Wishlist

Thesensation19*

Now I just stick to FIFA but always try to give NHL a try again.

FIFA just seems to have there **** together. One of the best updated rosters. It really stinks to have to wait a few months for updated rosters in NHL. I heard they did a better job in 13 but I barely play anymore. I liked that they made it available to play with NHL guys in European teams, but that was like the last month of the lockout lol. I would like to be able to call up guys during an online or quick play.

Kreider was not on the Rangers roster but if i am controlling the team I would like to move him from the Whale to the Rangers with a simple transition pre game. Other wise I had to wait an extra month, more, to see him finally wear the Rangers jersey once he became a starter.

Thesensation19*

FIFA allows you to shoot on a goalie during loading. Why doesnt NHL do this?

Before NHL could do this, FIFA has already allowed players to do different practice modes now too. We are so behind.

I was really pumped to hear they brought back NHL 94. BUT THEN i heard they are just evolving the once loved game we had and making it todays engine style. Ugh, I miss the 94 game.

Those legends teams I hate. Why not just make the best Eastern team of all time, the best Western team of all time rather than legends team blue and white and adding current superstars.

The national team rosters annoy me too. Still stuck with the roster from 4 years ago. FIFA allows us to choose a list of players and make a team.

The whole roster changes and starter changes are so much simpler too. Quick buttons and changes. NHL I find annoying to change lines.

European teams are a bit underrated. Could def use better overalls. I remember when Zuccarello first entered the NHL, he was rated a really low and he was extremely slow. It was unrealistic.

I wnat KHL teams back already. No Kovalchuk is gonna ****

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
In Be A Gm fantasy draft mode you can just go into FA after the draft, sign tons of high potential young guys and flip them for 1st very easily. I signed tons of high potential guys and traded Rattie and Laughton for 2 1sts.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Bring back the button to make players skate fast rather than just pushing the stick up/down/left/right all the way. I always push the stick all the way and as a result my players are going faster than they need. You can use vision control to slow them down but it's counter-intuitive. The FIFA series and NBA ones have not abandoned run faster by pressing a stick so why has the NHL one done this?

One touch dekes like pressing one button or two to do a spin o rama rather than having to manipulate the right stick. I deke more when I play NHL 2004 just by pressing a button than I do in this game

Customizable tournament/season where I can combine any league/teams for X number of games and whichever playoff format I choose.

Online roster editor

Make HUT more like the FIFA one. It's a pain in the butt to change lines/swap players on this (I play NHL 12 not 13).

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
Ever wonder why that is?

Most of the time, it's more than just coincidence.

Cory Schneider for example - doesn't normally develop because he's stuck behind Luongo for most of the first 2 years (before he white-stars).

Any Pittsburgh Penguins forward prospect - same thing.

There are a handful of other prospects that suffer from the same issues, and 99% of the time it's more than just coincidence - has a lot to do with organizational depth.

That's what EA makes you think is happening, but it has no effect on the players. Yakupov(in the first month, without roster updates) took 4 years to reach anywhere close to 80 overall, playing on the 1st line. Go figure.

Dutchy09*

Does anyone know if they're making any changes to creating teams/jerseys? I'd really like to see an option to make your own set of new jerseys for whatever team you want. For example the Avs have horrible jerseys, and I'd love to be able to make my own and play as the Avs with those jerseys.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
That's what EA makes you think is happening, but it has no effect on the players. Yakupov(in the first month, without roster updates) took 4 years to reach anywhere close to 80 overall, playing on the 1st line. Go figure.

That's because he was terrible in the default roster.

There's a guy doing an Oilers dynasty right now (JaredCowenFan) in the GM thread - his Yakupov isn't struggling to get to a high overall..

Last edited:

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I would like to see the option in GM mode to choose how many games in the season so instead of 82 you can also play 48 or 24 or customise

I fail to see how this would benefit anybody or be a unique feature. If you want to have a shorter season to speed up the simulation, then that makes sense.

I think the underlying issue that needs to be addressed - the simulation speed.

It shouldn't take half an hour to simulate through an entire season.

Last edited:

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
Expansion teams , with a draft
Relocating
Be a owner mode ( selling teams, buying new teams, upgrade arena, building new areans, ticket prices, vendors, having final say on trades, not getting to do the actual trades but they are presented to you, get to tell the gm to spend a lot, can still play games, get to hire new coach, gm, asst gm )

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I think the underlying issue that needs to be addressed - the simulation speed.

It shouldn't take half an hour to simulate through an entire season.

I can see why it takes so long. There are a lot of things that need to be simulated: injuries, NHL games, AHL games, scouting, trades, GM reputation.

Though I'm not sure what was added in NHL 13 which made you unable to stop simulating immediately like in NHL 12.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I'm sure it's been thrown out already, but being able to hire/fire coaches would be great. Make some good at offense, some at defense, etc.

CmonLeafs

Oct 22, 2010
Ottawa
I would like to see the option in GM mode to choose how many games in the season so instead of 82 you can also play 48 or 24 or customise

Honestly this is the #1 thing I want too. There's lots of problems with the gameplay but this would make Be a GM/Be a Pro (or Live the Life I guess now) 100 times more enjoyable.

ZKass The Bass

Feb 10, 2013
London
Be able to re-sign players to contract extensions during the regular season

Acquire rights from the KHL already so they can get them in the game

Better communication from GM to player in be a gm mode, like FIFA

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
I would love KHL teams so, so much to be included in the NHL videogame. I am a huge fan of both NHL and KHL and it would be a huge pleasure for me to play with teams from both leagues. :)

The other wish would be that they introduce something like "seasons" on Fifa so you could play with weaker teams like DEL teams against equally strong teams and you wouldn't be forced by your vs opponents always to take NHL or national teams. (PS: just saw they will have that, wow world class). :D

PPS: There wont be new leagues included, right? Would love to have leagues like EBEL in the game.

FIFA just seems to have there **** together. One of the best updated rosters. It really stinks to have to wait a few months for updated rosters in NHL. I heard they did a better job in 13 but I barely play anymore. I liked that they made it available to play with NHL guys in European teams, but that was like the last month of the lockout lol. I would like to be able to call up guys during an online or quick play.

Yeah Fifa is great with roster updates and everything but I really hate that they barely have any developments in their game play in recent years. You pay 70 euros for rosters and team updates...

ficohok*

Be able to re-sign players to contract extensions during the regular season

Acquire rights from the KHL already so they can get them in the game

Better communication from GM to player in be a gm mode, like FIFA

I sincerely hope KHL will be included in next-gen versions (15 and on), as well as World Cup (if one will be held in 2016.) like it was in NHL 2005. That was so cool feature.

ficohok*

Yeah Fifa is great with roster updates and everything but I really hate that they barely have any developments in their game play in recent years. You pay 70 euros for rosters and team updates...

Play PES then:p:

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
prospect faceoff development in NHL 14 please.

whats the point in drafting Sam Reinhart or Connor McDavid to have them develop into elite talent with god-awful faceoff ratings

in year 7 of my last GM mode i ran a search for any player under 24 with faceoffs above 80 and there were NONE. best rating was 76, and alot of them were Wingers *facepalm*

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008

Kreider was not on the Rangers roster but if i am controlling the team I would like to move him from the Whale to the Rangers with a simple transition pre game. Other wise I had to wait an extra month, more, to see him finally wear the Rangers jersey once he became a starter.

Yup. I have a bunch of friends who are huge soccer fans so I gave FIFA 12 a shot and never really went back to NHL. It's an incredible game. I recommend it to anyone even if you don't like the sport. It's just so realistic and there's a lot more to offer. There's about 50 different celebrations you can do after you score and about 50 different dekes that have realistic movements. In NHL you don't get nearly the same amount of options and the movements are choppy. The Ultimate Team is 100x better than NHL. Opening packs is much more exciting and the challenge of always having something to play for (the division) makes it more entertaining than just playing the game, earning pucks and repeating.

FIFA is played like soccer is actually played, NHL is completely different from the actual sport.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
I'm really hoping they've got a lot planned for NHL 15. Not just another cash grab but with better graphics, which is really what I think we'll get. I understand the team/budget is small and we can't compare it to FIFA, but I'm also pretty sure they're very aware of most of the issues and complaints we've been having for years.

Hopefully EA gives them a bigger budget and/or more talent so the first iteration of next gen is a splash. I'll buy it either way because I'm sitting this one out and I'll be desperately in need of my fix by then!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad