Prospect Info: With the #24 pick, the Wild select (D) Filip Johansson (Allsvenskan, Leksands IF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
filip-j-800x440.jpg

Filip Johansson at eliteprospects.com

Scouting Report

Filip Johansson Scouting Report: 2018 NHL Draft #60 - Last Word on Hockey

Last edited by a moderator:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
This one's gonna haunt Fenton for a while. You have a 1C and a dynamic scoring RW on the board and you draft a right handed Brodin.

f*** off. Really.

He wasn't even projected to go anywhere near the first round.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
How much do you think this was Flahr's pick? Seems like the prototypical Wild pick.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
Wow.
I dont know anything about these kids however, throwing a pick for a late 2nd or 3rd round pick when there is stil "projected" high end talent out there..

And this is his first move as a GM!?

giphy.gif

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
Let's hire a GM from a team that drafts players from a position we're already strong at. Great idea...

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Let's hire a GM from a team that drafts players from a position we're already strong at. Great idea...

I mean this was the argument I made against Fenton. Cut fromthe same cloth as everyone else Minnesota has. Leipold is a terrible owner.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

RD really isn't a strong position for depth. Prosser had to come off waivers and save the bottom pair. Belpedio might be something, after that it's pretty barren. Spurgeon only has 2 years left on his contract. So positionaly it's not a bad pick. Just a really odd choice for the draft position, when there were higher ranked players still sitting waiting to be picked.

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
RD really isn't a strong position for depth. Prosser had to come off waivers and save the bottom pair. Belpedio might be something, after that it's pretty barren. Spurgeon only has 2 years left on his contract. So positionaly it's not a bad pick. Just a really odd choice for the draft position, when there were higher ranked players still sitting waiting to be picked.
Always pick BPA. I don't care what position we have needs for

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
TBH the last defenseman we had that was like Braun was Scandella. If this kid can turn into a solid #4/5 guy who puts up 30-35pts and clears the crease while playing Brodinlite D that seems fine to me.

It's still a god f***ing awful pick.

This guy ACTUALLY better turn into Lidstrom. Not like Brodin who kinda played like Lidstrom and had some upside. This guy had better be the reincarnation of Niklas Lidstrom.

Terrible pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad