Wishlist

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
Also in Be a GM, it is incredibly odd to have 20 year old players going 1st overall. Those players would either have gone two years before high up or in the 4th/5th rounds IRL.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
It'd also be nice if the teams didn't just draft players straight from the ranking. Some reaches or sliders would be a welcome addition. Also, the fact that most teams are willing to trade guys they just drafted almost right away is ridiculous.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Oh and clean up the interface, especially in Be A GM. Why do I have to go to so many different screens to do things with my roster when only 2 buttons are ever used on any given screen? I could literally play Be A GM on an old NES controller ffs.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
In be a GM it seems every time the same players are always busts and the same always end up great. It should be randomized, but higher potential have better odds.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
In be a GM it seems every time the same players are always busts and the same always end up great. It should be randomized, but higher potential have better odds.

Ever wonder why that is?

Most of the time, it's more than just coincidence.

Cory Schneider for example - doesn't normally develop because he's stuck behind Luongo for most of the first 2 years (before he white-stars).

Any Pittsburgh Penguins forward prospect - same thing.

There are a handful of other prospects that suffer from the same issues, and 99% of the time it's more than just coincidence - has a lot to do with organizational depth.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Ever wonder why that is?

Most of the time, it's more than just coincidence.

Cory Schneider for example - doesn't normally develop because he's stuck behind Luongo for most of the first 2 years (before he white-stars).

Any Pittsburgh Penguins forward prospect - same thing.

There are a handful of other prospects that suffer from the same issues, and 99% of the time it's more than just coincidence - has a lot to do with organizational depth.

I find it is the same with random rosters…

sdude5

Jun 16, 2011
They should add the function to chose what ur starting season is so that your be a gm could start at the 2013 nhl entry draft.

phillycheesesteak

Jun 27, 2013
Really want them to work harder on the drafting. NO reason Mackinnon/Jones shouldnt be in their 70s in the first year, then go to like a 81, 83, 84 and be stuck at 84-86 for a bit. Also if a team is playing a back to back after a long OT/SO game that was really physical they should get tired faster the next game resulting in bottom 6 healthy scratches, and bottom 6 players stepping up.

ficohok*

With Kovalchuk gone to KHL hopefully they will include the league for next-gen version ('15).

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
I wish they would put some sort of expectations like they have in BAP for BAGM. It would be much better if they quantified the growth, so for players who haven't grey starred, you could look and see if they are meeting expectations. If they are exceeding them, they'll grow at a higher rate. The expectations could be based on the stats for the previous year by a comparable player (near same overall I guess). I don't know.. just throwing ideas out here because it seems player growth is just completely random.

Saintpatrick*

Revamp the scouting system. Its so frustrating to send your scout someplace, have him stay there for a month and visit everyone three times except the player you are interested in (who doesn't get any visits at all). How about some options there where you can focus on one player you're interested in or a blanket scouting trip for those who don't like to micro manage. The scouting system as is blows because you can park your scout in the WHL for two months and never scout the player you want to scout but the player projected to go in the 7th round gets alot of attention though. This flawed system as been in place now for 3 years its time for a change.

Saintpatrick*

I want massive improvements to junior and Be a GM.

-Memorial Cup
-ability to see junior stats (in Be a GM)
-ability to see international league's stats (in Be a GM)
-no more 78 overall D-men later in the game asking for $6m+
-more late round steals (rarely find a guy past round 3/4 that becomes relevant later on)
-and many more, don't feel like listing all of them right now

EDIT: also, MUCH better scouting system needed, along with easier to navigate scouting menus

Yes to all:handclap::yo:

phillycheesesteak

Jun 27, 2013
They should really just look at Madden. Madden figured out the days that football fans love the most (when there are no games). Make the draft way better, like have scouting reports and mckenzie tweets in the back and a more detailed interface. <---- things Madden has. Have NTC/NMC and limited clauses, making it harder to get franchise players. Fix the value system. An 19 year old 2nd round pick should not have more value than Martin St. Louis. Use the cap as a % based system. Like if Stamkos is a free agent he would want 9 million on the open market when the cap is at 65, so he should want like 12 million if it is at 75. Also player tendencies are really bad. If you are going on a 1-1 against a big hitting D, he should try to...hit you, and not just angle you off towards the boards.

FrenchTickler

Jun 11, 2013
Quebec City
My requests:

-Put in the KHL or at least a fictional Russian League of some sort and add the NCAA and USHL and just as many leagues as possible. :laugh:

-More goalie masks options cause the ones in the game never fit my custom jerseys.

-More logos, or option to put in your own logo in the game cause I'm tired of having the same boring logos when I create a Team.

I want a Dynasty Mode that includes:

-A better potential system (I liked the letters better than the stars because you could actually pick up a few late round gems whereas in NHL 13, past the 3rd round every player is garbage at 50 OVR 2* potential.

-More NHL ready prospects, I've seen about 4 in my 7 years of Be A GM when we all know that about 2-3 make the jump each year.

-Be able to see junior player stats and once they're in the NHL I want to be able to see the stats of their whole career (including juniors) and not only the last 4 years in the NHL/AHL.

-Have the option to send Euro players back to their Euro teams because sometimes there isn't room on my AHL team for them to play and it hurts their development.

-Option to create a league from start to finish and have lots of customization options and not be stuck with the divisions they give you. I could make a league consisting of 20 North American Teams and 20 European Teams. Then I could set the number of games, the play-off format and all that stuff. (I know this one is highly unlikely but it would be so much fun to create a huge worldwide league.)

-Be able to make a GM Mode using any league, it would be very interesting to do a Swedish Elite League GM Mode.

-Manage everything about your organization such as customizing the rink, adding more seats, relocating to a newer facility or changing cities if the team is not doing well financially. (I remember in NHL 2004 or something you could custimize the rink and manage the finances, why they take it away? At least make it an option to take care of those)

-Be able to select which attributes you want your players to improve on like you could previously do because in NHL 13 the players change overalls on a completely random basis. This way my Power Forwards and Defensive Defenseman could actually improve a little bit more cause in NHL 13 it seems the only way for your players to improve is for them to get lots of points and right now it is almost impossible for a stay-at-home defenseman to hit 90 OVR.

-A fixed waiver system that doesn't let star players go away.

-Players are asking for way too much money in the later years of the mode and its annoying to sign a 3rd line player a 5M per year...

-Less injuries, I want some once in a while but there are so many that I simply turn off the injuries.

I probably have a bunch of other ideas but it's all I could think of for the moment. :handclap:

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I really like the idea of being able to select a specific attribute on a player to improve in Be a GM.

I can't tell you how many centers I have had to play on the wing, because either their face off category, defensive awareness, or both, reallly, reallly sucked and it was hurting my team.

ALSO - Wishlist for NHL 14 Be a GM;

1 - Be able to find out how much money a pending UFA expects BEFORE he becomes a free agent.

For example - if you are Toronto, and Phil Kessel is a pending UFA, it would be cool to know how much money he is expecting in the off-season BEFORE you reach July. That way, you can decide whether you want to keep him, or move him.

There have been a ton of occasions where a scrub third liner is up for renewal, and if I go to re-new him he wants stupid money like $5 million a year. If I knew before hand, I would have traded him the season before (at the deadline, maybe?) and recuperated some assets for him rather than waiting, finding out he wants stupid money, and then releasing him to free agency and losing him for nothing.

Oilers Apologist

Jun 28, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Tired of seeing junior players that are ranked in the 40's and 50's. Realistically a lot of them would be able to make the jump to the AHL right now. Rankings need to be closer. Also guys like McDavid should have a 80 or so rating when drafted.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
If NHL 14's dynasty mode is half as detailed as EHM, then I'll be satisfied.

glxss

Mar 4, 2013
I would like players coming of an ELC to accept 4-5+ years and not 2 or 3 year deals.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
In be a pro, I would like a euro league where you can develop before coming to the nhl. Mainly to mix it up with big ice.

Sureshot

Thumbs up, soldier!
Apr 7, 2009
My wishlist (too late for 14 really - perhaps next-gen):

Overhaul the menus. Being primarily a HUT player, the UI is clunky, sluggish and takes an unnecessary amount of navigation to perform even basic actions.

Overhaul the HUT auction house. The way it is currently is just a frustrating experience overall. Some key issues:
---> Again, the UI is clunky and takes a long time to navigate around.
---> Search filters need to allow for a greater level of customization. Should I really need to press R1 for days in order to get to the 3-day auctions? And why isn't there a free-form search so I can - you know - perform a basic function such as search by player name?
---> Searching 'black holes' need to be fixed. There are some items that you literally cannot search for by filter, so have to resort to trudging through massive unfiltered or only slightly relevant lists to find things.
---> Another 'black hole' of sorts is in the HUT companion app, by way of a laughable implementation for searching for prices. The problem is that you can't type the number in; instead there are 2 wheels. On one wheel you have 0 (thousand), 5, 10, etc., and on the second wheel it goes from 000 to 900. Do you see the problem yet? There is literally no way to search vast ranges of numbers! For example, you can search for something with a min/max/whatever price of 900, but you can't search anything from 1000-4900. This issue has never been fixed, almost a year after the game has been out.
---> Let us use the HUT AH on PC.
---> Let me more easily view my collection when I'm searching for items, instead of having to back all the way out and navigating the monstrosity that is My Collection.
---> Do more to make other leagues/prospects more relevant in HUT. Right now, they are only good for a meager few tournaments. Maybe have a mode where players develop somehow? Maybe coinciding with overhauling the card-boost system?

General HUT
---> Make the trading cards more like trading cards. Show the back view of them somewhere that offers some trivia/info, make some more interesting unique varieties, etc.
---> Do some kind of web-based HUT profile that you can show others, with interesting stats and so on. Show HUT leaderboards on said site.

In-game Changes:
---> Put back the 'x/y' check box UI so slow people in online games know you're waiting to push past watching the pre-rendered cut-scenes for the ten-thousandth time. Perhaps display a giant message in red letters too.
---> Allow me to select the region to match with people in, and/or decline games from people who have internet connections made from a piece of string.
---> Optimize the game engine. When I first got NHL 13, I decided I was going to change things up this year by playing with broadcast camera. This turned out to be a massive, laggy mistake. Ice/Classic is ok, but continue looking at ways to optimize reaction to player input. Perhaps revamp the online netcode while you're at it, as things get worse online.
---> Strike a deal with the KHL and get them back in the game. Include some other world leagues too.
---> Create more interesting achievements.

Misc
---> Fix the crashes. My game still crashes on a relatively frequent basis, usually in the HUT menus.

I'll edit when I come up with more.

Edit: How could I forget - get new commentators.

Last edited:

Sureshot

Thumbs up, soldier!
Apr 7, 2009
As others have said, 14 needs better music. I enjoyed 12 but 13's music was terrible.

What would be cool would be allowing you to choose a previous entry's music. They could even charge for it in DLC, but you could purchase it and use the music list from, say NHL 2003, in NHL 14.
Absolutely. The music selection is so bad/irritating this year I turned it off. That hasn't happened in any NHL game previously for me.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I agree on the music. I went back and played NHL 12 a couple days ago, and I was like, "Wow, this music is actually really damn good". Whereas in 13, I couldn't stand any of it and put tons of custom music in the game.

Thesensation19*

I was pumped for NHL 13 but when I got it, it was seriously disappointing.

For starters, the whole skating engine was horrible I feel. Some guys understood what I meant, others said I was crazy.

I just felt like it was not real. Transitioning in this game, and stopping and going were terrible. Often making my players appear like they were running in sand or mud. Simply because of this it made the whole game playing experience slower, unrealistic in a way and thus boring.

Am I the only one who thinks like this on here?

Ive been playing NHL EA sport all my life, just now I am experiencing this bad skating. All the other years had its issues with individual speed, unrealistic defensive back skating and what not but that I could live with. This was horrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad