Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Both parties want to extend. Koeman has done all he can to f*** this kids future up but his future is still at Barca for the time being. I think out lasts Koeman.

This was in the news about a week or so back. I think he wants to keep the dream alive and is probably thinking "I'll just outlast Koeman" which shouldn't take too much time.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
This was in the news about a week or so back. I think he wants to keep the dream alive and is probably thinking "I'll just outlast Koeman" which shouldn't take too much time.
Yup clearly the boy is smarter than most of those who have been running Barca. I wonder if Font will announce him to his presidential team. :P

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

He extended his contract for another year. However reports from city is that his transfer is form and he will join in the summer. This still doesn’t make any sense on either party. He needs at least another 2 seasons, he should be loaned out immediately.

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
@Ajacied @YNWA14, is he good?

A better source clarifies.

He is good. Not Sancho good but not bad either. Was voted City's U-23 player last season as an 18 year old. I think City want to retain him but he should probably move for his own career's sake. Also rumored to have some off-field type issues.

I have heard that this time City want to include a buy-back clause.

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He is good. Not Sancho good but not bad either. Was voted City's U-23 player last season as an 18 year old. I think City want to retain him but he should probably move for his own career's sake.

City’s own prospects want to leave to get playing time. Yet Argentinean prospects flock to them lol

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
City’s own prospects want to leave to get playing time. Yet Argentinean prospects flock to them lol
Ironically, the only youth player Pep's has played a lot is Eric Garcia (who wants to leave). Foden has played some as well but not nearly enough (would have left by now like Sancho, I am sure if he wasnt a life long City fan)

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
It seems he won't auto pass the new work permit rules (mostly because Ecuador's FIFA ranking is 51+), maybe he passes on GBE points then. I would assume that in future transfer rumours to England, estimated GBE points will be reported from now on.

As predicted, now it seems that there are these point calculations coming out by some parties, this is from Ai Abacus.

Players need 15 points (if they don't Autopass), and they've done some calculations on number of players who would have enough points for a work permit.

"The top leagues in Brazil, Argentina and Mexico have all been placed in Band 3, which should make it easier to sign players from these leagues based on the new points system. He estimates more than 550 players from those three South American leagues currently meet the new criteria and could obtain the GBE. A standout nation is Brazil with their top league having 217 eligible players"

While talent from lower leagues in Europe would be harder to do deals with, e.g. many current Championship players would not meet the new criteria.

Under the new rules, only 14 players in Ligue 2 and 23 players in Bundesliga 2 are eligible to move to the UK, according to Ai Abacus.

Brexit rules mean more Brazilians may be on their way to the Premier League | Daily Mail Online

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And he ain't even very good.
On a free so that's a positive, but frankly Barca should target other players.

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
Hard to say how good/bad he is with the limited amount of matches he has played. Pep is a fan so thats a positive I suppose.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He is good. Not Sancho good but not bad either. Was voted City's U-23 player last season as an 18 year old. I think City want to retain him but he should probably move for his own career's sake. Also rumored to have some off-field type issues.

I also read something about ITK Dortmund fan saying he’s bad news, and they don’t want him. I don’t know the specifics, but that’s what I read from knowledgeable people.

We also have former City youth Bynoe-Gittens joining the first team in the summer. He’s supposed to be the long-term Sancho replacement. I don’t like the idea of a buyback. I’d have no issue with a right of first refusal clause, but I think Dortmund is a little too big of a club for a buyback clause.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
@Ajacied @YNWA14, is he good?

A better source clarifies.

Would be a very nice Sancho replacement in a year or two. I think he's physically more gifted than Sancho but his decision making in the final third can be a bit questionable. Very much a player in love with his own talent (which is considerable). That said those things can be coached out so if Dortmund can groom him and get a better coach than Favre he has a very high ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad