Prospect Info: With the #24 pick, the Wild select (D) Filip Johansson (Allsvenskan, Leksands IF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Honestly I was hoping for 1) Veleno or 2) Kupari to make it to 24. O’Brien wasn’t even on the radar.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Honestly I was hoping for 1) Veleno or 2) Kupari to make it to 24. O’Brien wasn’t even on the radar.

Veleno, Bokk, hell even Wilde or Woo were on my radar. Sandin wasn't, but apparently he had one of the best seasons in the AHL ever.

Twoods1623

Jun 27, 2016
North Shore
I feel bad for the guy. I'm glad there's some positive things being said about him. I can't wait to watch him and the rest of the prospects Friday.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I feel bad for the guy. I'm glad there's some positive things being said about him. I can't wait to watch him and the rest of the prospects Friday.
I was about to say the same thing. Gotta be tough for a kid to get all the criticism like that. I hope he looks good in camp.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
haters is such a harsh term for people like me who think it was a bad pick. i don't blame the player at all just mgmt. for going off the board. if he was picked in the 3rd rnd or maybe even late 2nd i wouldn't care. i hope he turns things around and does well. i hope anyone wearing a wild uniform is successful except maybe cooke , i couldn't stand him.

Reactions: BlackBusa24

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
haters is such a harsh term for people like me who think it was a bad pick. i don't blame the player at all just mgmt. for going off the board. if he was picked in the 3rd rnd or maybe even late 2nd i wouldn't care. i hope he turns things around and does well. i hope anyone wearing a wild uniform is successful except maybe cooke , i couldn't stand him.
Nothing wrong with that, and at least with HFBoards a player would really have to go out of their way to seek out info on themselves. It's a lot easier on Twitter though, and people tend to get unnecessarily vicious. It's a shame it went like that for him, but learning to tune that garbage out is probably a good thing.

I hope the whole situation is better for him next year: a new league, a new coach, and a new GM will hopefully add up to a fresh start. Hopefully Bombadir was being honest with his comments about Johansson's passing, because if he's got the tools you'd think he'd put it all together in time.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Nothing wrong with that, and at least with HFBoards a player would really have to go out of their way to seek out info on themselves. It's a lot easier on Twitter though, and people tend to get unnecessarily vicious. It's a shame it went like that for him, but learning to tune that garbage out is probably a good thing.

I hope the whole situation is better for him next year: a new league, a new coach, and a new GM will hopefully add up to a fresh start. Hopefully Bombadir was being honest with his comments about Johansson's passing, because if he's got the tools you'd think he'd put it all together in time.
Right, totally fair to hate the draft pick as opposed to the player. Sadly social media is a cruel, cruel world.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
If all you think is it was a bad pick, then he wasn't calling you a hater. he was referring to the people mentioning him on twitter probably bad mouthing him and his play which would be considered a hater.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Is it so tough to stay off Twitter? There are thousands of kids who wish they were in FJo's position...he needs to use the criticism to motivate himself.

Let's not mix up the person with the player, and in any event, most of the "hate" was of Fenton/Wild for picking him at that position when it appeared that there were better options available.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Is it so tough to stay off Twitter? There are thousands of kids who wish they were in FJo's position...he needs to use the criticism to motivate himself.

Let's not mix up the person with the player, and in any event, most of the "hate" was of Fenton/Wild for picking him at that position when it appeared that there were better options available.
For a kid that was born this side of the year 2000? Probably.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I don’t think haters is the right term. Everyone on this board cheering for him to be successful. We are hating on Fenton,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad