WJC: Dec 26 GDT - Sweden vs. Canada

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
The Swedes' p.k. has looked impressive(especially early one).Intiating the play,active sticks ,and ROCKET boards does not hurt either:amazed:

Price has looked solid.

Play McArdle:madfire:

Black jeresy's just ain't Canada:teach:

Renholder

Racing like a pro
Jun 24, 2005
montreal
Canada is super lucky to be up by 2 goals. They were outplayed in the second period. Seriously, i'm not impressed with this squad ride now. Too many broken plays, to many mistakes in the neutral zone, there's now flow. Sweden's playing a good game but are not capitalizing because of Price. He's been solid so far.

emb24*

swedes dominated most of the second...just couldn't finish..canada looks a little confused by the big ice...i find this game entertianing, just that both teams lack finish..i find the differecne in this game is the D..Canada's is better than sweden - it's nhl calibre and quicker...but props to sweden playing physical and aggressive..

and yeah i like the throwback black unis too..but we probably won't see them again in this tourney as they'll go back to red

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Is that really hockey ?
2 crappy periods.
The automatic icing is the worst rule ever invented.
Bigger ice surface=defensive boring hockey.

Not impressed by the offensive talent of the Canadian team anyway.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Very good period by the swedes, although the excessive offensive escapades of Hörnqvist-Omark-Isaksson is making me nervous. Bench them. Lets hope the rest of the team can remain calm and concentrated and this up and maybe score a goal on the world champs in the last period. That will be a great confidence booster.

LeafDangler

Apr 25, 2006
I have now officially decided that anyone who prefers international rules and ice surfaces over North American is absolutely nuts. This game is frustrating the hell out of me. Glad to see Canada up though.

Kotton

Jul 10, 2006
Sorry to be a bother, can anyone tell me how Cogliano is playing so far??

He's playing pretty well. Has setup teammates a few times where they just had the puck bounce over their stick. Set Russel up for half of a wide open net which he missed and also got an assist on the second goal.

Mckenzie just got done saying during the intermission how he's been the most dangerous Canadian forward and how something happens everytime hes on the ice.

I agree, then again i'm an Oilfan. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad