Wishlist

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Need to come up with a better matchup system for EASHL. I have a club with some buddies that has no aspirations of being the Elite Champs, we just like to play for fun a couple games a week. Unfortunately all the fun of the mode gets taken away by having to play against guys with 5000 career games who have the bots memorized and booster packs that allow them to blow right by everyone. Keep those guys playing against each other, and let me play the people who treat it like a video game and not their life. I'd rather sit there waiting for a comparable opponent than play these hardcore gamers every time.

I've given up on BeaGm too, even if you take injuries and waiver notifications off, it still takes a ridiculous amount of time to simulate a season. Just don't have the time and patience for it.

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
If they try to push this new fighting engine as the "big" feature I hope most people choose not to buy it. I didn't buy NHL 12 when they made Legends out to be a big deal instead of improving gameplay. I won't buy NHL 14 if it's all about fighting, i.e. something that is just a waste of time anyway.

OVs Gold Chain*

All-around changes:
-Checking, consistency please.

EASHL
-Please for the love of god change the player types so Grinders are not the most effective players. I realize this was simply a mistake on their part, not expecting the children who play this game to exploit the speed differential of grinders and never get bored of scoring endless backhand forehand breakaways.

HUT:
-Send all to trade pile option in the Watch List menu
-Better search engine; More specific search categories.. when you search for a change team card, you should be able to search for change team> (insert team name here). Along with countless other examples.
-A simple revamp of the overall look of HUT would be great.. do something to make the cards look better/different.
-Remove the contract glitch

GM Connected:
-Menus have to be faster. They're so slow I've had multiple friends who have lost all interest in playing simply because it takes so damn long to navigate.

Last edited by a moderator:

OVs Gold Chain*

Need to come up with a better matchup system for EASHL. I have a club with some buddies that has no aspirations of being the Elite Champs, we just like to play for fun a couple games a week. Unfortunately all the fun of the mode gets taken away by having to play against guys with 5000 career games who have the bots memorized and booster packs that allow them to blow right by everyone. Keep those guys playing against each other, and let me play the people who treat it like a video game and not their life. I'd rather sit there waiting for a comparable opponent than play these hardcore gamers every time.

This. What was the point of even making separate leagues when everyone plays each other and you have elite playoff champ teams in the amateur brackets come playoff time? If your team wins the pro/elite division playoffs, they should never be in the lower-tier playoffs again.

JoeyBeans

Jan 5, 2013
Halifax
With HUT I want them to work around the currency/Pucks/MSpoints I dont want to match up with a player and him have spent 563$ on his account..

Puck around the boards/glass
Puck should bounce off stick/flutter.. Not tape passes everytime

OVs Gold Chain*

Defensemen also still get caught flat-footed way too easily.. this is most exploited in HUT with all the 90+ speed players. A full-strength Chara should not be getting burnt by Duchene coming up with the puck from his own net :laugh:. HUT has become full-time rush hockey/exploit the skate-lift breakaway glitch.

JimmyHardFace

Sep 13, 2012
Lets see Coach's Corner in NHL 14 who wouldnt want to see Ron roll his eyes towards Don as he spits out the same 25 pre recorded lines?

jhoops89

R.I.P. Thrashers
Mar 14, 2012
Ok guys,

I finally found an example of something I'd love to see in the scouting department for NHL14. I love the star potential and the player role but some information like this would be awesome

Sean Monahan - C - Ottawa 67s (OHL) - 6-2, 186
4.5 Start potential,
Player role: 1/2nd line centerman
ETA for NHL: 1/2 years
NHL Draft projection: 3/4 overall
Scouting report:
- A tremendous skater and all-around forward, Monahan can do a little bit of everything and do it well.
- He plays a responsible game in all zones and has enough offensive pop to project as a top-six centerman.
- Has a NHL shot and accuracy to go along with it.
- Good on the dot
- Great poise with the puck
Let me know what you think.

That would be nice to have all of that for each player! As long as there were...I'd say about 100-200 different descriptions so it wasn't the same one for every player you know?

Puck Poise

May 29, 2011
There should be a button in the schedule part of the Be A Gm to switch starting goalies so I don't have to go to Edit Lines and wait for it save, etc. every few games when I'm simming.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
All-around changes:
-Checking, consistency please.

EASHL
-Please for the love of god change the player types so Grinders are not the most effective players. I realize this was simply a mistake on their part, not expecting the children who play this game to exploit the speed differential of grinders and never get bored of scoring endless backhand forehand breakaways.

HUT:
-Send all to trade pile option in the Watch List menu
-Better search engine; More specific search categories.. when you search for a change team card, you should be able to search for change team> (insert team name here). Along with countless other examples.
-A simple revamp of the overall look of HUT would be great.. do something to make the cards look better/different.
-Remove the contract glitch

GM Connected:
-Menus have to be faster. They're so slow I've had multiple friends who have lost all interest in playing simply because it takes so damn long to navigate.

What is the contract glitch in HUT?

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Easier to get break aways.

Now I get them once every 20 games...

Defencemen skate as fast backwards as I do going flat out as a 94 speed-rated forward.

You must be kidding... EASHL is literally just practically who-can-get-the-most-breakaways-hockey-league

Seriously I can't tell you how many times people do that skate down near the center, slight hesitation, turn left, skate right past the dman goal. There needs to be better AI for cycling the puck. I don't want my two wingers just immediately looking to tie up in front of the net haha. Its way too ****ing hard to score on the cycle when no one makes themselves open.

13 is way too speed-centric. It is so boring. You can only win in HUT if your first line is Havlat, Kessel, and Helm. Realistically, a super-soft all-speed team would never win against a well balanced team. Guys like Lucic are useless because they can't skate well and just get it poked away every time. Its beyond frustrating. In real life any GM would kill for a Backes, Lucic, Ryan, or other powerforward type, but in these games they are practically a hinderance to your team.

I just want a real hockey game, not one where little 13 year olds with access to mommy and daddy's credit card can buy the world's fastest hockey team and get 50 breakaways against my solid defensive team haha. There is so much to fix, but really I think breakaways need to be about five times harder, not easier if you want it more like real hockey.

Oh, and I am so sick of the flying poke check... I want that gone or at least made less effective. Its pretty easy to get around, but God it is just so annoying and makes me want to throw my controller

Beanyman101

Mar 4, 2013
London
I’m pretty sure that almost everyone is playing HUT has a team full of NHLer’s these days. No one has much of an incentive to play with anything else.

I’d like EA to look at how FIFA do their Ultimate Team and give people an incentive for using lower level players – like splitting all players between Bronze/Silver and Gold level. For example:

Bronze Players: CHL Players rated 0-69 OVR
Silver Players: AHL and low Euro Leagues rated 70-79OVR
Gold Players: NHL, Top Euro Leagues rated 80OVR +

Then you can have Bronze/Silver/Gold Tourneys and/or seasons to encourage people to use lower level cards and also increase the trade value of top rated bronze/silver cards. At the moment they have far too many tournaments with crazy permutations (all rightie’s etc) that seem a ballache to satisfy. Keep it simple and have standard Bronze/Silver/Gold tourneys and seasons, and one featured tournament per week/fortnight with a decent coin payoff to encourage participation. Say for example they have a Euro league tourney with a solid coin payout at the end of it – just watch as people start surfing the market for decent euro players to fill their lineup. They could even follow it up with featured packs in the store to coincide with their featured tournament (i.e: create a special “Euro pack†if the tourney of the week is for Euro players only).

This would allow for much more variety, as well as sparking the trade market for a broader level of players

OVs Gold Chain*

What is the contract glitch in HUT?

1) pick a game to play (tourney, online game, etc)
2) game brings you to your roster, says "contract expired on X player, etc)
3) select a player from your first line (doesnt matter which)
4) swap with player from collection
5) select the player you swapped for, again, select swap with collection
6) youre about to put the first liner you benched back in. Start tapping start (faster the better) and while tapping start, select the starter from your collection by pressing A.

This may take a few tries, but usually works on the first or second try once you get a feel for it. Glitch made possible due to EA's embarrassingly slow menus and load times. One thing to be mindful of- if you send a player with a C or A to your trade pile on accident, it will remove the C or A (this can happen since "send to trade pile" is directly below "swap with my collection).

Last edited by a moderator:

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
1) pick a game to play (tourney, online game, etc)
2) game brings you to your roster, says "contract expired on X player, etc)
3) select a player from your first line (doesnt matter which)
4) swap with player from collection
5) select the player you swapped for, again, select swap with collection
6) youre about to put the first liner you benched back in. Start tapping start (faster the better) and while tapping start, select the starter from your collection by pressing A.

This may take a few tries, but usually works on the first or second try once you get a feel for it. Glitch made possible due to EA's embarrassingly slow menus and load times. One thing to be mindful of- if you send a player with a C or A to your trade pile on accident, it will remove the C or A (this can happen since "send to trade pile" is directly below "swap with my collection).

Thats sick, I'll give that a shot. I'm so sick of never making gains because it costs like 600 pucks just for contracts each game yet I only make like 600 too haha.

If this works youre my hero

Edit: You = hero

Last edited:

OVs Gold Chain*

Thats sick, I'll give that a shot. I'm so sick of never making gains because it costs like 600 pucks just for contracts each game yet I only make like 600 too haha.

If this works youre my hero

Edit: You = hero

No prob. I was in the same boat. Not anymore ;)

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Still have some major gripes with the draft:

-After the 3rd round, anyone you draft is useless. There are no Datsyuks/Zetterbergs/Kaberles etc in the 7th. It's kind of lame.

-Outside of the top 5, you either get guys that are good right out of the draft (77 OVR+) but don't ever become anything better than ~83/84 no matter the minutes you give them or what their statistics are, or you get mid potential guys that may hit 85 or may not. You'll never draft a guy that surprises everyone the year after the draft and goes on to be a superstar. No Webers/Bergerons here. Top 5 is the only place you'll get superstars.

General things:

-No junior stats. I can't track how my top prospects are doing. Feels lame man.

-Can't send signed European prospect back to Europe. AHL or bust.

-Getting the media/newspapers involved ala FIFA would really add a dimension to the game.

-No one ever gets better at faceoffs. It's like the skill will not increase.

-Goalie mode is still ugh. Something needs to be done to make it less luck/raw attributes and more skill.

-Defense has no effect on how many goals you allow. Like, seriously, you can play with 3 Selke winners and it doesn't change anything. They need to add/makeup some defense categories to make anyone care about it (doesn't need to be super realistic, it's a videogame), because two-way forwards are a waste of space in this game.

-Ditto for defensive defenseman. I have no idea if my DFDs are any good at what they do or not. A made up defense score (goals saved? **** I don't know) would at least let me get something tangible out of them.

-Save%s are inflated

That's what I've gotten, one year after.

bigwillie

Jul 14, 2006
Portland, OR
I’m pretty sure that almost everyone is playing HUT has a team full of NHLer’s these days. No one has much of an incentive to play with anything else.

I’d like EA to look at how FIFA do their Ultimate Team and give people an incentive for using lower level players – like splitting all players between Bronze/Silver and Gold level. For example:

Bronze Players: CHL Players rated 0-69 OVR
Silver Players: AHL and low Euro Leagues rated 70-79OVR
Gold Players: NHL, Top Euro Leagues rated 80OVR +

Then you can have Bronze/Silver/Gold Tourneys and/or seasons to encourage people to use lower level cards and also increase the trade value of top rated bronze/silver cards. At the moment they have far too many tournaments with crazy permutations (all rightie’s etc) that seem a ballache to satisfy. Keep it simple and have standard Bronze/Silver/Gold tourneys and seasons, and one featured tournament per week/fortnight with a decent coin payoff to encourage participation. Say for example they have a Euro league tourney with a solid coin payout at the end of it – just watch as people start surfing the market for decent euro players to fill their lineup. They could even follow it up with featured packs in the store to coincide with their featured tournament (i.e: create a special “Euro pack†if the tourney of the week is for Euro players only).

This would allow for much more variety, as well as sparking the trade market for a broader level of players

This is an absolutely wonderful idea. I hate the fact that most teams consist entirely of players who are NHL all-stars. Their 4th consist of guys who are top-line players in the NHL. That's just not right.

You have hundreds of junior and Euro league players for absolutely no reason in this mode. It sucks. I want it to be so you are encouraged to utilize every player in the game. Make it so your first line is NHL'ers, second line AHL/top Euro league, third line mid Euro, and 4th line junior. Part of the appeal of HUT for me was access to almost every single player from around the world. They totally lost that aspect this year, and it was underutilized in years prior.

I also miss the aspect in past HUTs where you could train and build young players, and have an 85+ junior player on his 60 overall contract. That was great. And then, his entry level contract would run out, and you'd have to make room for his increased salary. And then when he retired, you'd have to find a replacement.

That was much more realistic and a lot more fun, in my opinion.

DennisReynolds

the implication
Dec 11, 2011
- Better drafting as 7even said, after around 4 years of GM mode, the number of prospects around each league reduce to around 20 players and after 3rd round, it's absolutely useless.

- More lines. The editing lines during a game is just pain in the ass so maybe have 2 main alternatives where you just go to the menu in order to have lines 1 or lines 2 so that you can easily switch around lines.

- Allocating around how many minutes a player play in a game

- Goalies actually getting injured when you're playing

- I thought the whole line chemistry was brilliant in NHL 09 and I wish they would bring that back

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Fix The goalies, they never square up to the shooter unless they are directly in front of them.

JoeyBeans

Jan 5, 2013
Halifax
Something small

I want to be able to change my jersey in the middle of the game. last night I was playing @ home and the away team picks same color is me while im ready.. lets just say the game was confusing.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
Online Team Play related:
1. Allow for Ranked Team Play where players do not have to be locked to a position. I want something similar to ranked versus except for allowing players from different consoles to be on the same team together. I don't like how the only multiplayer in online versus ranked is console co-op players.

2. Allow teams to lock their team when picking teams for team play. My friends and I create an 8 person match because there are 4 of us and want some 4 on 4 action. However, players will still come on our team making it 5 on 3...etc. These leads to one of us switching to game chat and trying to convince said player to go on the other team. Many times we end up having to make a new match.

3. Stop putting the wrong player in the penalty box. I hate not being able to play in a 5-6 player match because one of my teammates took a penalty.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Online Team Play related:
1. Allow for Ranked Team Play where players do not have to be locked to a position. I want something similar to ranked versus except for allowing players from different consoles to be on the same team together. I don't like how the only multiplayer in online versus ranked is console co-op players.

2. Allow teams to lock their team when picking teams for team play. My friends and I create an 8 person match because there are 4 of us and want some 4 on 4 action. However, players will still come on our team making it 5 on 3...etc. These leads to one of us switching to game chat and trying to convince said player to go on the other team. Many times we end up having to make a new match.

3. Stop putting the wrong player in the penalty box. I hate not being able to play in a 5-6 player match because one of my teammates took a penalty.

Make a EASHL team, and select match club size when in the dressing room.

Unless you actually specifically only want to do this in OTP, in which case I would have suspicions about your true motives.

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
Holy Christ for goalie mode can they change it so your goalie doesn't move 3 times as fast when a player has a breakaway against you? You know how many goals I've let in because I nudge the stick and my goalie goes flying out of position?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad