Transfer: Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion - September

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Obviously it's a bit different cause I haven't made Ronaldo money, but god, I would have a hard time saying no to that even knowing all the politics.
Yeah it’s a lot easier to turn down that sort of money when you’re basically a billionaire. Same with Tiger and the LIV.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Obviously it's a bit different cause I haven't made Ronaldo money, but god, I would have a hard time saying no to that even knowing all the politics.
People can talk about morals and principles then they see this type of money. Ya I doubt many would say no… I for sure wouldn’t. Sadly

Reactions: Gecklund

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Give the fact that they’re doing some shady shit I’m not surprised but go on barca is also in the wrong here…. Somehow.

Liverpool ready to make their offer… damn should be 2 billion just in case psg get desperate

Lol Atle can play him the way they want. Barca suing is laughable.
As for PSG getting desparate I suggest looking at Barca's Mercato over the last 5 years for desparation signs.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Lol Atle can play him the way they want. Barca suing is laughable.
As for PSG getting desparate I suggest looking at Barca's Mercato over the last 5 years for desparation signs.
They can if they’re keen on losing so much…knowing simeone that maybe the case

Hook line and sinker for the rest :)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
@John Pedro know anything about this guy from Flamengo?

Probably not reliable but with no games until October I have nothing else to talk about (yet)

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
@John Pedro know anything about this guy from Flamengo?

Probably not reliable but with no games until October I have nothing else to talk about (yet)

I do.

He's amazing, people talks about Flamengo's big names like Arrascaeta and Gabigol, but this kid is so underrated that I'd say he's a top2 player for them. He's very good on the ball, press-resistant and is a workhorse off the ball, defensively. Can play as B2B or a more traditional DM role

Reactions: les Habs

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I do.

He's amazing, people talks about Flamengo's big names like Arrascaeta and Gabigol, but this kid is so underrated that I'd say he's a top2 player for them. He's very good on the ball, press-resistant and is a workhorse off the ball, defensively. Can play as B2B or a more traditional DM role

Agreed based on the little I’ve seen. I wanted to pick him up in our keeper league, but then noticed somebody else already had him…. Very well rounded player and the first I’d take from Flamengo’s first team.

Reactions: John Pedro

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Bild is reporting that Rangers have a 7m buy-option on Tillman; which Bayern expect to be triggered.

As with Nianzou's move to Sevilla, Bayern are reported to have a buyback option if Rangers do purchase Tillman.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Ben Foster announced his retirement today. Interesting insight into Newcastle trying to sign him in the last week on here as well.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Benfica the new Southampton?

Benfica have one of the best youth setups in the game. Just won the Uefa Youth League last season and now more recently the Youth World Club championship. They have a number of highly tipped players in that team, though I think it's also down to the team as a whole and I'm not sure how many of them go on to be great. Plenty of good players there though. Antonio Silva has already been promoted from that team to the first team and is having a good season. I was going to bid on him in our keeper league, but somebody beat me to it and it's someone I can't counter. Also, Florentino Luis seems to be hitting his stride this season by all accounts and he also was in the youth setup.

And in other news:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

Liverpool are now the laughing stock of all clubs.

Refusing to invest all of last summer on midfield (while by far the number 1 need) and now expected to pay at the very least 3/4 times the value(if not more) to the same players available last summer.

What the f*** did they do last summer? Either they planned like shit or they truly believed the midfield was good enough.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Lol

they could've just brought him from River. It's hilarious how dumb some big european club are, you need him to play 10 games at PORTUGUESE League to have proof he is good enough for Europe then pay 10x more? no disrespect for Liga Nos, but outside of Benfica, Porto, Sporting and Braga it's a shitshow filled with failed prospects from Brazil

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Benfica have one of the best youth setups in the game. Just won the Uefa Youth League last season and now more recently the Youth World Club championship. They have a number of highly tipped players in that team, though I think it's also down to the team as a whole and I'm not sure how many of them go on to be great. Plenty of good players there though. Antonio Silva has already been promoted from that team to the first team and is having a good season. I was going to bid on him in our keeper league, but somebody beat me to it and it's someone I can't counter. Also, Florentino Luis seems to be hitting his stride this season by all accounts and he also was in the youth setup.

And in other news:

Absolutely.
Lol

they could've just brought him from River. It's hilarious how dumb some big european club are, you need him to play 10 games at PORTUGUESE League to have proof he is good enough for Europe then pay 10x more?
You are preaching to the choir. Nobody is happy. I’d say the new sporting director misread the market, but it’s not exactly like we signed players out of South America before either under Edwards; but I will say LFC have been burned by their South American signings not getting work permits before too.

Enzo also might have thought he was a guaranteed starter at Benfica and not at Liverpool and wanted guaranteed minutes which is certainly fair. Can’t exactly say Enzo and his team didn’t hit it out of the park by going to Benfica either. And Benfica will laugh their way to the bank next summer

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I did not know where to post this, so I figured out I would post it here:

PSG having 3 of the top 4, at these amounts, is f***ing crazy. Sure, they get a LOT of endorsement deals, but look at the salaries. At least twice what Hazard is making (#4 in terms of salary), three times in case of Mbappé. Ronaldo's salary is also crazy for what he brings nowadays.

Hazard is a pretty expensive benchwarmer :laugh:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

PSG having 3 of the top 4, at these amounts, is f***ing crazy. Sure, they get a LOT of endorsement deals, but look at the salaries. At least twice what Hazard is making (#4 in terms of salary), three times in case of Mbappé. Ronaldo's salary is also crazy for what he brings nowadays.

Good for Iniesta. Keep getting them cheques.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

I thought Man City had the most sponsorship deals in the premier league. Apparently it has not trickled down to KdB.

• Haha
Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad