Transfer: Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion - September

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I love when places like ESPN put out sensationalist headlines:

“LIVE Transfer Talk: Cristiano Ronaldo exit could give Manchester United up to £100m for January signings”

Then the article goes on to say that they are going to have 70M to spend either way, but Ronaldo leaving would free up another 30M due to his insane wages for 100M total

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I did not know where to post this, so I figured out I would post it here:

PSG having 3 of the top 4, at these amounts, is f***ing crazy. Sure, they get a LOT of endorsement deals, but look at the salaries. At least twice what Hazard is making (#4 in terms of salary), three times in case of Mbappé. Ronaldo's salary is also crazy for what he brings nowadays.

Hazard is a pretty expensive benchwarmer :laugh:

How on earth is Iniesta paid that much? It's not like there is a huge competition for his services at that price.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Supposedly LFC has been scouting Mudryk too, and they will have representatives at his next UCL game in Madrid.

Don’t know if anyone else remembers the last time that LFC tried to get a player out of Shakhtar but it lets just say the negotiations did not go well.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Supposedly LFC has been scouting Mudryk too, and they will have representatives at his next UCL game in Madrid.

Don’t know if anyone else remembers the last time that LFC tried to get a player out of Shakhtar but it lets just say the negotiations did not go well.
To be fair. Back then Ian Ayre was in charge.

They missed on Konoplyanka and also Salah due to stubberness on the fee.

I love Mudryk but he is not a need... they need something like 3 midfielders now. (Replacing Ox, Keita, Milner and also maybe Henderson)

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

I love Mudryk but he is not a need... they need something like 3 midfielders now. (Replacing Ox, Keita, Milner and also maybe Henderson)
In a world where Liverpool struggles for top four this season, or misses it altogether, I bet FSG goes balls out next summer.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

It is not Konoplyanka. It is Alex Teixeira. Konoplyanka was Dnipro. Him and Salah at Basel were both Ian Ayre specials though.

In a world where Liverpool struggles for top four this season, or misses it altogether, I bet FSG goes balls out next summer.
If they can’t get Jude, they are going to kick the can again. Which is kind of crazy. LFC are going to need at least 3 midfielders next summer but the question is going to be if they have the appetite or not. And what happens if their top target is off the menu. Evidence is not good

Reactions: JeffreyLFC

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Damage would be done. And way too late from the ownership.
If they miss top 4, might as well speed up a complete squad overhaul or wish the owners sell the team.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
It is not Konoplyanka. It is Alex Teixeira. Konoplyanka was Dnipro. Him and Salah at Basel were both Ian Ayre specials though.

If they can’t get Jude, they are going to kick the can again. Which is kind of crazy. LFC are going to need at least 3 midfielders next summer but the question is going to be if they have the appetite or not. And what happens if their top target is off the menu. Evidence is not good
Forgot about Teixeira. That being said, they dodged a bullet with him. He was sold for way too much money.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Damage would be done. And way too late from the ownership.
If they miss top 4, might as well speed up a complete squad overhaul or wish the owners sell the team.
And Salah is giving how many more years to LFC? One I think? (i may be wrong)

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
And Salah is giving how many more years to LFC? One I think? (i may be wrong)
It depends. To me if they miss top 4 (or even top 6)

They would need to go full nuclear and break the core, I would only keep Fabinho(leadership), Alisson(leaderdhip), Tsimikas, Konate, VVD(leadership), Diaz, Jota, Nunez, Carvalho, Elliott, Bajcetic. Basically do a reset.

I would be open to sell: Thiago (not because I do not want him back but we need to find a GREAT replacement ASAP as LFC are WAY too relient on him and he is only getting older), Matip (see Thiago), Ox (free), Keita (free), Milner (free), Gomez (not good enough), TAA (way too inconsistent if we keep him he needs a decent challenger to his position), Robertson(Tsimikas can do the job), Henderson (too old), Salah(if we can get a great offer if not keep), Firmino (free), Jones (not good enough), Phillips (not good enough)

AND target only players entering their prime (from 20 years old to 25).

I know they won't do it but that team is getting way too complacent and slow. They are already 2 seasons too late in the rebuild.

Last edited:
Reactions: LOGiK

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I know they won't do it but that team is getting way too complacent and slow. They are already 2 seasons too late in the rebuild.
Sure, they were in the Champions League final a couple months ago but definitely Liverpool should be have been rebuilding instead (ignore, by the way, the signings of Jota, Konate, Diaz, Tsimikas, etc.)

Anyway, I'm trying to understand this roster after your sales and such:

Diaz - Nunez - Jota
New - New - New

Fabinho - Elliott - New
New - Carvalho - New

Tsimikas - VvD - Konate - New
New - Bajcetic - New - Ramsay

Alisson
Kelleher​

So you'd need 9 new signings, including three starters, for the two deep? Plus then another couple players? All between 20-25, but obviously not including 23 year old TAA. Good luck!

Last edited:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

They would need to go full nuclear and break the core, I would only keep Fabinho(leadership), Alisson(leaderdhip), Tsimikas, Konate, VVD(leadership), Diaz, Jota, Nunez, Carvalho, Elliott, Bajcetic. Basically do a reset.

I would be open to sell: Thiago (not because I do not want him back but we need to find a GREAT replacement ASAP as LFC are WAY too relient on him and he is only getting older), Matip (see Thiago), Ox (free), Keita (free), Milner (free), Gomez (not good enough), TAA (way too inconsistent if we keep him he needs a decent challenger to his position), Robertson(Tsimikas can do the job), Henderson (too old), Salah(if we can get a great offer if not keep), Firmino (free), Jones (not good enough), Phillips (not good enough)

And this is where the entitlement and overreacting takes came from.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

On behalf of every other Premier League team, I approve this message.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Sure, they were in the Champions League final a couple months ago but definitely Liverpool should be have been rebuilding instead (ignore, by the way, the signings of Jota, Konate, Diaz, Tsimikas, etc.)

Anyway, I'm trying to understand this roster after your sales and such:

Diaz - Nunez - Jota
New - New - New

Fabinho - Elliott - New
New - Carvalho - New

Tsimikas - VvD - Konate - New
New - Bajcetic - New - Ramsay

Alisson
Kelleher​

So you'd need 9 new signings, including three starters, for the two deep? Plus then another couple players? All between 20-25, but obviously not including 23 year old TAA. Good luck!
LW: Diaz/Carvalho
FW: Nunez/Jota/New
RW: New(Salah)/Elliott
MID: New/New/New/Eliott
DM Fabinho/New
LB: Tsimi/(New)
CB: VVD, Konate, New, Sepp
RB: TAA(or new)/NEW
GK: Alisson/Kelleher/New

8 or 10(if Salah, TAA) sold.

It won't happen though.

I fully expect LFC to patch more than fix. Probably sign 2 new midfielder and one right back.

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Lfc ain’t missing top 4 and if by some crazy chance they do they def shouldn’t overreact. Rebuilding the is isn’t hockey where you stack up prospects and picks by gutting the team. By all accounts they need one midfielder… you sign one in January and retool in the summer.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
LW: Diaz/Carvalho
FW: Nunez/Jota/New
RW: New(Salah)/Elliott
MID: New/New/New/Eliott
DM Fabinho/New
LB: Tsimi/(New)
CB: VVD, Konate, New, Sepp
RB: TAA(or new)/NEW
GK: Alisson/Kelleher/New

8 or 10(if Salah, TAA) sold.
So 3-4 starters (RW/CM/CM/RB), a key backup at CB/CM/DM, and less important backups at RB/GK/FW/LB.

I would just keep Ramsay as back up RB, but trying to think of names that are possibly available and in your age bracket

RB: Porro
CM: Bellingham
CM: Fernandez
RW: Pino (?)

CB: Timber
CM: Szoboszlai
DM: Alvarez

GK: Bursik
FW: Nico Williams
LB: Truffert

There's no way you can afford this. There's no way really any team could afford this.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Lfc ain’t missing top 4 and if by some crazy chance they do they def shouldn’t overreact. Rebuilding the is isn’t hockey where you stack up prospects and picks by gutting the team. By all accounts they need one midfielder… you sign one in January and retool in the summer.
LFC should just fold if they miss top 4. There’s literally 0 chance they could become a top 4 team ever again if they miss.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
LFC should just fold if they miss top 4. There’s literally 0 chance they could become a top 4 team ever again if they miss.
They essentialy have done a rebuild of similar scale just 6/7 years ago. They need to do it again although they have better pieces now.

Just before Klopp and 2 years after he arrived, they replaced within 3 years many starters:
Sakho, Skrtel, Benteke, Sterling, Borini, Aspas, Clyne, Markovic, Sturridge, Coutinho, Moreno, Mignolet, Balotelli, Can, Leiva that is basically the full first team back then.

Heck the only players he kept in his team rebuilding were: Henderson, Milner, Firmino and Lallana.

It has been done before. The problem is that Klopp is attached with the current core and unlike Pep Guardiola he has a hard time adjusting and refreshing his team on the go.

They should have moved on from Milner, Keita (if he does not want to commit), Ox and Gomez last summer and get replacement. Also Henderson should be a rotational option not a core player.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Spring in Fialta

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
They essentialy have done a rebuild of similar scale just 6/7 years ago. They need to do it again although they have better pieces now.

Just before Klopp and 2 years after he arrived, they replaced within 3 years many starters:
Sakho, Skrtel, Benteke, Sterling, Borini, Aspas, Clyne, Markovic, Sturridge, Coutinho, Moreno, Mignolet, Balotelli, Can, Leiva that is basically the full first team back then.

Heck the only players he kept in his team rebuilding were: Henderson, Milner, Firmino and Lallana.

It has been done before. The problem is that Klopp is attached with the current core and unlike Pep Guardiola he has a hard time adjusting and refreshing his team on the go.

They should have moved on from Milner, Keita (if he does not want to commit), Ox and Gomez last summer and get replacement. Also Henderson should be a rotational option not a core player.
If the team misses the top 4 you don't need a wholesale rebuild...... I mean there's clearly work to be done but come on now.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If the team misses the top 4 you don't need a wholesale rebuild...... I mean there's clearly work to be done but come on now.
They need three new midfielders.

Milner, Keita, Chamberlain are in outgoing. This hasn’t really changed.

They issue is LFC need some big HITTERS to replace those guys. Jones, Elliott and Bajcetic can take the “squad” spots but, especially if they want to stay 433, they need to get Starting XI caliber players in to replace at least two of the three outgoings.

I tried to make a table but I blew it.

Anyway what you are looking at is a bit like this I’m going alphabetical (unless designating a “NSN” new signing needed) order on depth chart because I’m not arguing about first v second choice. Deal with it

LW - Carvalho/Diaz

ST - Darwin/Diogo/Firmino (NSN that can cover RW if Firmino leaves)

RW - Salah/NSN (that can can cover central too)

LCM - Jones/Thiago/NSN (someone to help play possession that can do some running)

RCM - NSN (this is where to need starting caliber world class player)/Elliott/NSN (8 that can cover 6)

DM - Fabinho/Henderson/Bajcetic *replace Henderson in 2024; can’t do everything at once

LB - Robertson/Tsimikas *new LB in 2024

Good CB - Gomez/Konate/Matip/Virgil

Young CB - Rhys Williams/Sepp van den Berg

RB - Alexander-Arnold/Ramsay/NSN (RB that can cover CB preferably

GK - Alisson/NSN (I think Kelleher leaves and Adrian is Adrian)

Maybe some loaned players like Beck/Bradley/Morton figure into some squad minutes but again; LFC need Matcheay squad upgrades. They can find minutes for the other guys later.

The right side of the team needs new blood pretty badly as well. They need world class RCM and they need to find an answer to “what do we do in the 40% on the games a season Thiago misses”. And they need another utility guy there.

Kaide Gordon they are still high on but he’s gotten a lot of injuries. Ben Doak is coming in as well. He has been very impressive, but he is a couple of years away. Bobby Clark probably can earn some minutes but don’t think he really has a position. Reminds me too much of Ben Woodburn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad