Transfer: Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion - September

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
What’s shady about what Atletico is doing? If they want to hurt their team on the pitch to save money, how is that not their right? Unless there’s something about the issue I’m missing, I don’t see the problem.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
They will be next after STL, definitely before Sacramento.

Honestly I hope they stop adding teams though. The league is getting so diluted.
Sac needs a team bad. That fan base and that management group is top notch. They’re also building a soccer specific stadium right in the heart of downtown. Also the youth development market around here is so untapped.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Give the fact that they’re doing some shady shit I’m not surprised but go on barca is also in the wrong here…. Somehow.

Liverpool ready to make their offer… damn should be 2 billion just in case psg get desperate

Not without that release clause at 50m. That party is over. We will probably do what LH said and try to loan Pjanic in next

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not without that release clause at 50m. That party is over. We will probably do what LH said and try to loan Pjanic in next
It’s no fun like this… try for Pedri. I mean really nothing is stopping you from getting enzo in the summer. I honestly have a feeling the World Cup is where he will really breakout internationally.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It’s no fun like this… try for Pedri. I mean really nothing is stopping you from getting enzo in the summer. I honestly have a feeling the World Cup is where he will really breakout internationally.
Enzo definitely more likely than Pedri. Not sure he will leave Benfica to a non-UCL club though. You know I how felt about Enzo though. On the Gavi thing, my point was if they were going to spend 50m for a guy, they should have just paid Gavi release clause then. But that’s done (and was never there) so it’s onto the next one.

If LFC are going to keep reading the market so badly, they may as well start buying players from South America. If they are going to be stingy they can’t wait for those guys to go to Europe and have their value quadrupled. I hope that LFC realize they aren’t guaranteed for top four and are scouting accordingly.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Enzo definitely more likely than Pedri. Not sure he will leave Benfica to a non-UCL club though. You know I how felt about Enzo though. On the Gavi thing, my point was if they were going to spend 50m for a guy, they should have just paid Gavi release clause then. But that’s done (and was never there) so it’s onto the next one.

If LFC are going to keep reading the market so badly, they may as well start buying players from South America. If they are going to be stingy they can’t wait for those guys to go to Europe and have their value quadrupled. I hope that LFC realize they aren’t guaranteed for top four and are scouting accordingly.
Ah you’ll be fine for top 4. Hed still come see Martinez with united.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I don’t see how. There’s nothing unethical about conforming to the clause of an agreement.
I don't think it's unethical from a standpoint of the relationship between Barcelona and Atletico. I think it's kinda shady toward Griezmann unless they discussed this plan with him ahead of time and especially if they put incentives in his contract.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I don't think it's unethical from a standpoint of the relationship between Barcelona and Atletico. I think it's kinda shady toward Griezmann unless they discussed this plan with him ahead of time and especially if they put incentives in his contract.
Negotiating in bad faith

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Just take the 25M and call it a day. The deal is there and they should have negotiated it better in case Atlético wanted to play games. We did the same with Coutinho so we didn't pay extra millions, just saying

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Ah you’ll be fine for top 4. Hed still come see Martinez with united.
With Enzo we would have been. That “third” midfield spot is a mess. Elliott has been the best midfielder generating offense but he can’t defend against the chair that I am currently sitting on. None of the guys that press can run anymore. Keita is in exile and the rest are in the infirmary. Thiago is going to have to carry the team; if they are going to be in top 4 he cannot miss any more time.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
With Enzo we would have been. That “third” midfield spot is a mess. Elliott has been the best midfielder generating offense but he can’t defend against the chair that I am currently sitting on. None of the guys that press can run anymore. Keita is in exile and the rest are in the infirmary. Thiago is going to have to carry the team; if they are going to be in top 4 he cannot miss any more time.
What’s wrong with kieta?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Why take that kind of money when you can play Thursday nights in Cyprus?

I mean CR7’s driven by his ego mainly. He needs the CL record to boost his ego. Money obviously matters to him a bit, but not as much as feeding his ego.

What’s wrong with kieta?
I mean he’s not that good. And he’s also never healthy.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
What’s shady about what Atletico is doing? If they want to hurt their team on the pitch to save money, how is that not their right? Unless there’s something about the issue I’m missing, I don’t see the problem.

Yet were the roles reversed and it were Barca it'd be first page news and more than half this forum would be going apeshit.

Just take the 25M and call it a day. The deal is there and they should have negotiated it better in case Atlético wanted to play games. We did the same with Coutinho so we didn't pay extra millions, just saying

I agree. As much as I'd like to see us sue Atleti, not worth the time and money. Let them have so we never have to eat a penny on his contract again.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
What’s wrong with kieta?
Told LFC he didn’t want to extend at the contract they were offering, and Klopp sent him to the shadow realm. Hasn’t played all season. Is supposedly injured but got called up by Guinea. He’s done.

I mean he’s not that good. And he’s also never healthy.
Keita is very good whenever he can put a string of games together. But he’s never healthy. If he could play 30-35 games he would be TOTS caliber every year

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Told LFC he didn’t want to extend at the contract they were offering, and Klopp sent him to the shadow realm. Hasn’t played all season. Is supposedly injured but got called up by Guinea. He’s done.

Keita is very good whenever he can put a string of games together. But he’s never healthy. If he could play 30-35 games he would be TOTS caliber every year
Whenever I see him play I’m pretty whelmed. But that’s also probably “Bailly Syndrome” where he doesn’t look great because he’s always playing after decent amounts of time off

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Whenever I see him play I’m pretty whelmed. But that’s also probably “Bailly Syndrome” where he doesn’t look great because he’s always playing after decent amounts of time off
Definitely some Bailly Syndrome is a fair diagnosis. He’s had some amazing games for LFC but like most of the other midfielders, he just isn’t there enough. Last season alone, he was great in FA Cup semifinal against Man City. He was amazing at Old Trafford. He has definitely had some great games but he never can play more than 3 in a row. I won’t be sad when he leaves though. Liverpool need players that are durable.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad