Prospect Info: With the #24 pick, the Wild select (D) Filip Johansson (Allsvenskan, Leksands IF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Shocking that you couldn't put it together

Do you know who Jack Summers is?

You’re not smart enough to be as condescending as you usually are. Give it a rest.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
When was Summers taken in the 1st round?

He wasn’t. He’s a nobody to you because he’s too far below the scope you set for players you know about. You have a certain scope of players on your radar. So does the GM of Sweden’s national team. He’s concerned with the absolute best players Sweden has. First round or not, FJo is nowhere near that level. So why would FJo be on his radar? Fans that post on message boards like this are far more likely to know the smaller names than GMs of national teams.

Your analogy of “I know Bode Wilde so that guy should know Filip Johansson” makes 0 sense. It’s a bad analogy.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
It will be interesting to see if Fenton tried to bring fjo to Iowa next year or let him play in the SHL

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It will be interesting to see if Fenton tried to bring fjo to Iowa next year or let him play in the SHL
Hell, he'll let him play in SHL and develop on someone else's dime. It's a good league, and he'll probably be better off maturing over there. We forget how young these guys are. I just hope he can hack the SHL and doesn't get sent down.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
boo i dont have a membership. anything good in the article?
Not a ton. He's aware of the criticism he's gotten from Wild fans as a potentially poor pick and he's felt the pressure of living up to his draft position. Didn't feel like he was able to improve much offensively this year.

The more optimistic parts are:
1.) Leksands fired their coach and GM* mid-way through the year and Johansson thought his individual play and the entire team's play was better after that happened.
2.) They'll be playing in the SHL next year instead of the Allsvenskan

*The new GM is Simon Johansson's dad, Tomas

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Not a ton. He's aware of the criticism he's gotten from Wild fans as a potentially poor pick and he's felt the pressure of living up to his draft position. Didn't feel like he was able to improve much offensively this year.

1.) Leksands fired their coach and GM* mid-way through the year and Johansson thought his individual play and the entire team's play was better after that happened.

i did see they got moved up to SHL so thats a positive. Interesting to have SJs dad as new GM. I was curious why he was at the draft if he was projected so low? is NHL draft nothing like NFL draft where they invite top prospects for day 1?

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i'll repeat its not FJ1's fault he was drafted so high so i don't blame him. call it a gut feeling but i don't see him better than a 3rd pair D and we wasted a 1st on him. im sure wild mgmt will give him every op to prove me wrong. i actually have higher hopes for SJ2!

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN

Well, that last part is awkward. Is Simon going to be joining Leksands?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Well, that last part is awkward. Is Simon going to be joining Leksands?
Apparently he and Simon have become pretty good friends since they met at development camp in Minnesota, so it seems like Filip's pretty happy with the situation.

I assume Simon's staying put, though.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
i'll repeat its not FJ1's fault he was drafted so high so i don't blame him. call it a gut feeling but i don't see him better than a 3rd pair D and we wasted a 1st on him. im sure wild mgmt will give him every op to prove me wrong. i actually have higher hopes for SJ2!
After seeing him at Dev camp, i truelly see him as a right handed brodin. wont blow you away with offense but can be a solid shut down dman.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
No, you're right. GM's prefer to use their 1st rounders on shut down defenders. My bad.

The further you get in the first round, the less choosy you get to be. If you can get a really good defensive defenseman at #23, that isn't a loss. Might not be a tremendous gain, but it isn't a loss.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
What are we talking about? You spend a #240a for a top 4, shutdown defender al day long, IF THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE TEAM NEEDS. You sure as hell don't if you need a C, and you don't have any top 6C's under the age of 35.

Reactions: DumbaTrain

Wabit

May 23, 2016
i did see they got moved up to SHL so thats a positive. Interesting to have SJs dad as new GM. I was curious why he was at the draft if he was projected so low? is NHL draft nothing like NFL draft where they invite top prospects for day 1?

The NHL draft has guys from all rounds show up. It's an occasion for all of the players getting drafted. Plus hockey being a world wide game so it can be a family vacation (maybe the last) for the players and their families.

It's kind of similar to a college graduation ceremony. There is a lot of sitting around waiting for that brief moment when you (or the person you're there for) gets the walk across the stage, the diploma (team jersey at the draft), a handshake, and a picture.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
The NHL draft has guys from all rounds show up. It's an occasion for all of the players getting drafted. Plus hockey being a world wide game so it can be a family vacation (maybe the last) for the players and their families.

It's kind of similar to a college graduation ceremony. There is a lot of sitting around waiting for that brief moment when you (or the person you're there for) gets the walk across the stage, the diploma (team jersey at the draft), a handshake, and a picture.
gotcha. i kind of assumed it was a show up if you want to type deal but wasnt sure if it was an invite only type deal or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad