WJC Group A: Dec 29 GDT - Norway vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
nomorekids said:
Just you wait. Norway and the USA have some close ties, and we've been promised vindication for what you did to us in the war of 1812. Don't think we've forgotten.

Pffssh. We weren't even a country then. Blame the English.

rangers

Mar 10, 2003
Stavanger, Norway
Visit site
Playing Canada in the WJC on their home soil in Vancouver is absolutely huge for Norwegian hockey. I`m sure our boys have a special feeling right now, but I hope they`ll be able to leave the nerves and thoughts in the dressingroom of the Pacific Coliseum, and that they will get a decent result. And to the boys in red, white and blue: You got our full support from back home. You have already made us proud by just being there!

Good luck to both Canada and Norway! Here`s to a great game :handclap:

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Seachd said:
My worry is if something happens to Pogge, you have Dubnyk going into the medal round cold.

That's a bit of a concern, but he's been playing games all year and must have confidence after his game against the Czechs. He was probably selected because Sutter is confident that he can step up and perform when called upon in an emergency situation. Everyone knew he wouldn't be challenging Poggeman.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
nomorekids said:
Wait, you're a COUNTRY now? I was under the impression you were under colonial rule. Weren't you traded to China as a side deal in the Taiwan swap?

You are thinking of Alaska.

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
rangers said:
Playing Canada in the WJC on their home soil in Vancouver is absolutely huge for Norwegian hockey. I`m sure our boys have a special feeling right now, but I hope they`ll be able to leave the nerves and thoughts in the dressingroom of the Pacific Coliseum, and that they will get a decent result. And to the boys in red, white and blue: You got our full support from back home. You have already made us proud by just being there!

Good luck to both Canada and Norway! Here`s to a great game :handclap:

Super-Thor ....
You have to have higher expectations for Norway. I'm not saying they need to beat Canada, but they need to make some sort of noise if they are ever going to create enough of a stir to get more little Norwegian kids playing hockey over there. Maybe a win v. Switzerland or something.

Ah forget it...I was in Norway this year. Simply put, hockey's NEVER going to fly over there. Too bad.

rangers

Mar 10, 2003
Stavanger, Norway
Visit site
Mallard said:
Super-Thor ....
You have to have higher expectations for Norway. I'm not saying they need to beat Canada, but they need to make some sort of noise if they are ever going to create enough of a stir to get more little Norwegian kids playing hockey over there. Maybe a win v. Switzerland or something.

Ah forget it...I was in Norway this year. Simply put, hockey's NEVER going to fly over there. Too bad.

Well, our guys are 100% amateurs and they`re up against some of the worlds greatest U20 players. We have 0 draftees in our team and when you look at the rosters of Canada and USA we don`t really stand a chance. However upsets have happened before and I really hope both our juniors and mens team somehow manages to stick with the top flight teams. I don`t hold my breath though. What we need is more NHLers. Players like Patrick Thoresen (who honestly should be playing in the NHL right now), OK Tollefsen, Anders Myrvold and Patrick Holtet will spark the hockey here once they make it.

allin4466

Apr 8, 2005
Brian Burke on Norway: "Norway had one chance to win this game, and it ended when the Canadian bus made it to the rink"

rangers

Mar 10, 2003
Stavanger, Norway
Visit site
allin4466 said:
Brian Burke on Norway: "Norway had one chance to win this game, and it ended when the Canadian bus made it to the rink"

May I remind mr Burke that Norway have beaten Canada before and probably will sometime again. What happened to respecting both teams?

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
Norway's first shot came at 7:41 of the first period on a powerplay.

That said, I think Canada's come out flat again in this game. I don't see the sense of urgency they should be playing with in trying to bury Norway to boost the confidence of the troops.

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
nomorekids said:
Wait, you're a COUNTRY now? I was under the impression you were under colonial rule. Weren't you traded to China as a side deal in the Taiwan swap?

Queen Elizabeth II and the British parliament has all the sway over Canada that Cuba holds over the U.S. That is to say, not the slightest bit when it comes to our political decision making. Still, it makes for some fine pomp at our military parades dontcha think?

AlexCvm

Jun 27, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Aaron Vickers said:
Norway's first shot came at 7:41 of the first period on a powerplay.

That said, I think Canada's come out flat again in this game. I don't see the sense of urgency they should be playing with in trying to bury Norway to boost the confidence of the troops.

Well, coming out flat again is just a case of playing in front of one of the worst crowd ever. (Before being flamed, I'm talking about THIS tournament, not in general).

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
AlexCvm said:
Well, coming out flat again is just a case of playing in front of one of the worst crowd ever. (Before being flamed, I'm talking about THIS tournament, not in general).

It isn't the crowd's job to get the team going. The team should be getting the crowd going.

This team lacks intensity, from the look of things thus far in the tournament.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Pathfinder said:
Queen Elizabeth II and the British parliament has all the sway over Canada that Cuba holds over the U.S. That is to say, not the slightest bit when it comes to our political decision making. Still, it makes for some fine pomp at our military parades dontcha think?

I was kidding ;)

Everyone knows that Japan rules us both.

Maken*

Mcguire needs to s t f u about Pouliot.. it's been 5 freaking periods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad