Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafErikson

Schwifty 24/7
Jun 23, 2004
Victoria B.C.
AlexCvm said:
We're playing the Swiss, that's why.
The Swiss have played a good hard nosed game, they deserve the 4-2 game, I'm not ashamed that our guys have had to battle more than they probobly thought they would. I said before this game started that Switzerland gives a good effort, and if their skill could match their effort, they would be a good team.

Zetterberg4Captain*

This is probably the worst WJC game I have ever seen. Im tempted to go play Xbox right now.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
AlexCvm said:
Have you ever seen TSN (or RDS for that matter) say anything bad against Team Canada?

Well I think the next sentence was that Cogliano was being benched for a terrible pass that Pogge had to bail him out of.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Hockeycanada said:
They are having a really bad game and I am worried. Sloppy play, weak passes, and worst of all, Switzerland very well may be outhitting Canada. This is hard to watch.
I wouldn't be worried. They played very well against Finland. If they play like this against Norway then maybe start to worry.

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
Hockeycanada said:
They are having a really bad game and I am worried. Sloppy play, weak passes, and worst of all, Switzerland very well may be outhitting Canada. This is hard to watch.

This seems to be the way it goes. I know I've been watching this tournament for 17 years and Canada has had trouble against perceived "lower" opponents. They seem to play down to their level and just lack that killer intensity.

Sutter needs to start screaming at these guys (I'm pretty sure he is doing that right now) and get a fire lite under them.

Overall, this team will be fine. I just don't think you'll see their best play until saturday.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Raging Bull said:
Is that a fact? If he plays like he has been this year I don't want him representing my country.

Sure he started out poorly.

Since then: 2.14 GAA and .934 save % in November, 2.01 GAA and 0.932 save % in December. His record is up to .500. I'm sure you knew all of this though.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
eddiedaeagle20 said:
The Swiss have played a good hard nosed game, they deserve the 4-2 game, I'm not ashamed that our guys have had to battle more than they probobly thought they would. I said before this game started that Switzerland gives a good effort, and if their skill could match their effort, they would be a good team.

Yes but Canada has had like 10 PP's.. I don't care what the effort is, Canada should have a better score with that many man advantages.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Steadfast said:
Sure he started out poorly.

Since then: 2.14 GAA and .934 save % in November, 2.01 GAA and 0.932 save % in December. His record is up to .500. I'm sure you knew all of this though.

Yep, I did. Doesn't change the fact that he played horribly to start the year.

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
AG said:
This is probably the worst WJC game I have ever seen. Im tempted to go play Xbox right now.

There's been piles of WJC games worse than this. Trust me. The official has an itchy trigger finger but I've seen worse.

Start with that Andersson guy from Sweden. I don't even know if he refs anymore but boy oh boy I remember him from the 90's and he was completely pathetic.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
I disagree with Sutter benching Cogliano for the entire 2nd period and according to Bob Mckenzie, likely the 3rd as well. The guy had been a force in the pre tourney games, and against Finland and so he flashes on a pass, albeit it was a bad play and Sutter must hate it but benching him for the entire period... :dunno:

LeafErikson

Schwifty 24/7
Jun 23, 2004
Victoria B.C.
I just don't think the panic button needs to be hit quite yet, this team is full of skill, heart, and have a outstanding goaltender, and by far the best coach in the tournament. They have all the ingredients to win it all, and they will!!!!

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
Is Rick Leuker from the US reffing this year??? I know I always like the games that Canada has had when he refs. He'll allow more physical play and doesn't call penalties just when the boards make noise.

I do know that some European fans detest him.

AlexCvm

Jun 27, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
El_Scoobo said:
There's been piles of WJC games worse than this. Trust me. The official has an itchy trigger finger but I've seen worse.

Start with that Andersson guy from Sweden. I don't even know if he refs anymore but boy oh boy I remember him from the 90's and he was completely pathetic.

The crowd is as boring as if the WJC was at Helsinki...

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
shakes said:
They have been outhitting Canada. That is what is frustrating.

I disagree when we're being outhit. Canada is finishing its checks. It may seem like the Swiss are outhitting us because we notice when they hit, it is not in their nature.

We're more likely to notice something we dont expect than something we do.

joe_shannon_1983*

After watching 10 minutes of this game, I have come to the unfortunate conclusion that U.S.A. is going to mess up Canada really bad in this tournament.

Zetterberg4Captain*

OMG! 4-3 now. Puck shot from the point deflected into the net. DAMNIT! Does anyone know the shots on goal for each team?

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
Gotta love Pierre macguire. Last game he said that Parent was from Swift Current and tonight he said he was born in Prince Albert.

Then he goes on to say that Parent and Comeau are the only players on the team born in saskatchewan. Which is wrong again. Comeau actually moved to Meadow Lake as an infant and was not born there.

Good detective work Pierre!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad