WJC: WJC players who have disappointed you

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
what did everyone expect of larsson? constant end to end rushes? hes been pretty rock solid and controls the flow of the game in alot of instances and he makes good passes

sometimes you have to read beyond the stat sheet a bit

^ Larsson haters need to read this because it's true.

For me it's been Vatanen, Roy and Olsen.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
hmm... just as I say kuz has sucked, he turns it on and scores a ppg to draw within one then assists the tying goal. Russia now going to OT vs finland.

maybe i should criticize some canadian players tomorrow.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
german team in general, kuehnhackl and rieder as biggest disappointments.

and i can't wait for the excuses like "we were close" and so one. :help:

AugustBurnsRed*

I think Rieder and Kuhnhackl would be doing better if their team could get the puck out of their zone more than once a period.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
hmm... just as I say kuz has sucked, he turns it on and scores a ppg to draw within one then assists the tying goal. Russia now going to OT vs finland.

maybe i should criticize some canadian players tomorrow.

and kuznetsov scores the OT winner. Obviously he's no longer a disappointment to me.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
This.

Pulkkinen had a decent tournament until the end of the russia game...

Pulkkinen would have had more points if Granlund had been fit. Plus this was his first WJC, it's all a new experience for him. Next year he should be better and hopefully Mikke will be there as well.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
and kuznetsov scores the OT winner. Obviously he's no longer a disappointment to me.

Holy smokes did he look incredible on the third Russia goal, beating out three Finnish defenders. To think he's going to be joining the Caps offence...its just unfair. :D

Booom

Jan 1, 2011
Roy
Visentin
Olsen
DeHaan
Schwartz(before injury)
Connolly
Couturier
Leblanc

to varying degrees.

Last edited:

AugustBurnsRed*

i would ask you how often you've seen them play, but i know the answer. :)

Once, and the team was in the offensive zone the whole time. They obviously could be doing better, I just didn't expect much.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Is it too early (or late) to add Visentin?

He's 2-0-0 with a .963 Save % and a GAA of 1.00.

He'll bounce back. I'm more confident in his seasonal stats of 13-4-2-2 2.30 GAA and .921 Save% than I would be with Campbell's 12-9-0-0 3.68 GAA and .887 Save%.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Roy
Visentin
Olsen
DeHaan
Schwartz(before injury)
Connolly
Couturier
Leblanc

to varying degrees.
How has Leblanc even been close to a disappointment? He has been a huge PK guy, has three goals and all of this while being used in several different situations on different lines. He controls the puck as well as anyone on Canada and I can't imagine how he could be a disappointment to anybody.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

He's 2-0-0 with a .963 Save % and a GAA of 1.00.

He'll bounce back. I'm more confident in his seasonal stats of 13-4-2-2 2.30 GAA and .921 Save% than I would be with Campbell's 12-9-0-0 3.68 GAA and .887 Save%.

Hi Lw Golie :

I hope you are right... However, I have been to every Canadian game and I am just amazed at how both Roy and Visenyin are fighting the puck. They remind me of Luongo at the Olympics...

The puck hits them in the glove and it falls out.
The puck hits them in the chest and there is a juicy rebound.
The puck is shot in their feet and they don't seem to have a clue where it is.

Scares the hell out of me to watch.

I hope Visentin stands on his head. I hope he is lights out. And, to be honest, I think he just has to be 'Good' for Canada to beat the US. If he is Great, we win in a walk.

However...

If he plays like he did against the Swiss and can't hold onto the puck...
If he give up an early easy goal...
If he looks/plays like he is scared...

We are DOA.

Watching Cunz was a treat and he should be used as an example to our goalie...

He always looked calm.
He always looked ready.
He never backed down and challenged our forwards every chance he got.

You put him in Team Canada's net and we never lose a game all tournament. He should have been the MVP for his team today. The fact that he wasn't was a crime!

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Hi Lw Golie :

I hope you are right... However, I have been to every Canadian game and I am just amazed at how both Roy and Visenyin are fighting the puck. They remind me of Luongo at the Olympics...

The puck hits them in the glove and it falls out.
The puck hits them in the chest and there is a juicy rebound.
The puck is shot in their feet and they don't seem to have a clue where it is.

Scares the hell out of me to watch.

I hope Visentin stands on his head. I hope he is lights out. And, to be honest, I think he just has to be 'Good' for Canada to beat the US. If he is Great, we win in a walk.

However...

If he plays like he did against the Swiss and can't hold onto the puck...
If he give up an early easy goal...
If he looks/plays like he is scared...

We are DOA.

Watching Cunz was a treat and he should be used as an example to our goalie...

He always looked calm.
He always looked ready.
He never backed down and challenged our forwards every chance he got.

You put him in Team Canada's net and we never lose a game all tournament. He should have been the MVP for his team today. The fact that he wasn't was a crime!

Conz is definitely a great goaltender at this level and there's a good reason for that. He has been playing against professional men since 2008. The Swiss League is a very good league with many ex-NHL'ers. The pace of this tournament is a step down for him.

Other goalies who don't have the opportunity to play against pros struggle to adapt to the pace of the elite shooters at this tournament.

So while Conz looks great right now, down the road when a guy like Visentin develops and gets conditioned to a pro pace with pro shooters (something this tournament is very close to) his upside will be higher.

Conz is definitely the class of this tournament though. I love how he battles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad