Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Mark McKenzie heading to Genk. @Savi

Don’t watch Genk at all. How’s their CB situation? McKenzie plays on the left side. He is adequate in distributing the ball and good defensively. Mainly relies on his speed/strength defensively.

I think that’s mostly been out of necessity. He can play RCB.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Flamboyant, excellent passer, can unlock deep holding defensive lines with accurate through balls. On defense he carries his weight surprisingly well. Presses the opponent and has a bit of an edge to his game. Every time he's played he impresses everyone in Barcelona is perplexed by the situation.

You forgot his most valuable skill. He was accused of leaking the coach’s lineup to the press after the coach told him he wasn’t likely to play very much.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Reynolds to Juventus for a little over 10M. He’ll be loaned out in January because Juventus has no EU slots left for this season.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Reynolds to Juventus for a little over 10M. He’ll be loaned out in January because Juventus has no EU slots left for this season.

He could have been a star in Belgium but nooo

Now he'll just end up another one of those 345687126 loanees Juve have on payroll but never make it to the first team and eventually be sold to (insert random second division club)

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world

Now he'll just end up another one of those 345687126 loanees Juve have on payroll but never make it to the first team and eventually be sold to (insert random second division club)

Not really. We have absolutely no depth on rb. We had to convert Cuadrado to a RB and he's 32/33. He has a better chance at making the than other players.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

I think it's a risky amount of money for a player whose still not really much of a defender. It's gambling on his size/speed/dribbling ability, and hoping he can learn to defend adequately. I don't think Brugge missed out that much on this transfer, but I also think he's meant as a first team option at Juventus. I think the loan was only supposed to be for this season due to their lack of EU spots right now, and then he'll join Juve. Doesn't mean he'll ever do well at Juve, but I don't think he's being bought to be part of a loan army. I guess we'll see though.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Cagliari is the name I’ve seen for loan.

I read that, but I also read that he'll have some say where, and it might not be them. Cagliari wouldn't be good. They already have a starting RB whose on a loan with an option to buy, and their RB is playing well. Reynolds would barely play coming in at midseason,.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not really. We have absolutely no depth on rb. We had to convert Cuadrado to a RB and he's 32/33. He has a better chance at making the than other players.
Didn't you lot have a player named Cancelo who could've played that position?

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Still not official according to Romano

IK5hS8o.png

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

What even is this list of names? :laugh: not that it’s a bad list but Kabak can’t fill the same role as the others and White potentially could but might not be quite there yet. Give me Kounde or Torres! Soyuncu will cost more than Maguire otherwise I’d want him.

Reactions: les Habs

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Don't think if I've seen Antov, but Bulgaria has started to produce some interesting talents. Not saying they have a golden generation or anything, but their youth teams have surprised me on a few occasions & I know that german clubs have been to Bulgaria in recent years to scout Kraev & Ivanov...Kraev having since transferred to Midtjylland & Ivanov set to join the MLS this window.

Filip Krastev is another interesting Bulgarian kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad