Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Paging juventus.

wUfqfLqDx6icxYcg0lhBvqafkGknrxM4nc8A0_MKbBehWmC2sQRqVLBknDEqpCa9ssn4g3xhUinaKyL3GhIE6-gQHXyj58INdIor2GeBLlPYqRhvptwGgiaQ7Gj9pGKLs5z3CdfiD1XnbwbfZDVPDvcfc0L8bAuj42tVxr3sa-lhnTuV_q-7l2iHsj2EY4eEa9aKLROyD8HpCQVLpBtbQyTU4xLaP4Pe9LQ

The Juventus board right now

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Even then, they have the best attack but have been scored on 3 times more than Atletico.
Their central defense looks atrocious. Lenglet has been bad, Pique as well and Ronaldo Araujo has cost direct points last weekend.
If they invest on central defense, it has to be for quality, not Garcia.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Pretty presumptuous. He’s likely be 5th option. He’s free and he’s from la masia.

And the people that say he sucks (it's many, not only @Wee Baby Seamus) don't contextualize what he's doing. There are only a few CB from his age group playing in any of the top leagues. None of them yet play for a club anywhere near as good as Man City where the expectations are higher, and people will criticize your every mistake.

If he was playing for Espanyol or Leganes at a lower level, he'd be getting tons of transfer interest from the big teams, and fans would want their team to sign him. If you have realistic expectations, he's a good prospect. If you expect him to immediately produce as well as 80M CB's for one of the best teams in the world, I don't think you understand CB development. You rarely see mistake-free CB's at age 19 for the big teams.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Even then, they have the best attack but have been scored on 3 times more than Atletico.
Their central defense looks atrocious. Lenglet has been bad, Pique as well and Ronaldo Araujo has cost direct points last weekend.
If they invest on central defense, it has to be for quality, not Garcia.
Aruajo cost barca points is hardly anything to worry about given his play this year. He also reacted to it with maturity. Surprising this is even brought up.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I don't watch every Barca game but the ones I watched he was either invisible or awful.
He’s a CB being invisible is at most times a good thing. He also scored an amazing goal vs Valencia. He’s a player that has loads of potential and the best is that he came for peanuts. Ill stick with him for now and not spend like crazy on a player without knowing what they have in Aaurjo/Oscar first. Sure if a young cb can be had for cheap and falls to their laps sure go for it but at the moment sit tight and evaluate. Barca have more pressing needs.

BTW he has not been awful at all. You might be mistaken him for Lenglet who has been horrid at times this season.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes and no.
Pique is old and will take a backseat at some point.
Lenglet is IMO not a defensive leader.
Barca needs a new Pique, and I don't see that in either Araujo or Garcia.
As for pressing needs, except for a coach there isn't a position I'm more worried for them.
GK is fine, midfield is fine, tons of talent up front too.
CB is where the most glaring problem is.

Of course, if they sell Griezmann, Dembele, lose Messi, and all, then they definately should invest up front.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yes and no.
Pique is old and will take a backseat at some point.
Lenglet is IMO not a defensive leader.
Barca needs a new Pique, and I don't see that in either Araujo or Garcia.
As for pressing needs, except for a coach there isn't a position I'm more worried for them.
GK is fine, midfield is fine, tons of talent up front too.
CB is where the most glaring problem is.

Of course, if they sell Griezmann, Dembele, lose Messi, and all, then they definately should invest up front.
Their best striker is Braithwaite... I have seen anything from Araujo that suggests he cant be great. Who knows if he will reach that level but so far so good. Like I said most Barca fans are in love with him. And for good reason, he been one of the few bright spots in this travesty of season. Under Koeman too.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Well it should be Griez, not Braithwaite.
Given his talent yes but Greizz has been horrible under what 3 coaches used in multiple positions. He will never be a fit here, he will be gone by the summer. Or should be if Barca are serious about going back to winning ways.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
As I said, yes some might move.
But as of now, the reality is that they have a top player there. A coach needs to make this work.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
As I said, yes some might move.
But as of now, the reality is that they have a top player there. A coach needs to make this work.
Player does too and he has failed to do so.Therefore, a more pressing need is a striker who FITS.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Messi doesn't have many goals really. 7 out of 29.
He's not the only reason you score. Griez, Fati, Dembele and Braithwaite have all scored this year.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Araujo is good we will see if he keeps developing at the moment he's not starting level for a club like this though.
Lenglet has been bad which is unfortunate, I do like him

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Messi doesn't have many goals really. 7 out of 29.
He's not the only reason you score. Griez, Fati, Dembele and Braithwaite have all scored this year.
His 7 is more than greizzy and braithwaite combined.

Fati is out 2 months and he still has more goals than Greizzy lol that says it all really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad