Team USA.

He hasn't been bad, but after seeing how good he was last year, and in a game he played against B.U. this year, I thought he'd be one of the more dominant players in the tournament.

dm1371

May 29, 2010
Chicoutimi, QC
Larsson has to come 1st.. then I wasn't impressed by Couturier, alot disappointed by Olsen and Roy, I expected more from Brett Connolly too.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Olsen, Larsson, Morin and Marincin.

Not sure if Marincin had a chance to disappoint considering he was kicked out of the tournament after a few periods when he hit Zucker of USA -interpreted as an intent to injure, perhaps instigated by an incident the previous year in which Zucker liquidated Slovakia's best defenseman Martin Stajnoch.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Not sure if Marincin had a chance to disappoint considering he was kicked out of the tournament after a few periods when he hit Zucker of USA -interpreted as an intent to injure, perhaps instigated by an incident the previous year in which Zucker liquidated Slovakia's best defenseman Martin Stajnoch.

Maybe that's why he's disappointed?

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Maybe that's why he's disappointed?

Marincin acted as a misguided teenager. The blame extends to Coach Mikes for allowing his players to be so undisciplined and to officials last year that failed to give Zucker proper punishment for his hit on Stajnoch. To use Ken Hitchcock terminology, after Zucker received no suspension, Marincin served Zucker his lunch.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Everyone has said the usual suspects, but Sean Couturier...

I know he's put up a few points and all this and that, but for a guy in talks to be #1 overall, all I see is a perimeter player who is far less visible than the past three #1 overalls were in their pre-draft tournaments.

Charlie Milles*

Roy. Big time. I remember watching him a few years ago in Cape Breton and he seemed like another Fleury, Houle, Pavelec but watching him in Buffalo makes me think that a lot of Oilers fans are going to be disappointed in the not too distant future.

Couturier is another guy. He is expected to go in the top three in this year's draft? The last two QMJHL forwards that went in the top three were Sidney Crosby and Vincent Lecavalier. He doesn't have a 1/10th of the talent that those two guys showed in the Q. 2011 must be an awful draft year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad