Prospect Info: WJC 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
not to make anything of it since I don't know him at all but disappointed that Guhle is on the 3rd pairing behind a 3rd round pick from the same draft.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Gordin left off Russia's camp roster again, going cold these past few weeks didn't help matters but he was a long shot after not being on the roster for the Euro Tour. They only took 28 players i believe to this camp that starts next week.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
not to make anything of it since I don't know him at all but disappointed that Guhle is on the 3rd pairing behind a 3rd round pick from the same draft.

Probably just the initial 1st attempt at trying to find D pairing chemistry. Where did Bahl play last year cause I think Guhle will play a similar team role for Canada.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
If you only take these 2 periods so far....I player I didn't particular like in Barron makes it....and Guhle clearly doesn't make it.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It's going to be a hard camp to properly evaluate, with many guys not having played any league games yet and some with a few weeks of league play under they belts. How can you even compare players in those circumstances ?

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
It's going to be a hard camp to properly evaluate, with many guys not having played any league games yet and some with a few weeks of league play under they belts. How can you even compare players in those circumstances ?

you are going to look at the progression. My guess is coachs are not going to over analyze the first two scrimmages. But they will probably expect the players to improve and get their game together as we get closer to final cuts.

today is mostly to remove the rust.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Did you just watch the two "highlights" posted above? Because if you want highlights, someone did another kind of highlights!

Rust, long time not playing, etc. are definitely factors, but he definitely didn't have a solid scrimmage, for all it's worth.

Tools are way more important than how he looked in this scrimmage. That rush was a thing of beauty and something I didn’t know he had in him. Not only is he bigger and stronger now, but you can see the power translate to his skating.

Reactions: Acadien86

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Tools are way more important than how he looked in this scrimmage. That rush was a thing of beauty and something I didn’t know he had in him. Not only is he bigger and stronger now, but you can see the power translate to his skating.

...and that's where it ends for me, it's all that matters for now IMO. You see how Mete's skating made him a darling on HF? Seems like this edge in mobility is a hard feat to accomplish for OUR defensemen, if we look at the Bergevin era as a whole minus dumbass Beaulieu who could actually skate. Now this guy just threw on 10+, whatever pounds and skates like the wind - still today? Great news. The Bouchards and Richardsons of the organization will work on the rest. And we already know he can shoot the puck.

Tourigny likes him, his TOI may start low ish but may also climb significantly as games go by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad