Prospect Info: WJC 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
Not gonna read into this but feels like the entire third period they’ve been down and Guhle has been on the bench lol

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Guhle with an assist on the 1st team red goal. Nice wrist shot from the point that generated a rebound for Rees to score in an open net.

Edit: And on the very next shift, he was scored on after being overmatched on a rush from Tomasino and Zary to feed Dach in the slot.
It was a very nice play, but both Guhle and Barron could have played it better no doubt...

Reactions: Acadien86

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Starting to think O'Rourke makes it over Barron...

Barron is another Tinordi type. I've watched Barron enough to know his game. He's solid but not going to be a top 4D in the NHL. He skates with his head down a lot and I don't like his vision with puck moving. But he looks good to scouts cause he plays a solid game and he's a big boy that skates well and has a good shot. He would have to grow a lot from now till 23 in order to prove me wrong.

Don't know O'Rourke's game too much but not surprised to see comments like that over Barron

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Barron is another Tinordi type. I've watched Barron enough to know his game. He's solid but not going to be a top 4D in the NHL. He skates with his head down a lot and I don't like his vision with puck moving. But he looks good to scouts cause he plays a solid game and he's a big boy that skates well and has a good shot. He would have to grow a lot from now till 23 in order to prove me wrong.

Don't know O'Rourke's game too much but not surprised to see comments like that over Barron
Yep, that wasnt a great pick for the AVLs to say the least...

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
I have not got a chance to watch any of these warm up games. How does Guhle's skating look compared to the entire team? Mobility, gap closures, and ability to escape pressure?

Honestly, i’m no expert for these scrimmage games but he looked decent. Had a nice shot on net from the point which led to an assist, but didn’t really notice him too much out there. Got the assist then immediately scored on. Skating looks good though and so does his puck handling and he felt like one of the few physical dmen out there

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Honestly, i’m no expert for these scrimmage games but he looked decent. Had a nice shot on net from the point which led to an assist, but didn’t really notice him too much out there. Got the assist then immediately scored on. Skating looks good though and so does his puck handling and he felt like one of the few physical dmen out there

He has some experience on the international side of things with his U17's (3 assist in 6 games for Canada Red). I think he was the captain of that team as well. Thanks for replying what you have seen so far cause I have not gotten a chance to watch. I'm interested to see if he stands out in the eye test or is he another Juulsen or Brook type that fits in but not a go to guy by the coach.

When I get a chance to see him, first thing I will watch for is his mobility and gap closures. Play without the puck. Then I will look at his play with the puck. Two completely different approaches and usually, the play with the puck is what people notice. I'm curious to see if he is a grade A prospect or grade B heading into his draft +1. I got to see him in limited minutes at the Memorial cup in Halifax but because he was age 16, he only stood out to me cause of his size.

Guhle will be 19 on Jan 18th so it's not like he gets two cracks at the WJC (U20's). Was this guy close to making the team last year? Trying to establish a reasonable level of expectations

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Byfield is so bad, what a surprise.

:sarcasm:

Can't tell if your are being sarcastic on the surprise he is bad or just cause he is bad? :laugh:. Honestly, I was not a big fan of his game. I think his size/skating makes him stand out in junior hockey.

How does he really look?

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Can't tell if your are being sarcastic on the surprise he is bad or just cause he is bad? :laugh:. Honestly, I was not a big fan of his game. I think his size/skating makes him stand out in junior hockey.

How does he really look?

Sarcastic as in, I'm not surprised.

He's not good in these events, not sure what it means for him in the NHL, but at this point, he projects to be underwhelming.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Guhle with an assist on the 1st team red goal. Nice wrist shot from the point that generated a rebound for Rees to score in an open net.

Edit: And on the very next shift, he was scored on after being overmatched on a rush from Tomasino and Zary to feed Dach in the slot.
From what I've seen so far, I don't think he makes the team.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
From what I've seen so far, I don't think he makes the team.

He didn't look great but that's to be expected as everyone is rusty and was mostly paired against the top line (Dach, Zary and Tomasino) who were lights out. They scored 3 goals and Guhle was on for one of them (as far as I remember). You can tell the raw tools and physicality are there. Taking into consideration that he will be available for next year's tourney and that they can bring more players than usual, I think he has a good chance of making it.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Haven't seen it here or in the COVID thread, so:

“Hockey Canada confirmed earlier today that two players at Canada’s National Junior Team Sport Chek Selection Camp have tested positive for COVID-19, and have been placed in quarantine at the team hotel in Red Deer.
Upon learning of the positive test this morning, the decision was made to postpone the Red-White game scheduled for this morning at the Westerner Park Centrium, and to suspend all camp activities for today. As per Hockey Canada’s safety protocols, all players, coaches and staff members took mandatory COVID-19 tests upon arrival at camp and have continued to be tested regularly throughout the past ten days. For precautionary reasons, we will also ensure that all players and team personnel go through an additional test before resuming camp activities. The appropriate local and provincial health authorities have been made aware of the situation, and we will continue to work closely with Alberta Health Services. We will have no further comment at this time.”

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sarcastic as in, I'm not surprised.

He's not good in these events, not sure what it means for him in the NHL, but at this point, he projects to be underwhelming.

K, that's what I figured. I'm in the same boat... I was not that high on Byfield. He's good but a legit top 5 pick? Not so sure about that.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

No Struble.
Being injured for every team USA camp didn't help... Might still be injured right now as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad