Wishlist

Oilers4life1987

Oct 20, 2010
- Contract extensions during the season
- Better drafting system, it would be awesome if you could scout 1 player specifically and see what he needs to improve and what his strenghs are. For example, I want to scout Sean Monahan of the 67's so my scouting staff would provide me with a scouting report on him. I like that they divided it into six categories but a bit of info on him would be great. So let's say... great 2way centreman, amazing poise with the puck, solid in all three zones. accurrate shot. Something like that.
- Obviously true performance skating is awesome but I'm sure it can only get better.
- Custom goalie masks. Allow us to edit the masks by moving the logo, names on the chin area sort of like Price or Kipper, changing the colors,etc. You get the point.
- WJC for be a pro, Im not sure if it's a licensing thing or not but it would be sick.
- Hitting engine needs fixing.
- Keep track of your prospects stats while in junior to see if the are developing nicely. For example, high 1st rounder not living up to expectations. Obviously, it would allow to know if he's worth a ELC or let him re-enter the draft.

Thats all I have for now

Last edited by a moderator:

King 88

Mar 5, 2010
- Contract extensions during the season
Yes please and able to buyout players.

cbenini87

Jan 25, 2012
The biggest one is access to a fantasy draft for GM connected. That is a no brainer. GM connected has been a hit, all they need to do is add a fantasy draft, hopefully they don't go too in depth where you are scouting prospects and things like that because that's where I lose interest in it. I also want to see them add an option for a shorter season, options for 28 game seasons or 42 game season. Not everyone has enough time on their hands to play a 82 game season.

The goalies also need to be better. It's great they get across better on the one-timers but the angles they take are awful, you can score short side at will.

Oilers4life1987

Oct 20, 2010
I think he meant during the year. I still want better scouting. Able to adjust the amount of games goalies play.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
There's a reason contract extensions aren't during the year. It's to make the game harder. However, it would be nice if you get a message regarding a select few players, for example, iggy asked for an extension mid year but someone like cammalleri wants to talk at end of season. Just seems logical as iggy is a vet and a long time flame.

Oilers4life1987

Oct 20, 2010
Ok guys,

I finally found an example of something I'd love to see in the scouting department for NHL14. I love the star potential and the player role but some information like this would be awesome

Sean Monahan - C - Ottawa 67s (OHL) - 6-2, 186
4.5 Start potential,
Player role: 1/2nd line centerman
ETA for NHL: 1/2 years
NHL Draft projection: 3/4 overall
Scouting report:
- A tremendous skater and all-around forward, Monahan can do a little bit of everything and do it well.
- He plays a responsible game in all zones and has enough offensive pop to project as a top-six centerman.
- Has a NHL shot and accuracy to go along with it.
- Good on the dot
- Great poise with the puck
Let me know what you think.

Last edited:

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Ok guys,

I finally found an example of something I'd love to see in the scouting department for NHL14. I love the star potential and the player role but some information like this would be awesome

4.5 Start potential,
Scouting report:
- A tremendous skater and all-around forward, Monahan can do a little bit of everything and do it well.
- He plays a responsible game in all zones and has enough offensive pop to project as a top-six centerman.
- Good on the dot

Great idea but unfortunately far too much effort for EA

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
Ok guys,

4.5 Start potential,
Scouting report:
- Good on the dot

And maybe like 90% they pan out. For a 7th round pick maybe 90% they don't pan out. Something like that

Xia

Mar 9, 2011
Toronto
- New hitting engine
- New penalties system
- Real crowd atmosphere
- World Junior Championship
- Classic teams

teemuselanne

Feb 21, 2011
Ottawa
WJC, way more cellys, drafting CPU's and being able to improve them as your club gets achievements for EASHL are just some I can think of now. Get some professionals to do the player rankings because these ones are some of the most embarrassing I've ever seen. Prospects also need to be better in general.

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
Ok guys,

4.5 Start potential,
Scouting report:
- Good on the dot
That reminds me oh so much of NHL 2k5. Oh wait.. It was in nhl 2k5, nearly exactly to what you said regarding the scouting report, except in NHL 2k5 it was pros and cons.
Anyway, what I really wish for is the old fighting engine from the older (late 90's to early 2000's) to be reintroduced. I really liked the fighting engines from both NHL 2000 and NHL 2004. Plus, I feel that the fight limit has to go for offline modes. If I want to brawl offline, bloody let me.

Hitting:

Personally, I enjoyed the hitting from the old NHL's and even NHL 11. While there are hits in NHL 13 that make me smile, some of the hits I've tried just feel like EA put in a noob protection feature to prevent a certain hit from happening. For example, if I have Chara and I try to hit 5'8 John McNobody (who doesn't have the puck), then McNobody should have a bigger reaction than just a shove. Second, (And this one is because I play dirty hockey) Autopinning against the boards instead of a full on hit. Why? If I want to take Matt Cooke (or Brooks Orpik) and destroy Luke Schenn who has his back turned, whether or not he has himself pinned, let me. Christ. I'm sick of the little shoves and "protection" measures. I play like a goon, I know I'm risking a penalty, I accept that fact now let me hit the guy. If I want to pin the guy I'll press the Y button and pin him.

More to come in my rant as I see fit.

Last edited:

Leafs For Life*

Shorter seasons avail in GMC, Better scouting. And less of the cpu poking your pass 2 on 1 EVERY time.

An idea for scouting that I got was that on each day, you had 5 scouts and you send those 5 scouts to 5 different games to scout ex Gens, Remparts, Colts, MooseJaw, Oil Kings have 5 guys you want to scout, so you send them to their game.

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
I really wish they could put in a proper all-star weekend.. with an actual skills competition and breakaway challenge. They could just take the fantasy draft part of GM mode and use it for the AS game, with maybe the top 50 players in that season.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Integrate the Kinect throughout the game like Madden does, and even take it up a few notches. A few examples:

- In-game adjustments: "Change forwards. Line one." "Forecheck pressure. Aggressive." "Pull goalie." Etc, etc.

- Roster adjustments. It drives me insane to have to scroll up and down, scratch/dress, replace players on special teams, etc. "Edit Roster. NHL. Line one. Nash, Richards, Callahan."

Plenty of other ideas for it, but those are two basic ones.

Other ideas:
- Allow me to insult the 'GM brain' when it sends asinine trade offers, or, at the very least, allow me to specify which players I'm not interested in.
- Hire/Fire coaches and scouts. The "Level" system of the amateur scout and assistant coach is poorly thought out. Give me a budget and let me hire top scouts when I'm rebuilding, as well as find a coach who excels in player development.
- When starting via fantasy draft, allow me to specify whether I'm in a rebuilding state or a cup-pursuit state.
- AI is still embarrassing in most aspects of the game. Assistant coach sets awful lines. CPU players are Pejorative Slured. 'GM Brain' is clearly based on the HFBoards trade board.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
They really needs to fix penalties. In EASHL you'll get interference calls for the smallest taps on the back, and you constantly get crushed when you don't have the puck; no call.

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
Integrate the Kinect throughout the game like Madden does, and even take it up a few notches. A few examples:

- In-game adjustments: "Change forwards. Line one." "Forecheck pressure. Aggressive." "Pull goalie." Etc, etc.

- Roster adjustments. It drives me insane to have to scroll up and down, scratch/dress, replace players on special teams, etc. "Edit Roster. NHL. Line one. Nash, Richards, Callahan."

Plenty of other ideas for it, but those are two basic ones.

Other ideas:
- Allow me to insult the 'GM brain' when it sends asinine trade offers, or, at the very least, allow me to specify which players I'm not interested in.
- Hire/Fire coaches and scouts. The "Level" system of the amateur scout and assistant coach is poorly thought out. Give me a budget and let me hire top scouts when I'm rebuilding, as well as find a coach who excels in player development.
- When starting via fantasy draft, allow me to specify whether I'm in a rebuilding state or a cup-pursuit state.
- AI is still embarrassing in most aspects of the game. Assistant coach sets awful lines. CPU players are Pejorative Slured. 'GM Brain' is clearly based on the HFBoards trade board.

I can think of another good feature for the Kinect. Getting an unsportmanlike penalty for stating that "That call was ******** ref!" or the like. I would find that hilarious. Kinect voice recognition.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I can think of another good feature for the Kinect. Getting an unsportmanlike penalty for stating that "That call was ******** ref!" or the like. I would find that hilarious. Kinect voice recognition.

Lol that would be epic.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Fix the freaking load times. It shouldn't take 45 seconds to sim a single day!

I'm assuming you're on PS3, on Xbox the simulation times feel the same as last year. Or maybe it's just because I have the game installed, which apparently improve load times.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Ok guys,

4.5 Start potential,
Scouting report:
- Good on the dot

They show the last half with the stats, if he's good in faceoffs or shooting, it's shown? Why add the actual report when it's right there, same with the 1st/2nd line center. The 4.5 star rating indicates that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad