Transfer: Winter Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Thauvin has offers from Sevilla, Napoli and Milan for next summer on a free.
Simakan has agreed to go to Milan, but Milan hasn't agreed with Strasbourg on a fee (just like last summer).
Arsenal could be interested in Juan Jordan from Sevilla for 35M€.
United want to have Cavani for another year.
Juventus are also after Depay (duh just like after every free player, right?).

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Stefano Denswil on loan to Club Brugge for the rest of the season. Wasn't playing much at Bologna.

Brugge already preparing for a BeneLiga by signing as many Dutchies as they can :sarcasm:

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Will this happen one day?
It seems to me they're talking about it for 20 years.

If it does happen, it won't be anytime soon. Some pro-BeneLiga people are looking at 2024 to start.
Some Belgian and Dutch top teams ordered a study on the matter and that was recently finished, but that report basically just showed the issues without possible solutions.
There's the money, the TV-deals, the CL/EL tickets, how many teams included, what needs to happen with the smaller teams that don't make the BeneLiga, etc
Also I believe there's much more enthousiasm in Belgium for a BeneLiga, our Dutch friends are kinda meh on the entire thing.

Reactions: Evilo

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Juventus are also after Depay (duh just like after every free player, right?).

Juve be like when they see a free transfer

xwmbzj5uls851.jpg

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Milan and Arsenal eyeing Puig. Barca are going to f*** this up. Pretty much a Thiago scenario but not exactly the same.

Actually Dembele is a fantastic comparison. Of course someone meant to troll because that's all he does, but it's a great choice.

He was a hot commodity after his BVB season.
What if he was the highest paid forward in the game and second highest transfer fee when he moved to Barca?

This is exactly the same.
I'd probably be on suicide watch tbh.

Reactions: IHaveNoCreativity

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Milan and Arsenal eyeing Puig. Barca are going to f*** this up. Pretty much a Thiago scenario but not exactly the same.

I'd probably be on suicide watch tbh.

I remember reading german reports from earlier in the season that had Leipzig tracking Puig pretty intensely as well.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I haven't seen much of him, what kind of a player is he?
Flamboyant, excellent passer, can unlock deep holding defensive lines with accurate through balls. On defense he carries his weight surprisingly well. Presses the opponent and has a bit of an edge to his game. Every time he's played he impresses everyone in Barcelona is perplexed by the situation.

Reactions: cgf

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Mark McKenzie heading to Genk. @Savi

Don’t watch Genk at all. How’s their CB situation? McKenzie plays on the left side. He is adequate in distributing the ball and good defensively. Mainly relies on his speed/strength defensively.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Don’t watch Genk at all. How’s their CB situation? McKenzie plays on the left side. He is adequate in distributing the ball and good defensively. Mainly relies on his speed/strength defensively.
That is a good move for McKenzie if he will get minutes.

Berhalter is probably heart broken he is going to Europe

Reactions: Gecklund

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Flamboyant, excellent passer, can unlock deep holding defensive lines with accurate through balls. On defense he carries his weight surprisingly well. Presses the opponent and has a bit of an edge to his game. Every time he's played he impresses everyone in Barcelona is perplexed by the situation.

I would add a few things:
  • Very often looking to move/pass forward.
  • Very press resistant.
  • Looks like a teenager but can withstand a very physical game.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Arsenal sign him up

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium

They have 4 very capable CB's, their new coach recently switched to a back three and since 3 of those CB's are Colombian, they are the ones usually starting. So it won't be easy breaking into the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad