WJC Group A: Dec 28 GDT - Canada vs. Switzerland

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexCvm

Jun 27, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Latendresse isn't even close to being as good as he was last year...and he made the team. :dunno:

He's not doing that well in Drummondville since being cut by the habs.

Last edited:

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
eddiedaeagle20 said:
So he should have x ray vision? :shakehead

Come on guy, the shot was from the side boards for heaven's sakes!!! He needs to make himself big in the net. If you watch the replay, he's not covering near enough of the net. He's left the top half side wide open and that's where the puck went.

Certainly, a lot of the problem is that the defense needs to clear the lane. All 5 guys need to hear about that goal because it was a pathetic clearing attempt and all around bad shift. I'm sure Sutter will go over it.

This team has to start shooting the bloody puck. They pass, pass, pass all the time. Every 2 on 1----pass. Somebody Shoot!!

espo*

eddiedaeagle20 said:
give your head a shake, not that deep. Are you trying to compare this to last years team? If so, that's just not fare! :teach:
No i'm not.What i'm saying is that we are not as deep as you said we were.We need all guys contributing.

I think i'll pass on shaking my head this time.

BigTimer*

Jocksta18 said:
How has Pouliot been playing, other than his assist?
Excellent. Creates alot of chances with his speed. IMO he's been the most impressive player tonight.

AlexCvm

Jun 27, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Raging Bull said:
Cue anti-leaf bias:

If he wasn't a Leafs prospect, he "would have had no chance" on that goal. But since he is, he "looked really bad on it".

I don't care about him being a Leafs prospect or not. As far as I'm concerned, he is a Team Canada player, period.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
AlexCvm said:
Latendresse isn't even close to being as good as he was last year...and he made the team. :dunno:

He's not doing that well in Drumondville since being cut by the habs.

I know.. going from almost making the Habs to losing shifts on the world juniors because of his lousy play. I honestly expected more from him.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
I really like the play of Berra, he hasn't looked bad on the goals scored, and looks to be steady in net. Good at reading plays and pokechecks too. Hopefully someone will take a chance on him next year.

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
Raging Bull said:
Cue anti-leaf bias:

If he wasn't a Leafs prospect, he "would have had no chance" on that goal. But since he is, he "looked really bad on it".

I suppose this is the same as the "CBC Leaf Bias" in which Bob Cole and Harry Neale say that Belfour "usually gobbles that up" instead of "Gee, maybe Belfour is sucking this year". Good grief, they lose 8-2 and it still wasn't Belfour's fault. But I'm digressing.

espo*

2Leetch_94 said:
How has Staal looked?
He's fine.The team is making him not look as impressive as last game though.His teams play=The Swiss game is not allowing him to be great.

AlexCvm

Jun 27, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I saw Latendresse play last year against the Oceanic in Drummondville and was as dominant on the ice as Sidney Crosby, but man, he's playing some bad hockey this year.

Last edited:

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
El_Scoobo said:
I suppose this is the same as the "CBC Leaf Bias" in which Bob Cole and Harry Neale say that Belfour "usually gobbles that up" instead of "Gee, maybe Belfour is sucking this year". Good grief, they lose 8-2 and it still wasn't Belfour's fault. But I'm digressing.

:biglaugh: I'm not talking about the commentators, I'm talking about all of the fans. If you don't like the Leafs, you hate them, so you must have some sort of bias against them.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Bob McKenzie just commented on the only goals Pogge has let in this tournament are ones that he hasn't been able to see. So...

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
"Big Head" Mackenzie seems to think that Cogliano will be benched for the third. Hopefully, Latendresse is sitting right there next to him.

I don't see why Pokuluk hasn't seen the ice. If he's going to be a detriment to the team then why is he there?? And if you say "for injury relief"----then I don't see why he should be put in cold. Give the kid a couple of shifts for heaven's sakes. Its only Switzerland and the team isn't playing that great. How much worse could Sasha be?

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
What an awful game. This is worse than watching NHL hockey. The ref has ruined the game.

Pogge had no chance on either goal. He didn't the puck on either one of them.

Latendresse has to get going. He needs to start hitting and getting some emotion in his game. I thought he would be one of their best forwards but the is Canada's worst forward by far.

AlexCvm

Jun 27, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
shakes said:
Bob McKenzie just commented on the only goals Pogge has let in this tournament are ones that he hasn't been able to see. So...

Have you ever seen TSN (or RDS for that matter) say anything bad against Team Canada?

Hockeycanada*

eddiedaeagle20 said:
It's 4-2 guys, stop crapping all over this team :rant:
They are having a really bad game and I am worried. Sloppy play, weak passes, and worst of all, Switzerland very well may be outhitting Canada. This is hard to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad