WJC Group A: Dec 28 GDT - Canada vs. Switzerland

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Andrew_11 said:
A pretty sloppy period by Canada but with the amount of penalties called the game really had no flow whatsoever. Downie was arguably the best player on the ice in the period. Is it just me or is it a lot quiter in Vancouver than it was in Halifax, Winnipeg, etc. Hopefully the second period will actually have some flow to it and more time 5-on-5.
The crowd is way too quiet. I can't believe how quiet it is. Sure it's not a good game but they were quiet in the Finland game.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
canucksfan said:
The crowd is way too quiet. I can't believe how quiet it is. Sure it's not a good game but they were quiet in the Finland game.

Where's the home team advantage??? The players need that extra spark, especially down the road against tougher opponents.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Aaron Vickers said:
I actually do not mind this referee, if only for the simple fact that Canada is getting valuable in-game practice for their special teams.

A lot of in game practice.

Except for the fact that the Ref has sucked the life out of the game.. First game in a while that I've been bored watching a world junior game, but I'm used to it watching NHL games lately.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
That's twice I've seen obvious penalties with Canada already on the PP but the ref won't give Canada a 2 man advantage... now the Swiss on the other hand...

espo*

Evrytime Miller says that beiber guys name for the Swiss it sounds like 'Beaver"

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
Although I do not see much of Roberto Luongo, I have to disagree with McGuire's comparison of Pogge to Luongo.

I've seen little of Luongo, but I've watched all but three of Pogge's home starts this year in Calgary. When I see him, I do not think of Luongo.

AlienWorkShop

No, Ben! No!
Oct 30, 2004
:biglaugh: Who heard Pierre knock Gord Miller for constantly using the refs name? I know I wouldn't appreciate being told like that on TV...

Zetterberg4Captain*

Nice work by Pyatt. Good cycling and driving hard to the net to bang in a rebound. 3-1 Canada!

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
AlienWorkShop said:
:biglaugh: Who heard Pierre knock Gord Miller for constantly using the refs name? I know I wouldn't appreciate being told like that on TV...

I think he's more hoping to prevent embarassment for the referee by not having his name said so much on national television based on the horrid job he's done officiating.

espo*

3-1 Pyatt.

Stil,not the same energy and execution here tonight is there?The Swiss are standing up well to the physicality and competing hard.

On another note.......Pierre seems to be going with the mantra of the ref tonight.It's along the lines of "this ref does'nt mind the open ice hits,the stuff along the boards,not so much!!"

I wonder how many times he'll crank that one out tonight.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
The Canadian forwards are dominating the Swiss defense down low so much that it is forcing the Swiss wingers to come down into the corners to help out.

Look for Canada to start exploiting this by feeding their defensemen who sit wide open at the blueline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->