Game start: 4PM PST | 7PM ET | 01.00 CET
Group: A

Online coverage (rosters, stats etc.)

Flags from 3dflags.com

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I would think this would be Canada is a walk. I'll give the Swiss goaltender a bit of credit though. 6-1 Canada.

High flyin' Habs*

Where the hell is everyone? Why are the other gmt's more active than this one? :dunno:

espo*

Canada will in all probability win by a good spread but that's second to me.It's how they play this game that is more important.They need to continue to work on areas that are not up to snuff like break-out execution from their d-men and moving the puck smartly and smoothly on the PP.I trust a Sutter coached team will make sure bad habits don't start to creep in.It will also be an opportuinity for guys that have been underwhelming so far such as Latendresse to start getting their games and confidence going.We need all guys playing up to their potential to win this thing.

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
I'm going to say 6-1 for Canada. The Swiss have played surprisingly well against us on recent occasion.

The biggest concern is to keep improving and not to get into bad/lazy habits.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
El_Scoobo said:
I'm going to say 6-1 for Canada. The Swiss have played surprisingly well against us on recent occasion.

The biggest concern is to keep improving and not to get into bad/lazy habits.
I don't think this team will get into bad habits. Remember who is coaching the team. Sutter won't let them develop bad habits.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Even though the game is against Switzerland some Canadian players have to have a big game.

Latendresse is one of them. He has played poorly in both exhibition games and the game against Finland. If he continues to play like this he won't be seeing the ice a lot. He needs to start creating offence and start using the body more.

On defence Barker and Bourdon have to step it up. Barker has to be a force physically and offensively. He should be Canada's best defenceman but he wasn't against Finland. Bourdon has to play better in his own zone. He gave the puck away too many times.

I think Pouliot will have a big game tonight.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Downie has a flu virus I believe. Sutter wants a "pack of fools mentality" hoping for bad penalties and neutral zone turnovers by his club. Its an odd coaching strategy but Sutter knows what he is doing. Kolliker admits to being perplexed but knows Canada is a tough draw in their home rink. Berra will need to stop 50 shots to give the Swiss a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad