WJC: Dec 26 GDT - Sweden vs. Canada

Towelie*

I think Canada will win this one. I think it was a very good lesson to have Sweden beat them in the exhibition, especially in the fashion they did - coming back. I think this will make Canada turn it up a notch, and ultimately the very good Swede team will be unable to match them.

To be honest, and I hope I don't seem arrogant, I would like the games to be a lot closer this year. Last year Canada pretty much dominated every single game and there were never really any times that I feared they would lose. Lets hope for a more competitive tournament!

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
I hope the game will be entertaining. Thats the only thing what I'm looking forward too, entertainment, because there is no way Sweden beats that team twice in one week. No way.

The canadians will win by at least a two goal margin. I predict 5-2 to Canada.

Maken*

Go Canada Go!

Shut down Backstrom and it should be an easy win.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Go Canada Go!

Shut down Backstrom and it should be an easy win.

I'm not sure. If Bäckström fails to deliver, there's a few players left that can step it up a notch. Bergfors, Patrik Berglund and Patric Hörnqvist should be able to create some offense.

Of course we'd be vulnerable without a producing Bäckström though.

Art Vandelay

Jan 14, 2004
Stockholm
www.eliteprospects.com
I hope the game will be entertaining. Thats the only thing what I'm looking forward too, entertainment, because there is no way Sweden beats that team twice in one week. No way.

The canadians will win by at least a two goal margin. I predict 5-2 to Canada.
Your avatar, quite frankly i'm speechless. :)

As for the game, lets just say Bäckström has had a single point in the exhibition games, he's due.

Lalonde

Aug 20, 2004
I guess,the lines of Canada will look like this:

Marchand- Cogliano- Downie
Gagner –Toews- O'Marra
Pyatt -Little- Neal
Helm -Cliche- Bertram
McArdle

Letang-Bourdon
Parent-Staal
Russell-Franson
Alzner

Price-starter
Irving-backup

I predict 3-2 Canada .

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
Swedish lines will probably look like this:

Nicklas Bergfors - Nicklas Bäckström - Robin Lindqvist
Andreas Thuresson - Patrik Berglund - Martin Johansson
Fredrik Pettersson - Patrik Zackrisson - Alexander Sundström
Patrik Hörnqvist - Magnus Isaksson - Linus Omark
Andreas Molinder

Niklas Hjalmarsson - Daniel Rahimi
Jonas Junland - Jonas Ahnelöv
Alexander Ribbenstrand - Alexander Hellström
Patrik Nevalainen

----
One helluva waste to have Hörnqvist on the fourth line and have a player like Martin Johansson with Berglund on the second line. Martin is absolutely worthless in the offensive part of the game.. and has no finishing skills whatsoever. But Bendelin couldn´t care less about that. He wants 0-0 hockey like the quarterfinal last year... He has built this team on twowayplayers... It needs more offensively skilled forwards which we have. But those players werent even invited to the camp (Möller, Gynge, D. Axelsson).. and now also Wandell was cut as the last player, who has the ability to the unexpected in the offensive zone.

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
I agree with most of that, especially about Hörnquist. I want him playing alongside Berglund.

Well, if Sweden gets steam rolled today, maybe Bendelin will change his mind.

Helmethead

Jun 2, 2002
Port Cockerton
Visit site
5-1 Sweden. the home crowd will rally them and backstom and bergfors will light it up. theirs only 2 teams that scare me in this tourny USA and sweden.everyone else Canada should man handle.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Downie has to do a good job of throwing off Backstrom. He did it to Malkin last year and Malkin was invisible for the game.

Checker*

Downie has to do a good job of throwing off Backstrom. He did it to Malkin last year and Malkin was invisible for the game.

In order to do that, he'll have to focus on trying to refrain from taking 26 minutes of penalties.

I know it's difficult not to get penalized for over 20 minutes in a single game with these international refs and all.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
In order to do that, he'll have to focus on trying to refrain from taking 26 minutes of penalties.

I know it's difficult not to get penalized for over 20 minutes in a single game with these international refs and all.

Heh, yeah, imagine if there were only two player on each team who managed that. Then you'd have 20x20x2 PIM per game :banghead: :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad