WJC Group A: Dec 29 GDT - Norway vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maken*

AlexCvm said:
Well, coming out flat again is just a case of playing in front of one of the worst crowd ever. (Before being flamed, I'm talking about THIS tournament, not in general).

I 100% agree. I haven't been impressed with the fans enthusiasm for Canada at all so far.

If only they could put as much effort into cheering for Canada as they do in cheering against the USA...

Zetterberg4Captain*

Nice goal by Cam Barker. Nice shot. 1-0 Canada!!!!!!!!! PP goal.

SammyTheBull

Dec 1, 2005
Jesus H Christ...at the end of the first period some Norwegian player comes at the net and gets decked by the D and the ref had his arm up before the hit happened :biglaugh:

SaskaSens

Dec 17, 2005
Maken said:
I 100% agree. I haven't been impressed with the fans enthusiasm for Canada at all so far.

If only they could put as much effort into cheering for Canada as they do in cheering against the USA...
Ironic that you're complaining about the flatness in Canada's play as you are complaining about the lack of cheering at the game. It is indeed difficult to cheer about a lacklustre game to which in my opinion should be about 5-0 now. Like somebody else commented, it's up to the team to get the crowd going and so far they aren't doing too good a job of it. I'm watching the game myself and finding myself bored with all of these penalties.

espo*

John Walsh has to do an episode looking for the Canadian team that played Russia and Finland.They've vanished without a trace since then.Anyone with any information leading to their safe return please call 1-800-i've forgotten to bring intensity and check effectively.

Westcoasthabsfan

Aug 22, 2004
In Pandoras Box
SammyTheBull said:
Jesus H Christ...at the end of the first period some Norwegian player comes at the net and gets decked by the D and the ref had his arm up before the hit happened :biglaugh:

It was a penalty..... no doubter.... another undisciplined penalty by Canada

Maken*

SaskaSens said:
Ironic that you're complaining about the flatness in Canada's play as you are complaining about the lack of cheering at the game. It is indeed difficult to cheer about a lacklustre game to which in my opinion should be about 5-0 now. Like somebody else commented, it's up to the team to get the crowd going and so far they aren't doing too good a job of it. I'm watching the game myself and finding myself bored with all of these penalties.

Actually I meant the entire tournament, which I guess does include this game.

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
This is allll part of Canada's strategy. Rope-a-dope, make the opponent figure you're down and out and then....BAM!!!!!!!!! :D

Westcoasthabsfan

Aug 22, 2004
In Pandoras Box
It sounds like the rink is empty..... hey fans at the game time to get vocal because it looks like this team will need all the help they can get New Years Eve against the Yanks

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
Steadfast said:
USA is going to slaughter us.

Doubt it. I think a lot of this is a case of Canada not taking these lesser opponents seriously enough. When the competition is tougher, they'll step up.

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
Westcoasthabsfan said:
Just like the game against the Swiss eh? :sarcasm:

Exactly! When we "squeak" into the gold medal game, the opponent will think "pffft, these guys are a pushover" Then...BAM!!!!!!!! 10-0 Canada :D

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
SammyTheBull said:

Last nights Hitmen game featured a ref I had never seen before who was absolutely terrible. I felt he really ruined what would have already been a bad game. But then I watched my recording of the game vs the Swiss, and now this one, and I realize that Canadian junior referees arent that bad, all things considered.

You know what? This tournament is hosted by a North American country. Call a North American style game. Let the no-contact hockey rule when the tournament is hosted in Europe.

Oh, and Canada really needs to wake up. We should be winning by a margin considerably larger than one goal, regardless of the officiating.

joe_shannon_1983*

Pierre McGuire is getting so fed up that he is going craaaazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad