Transfer: Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion - September

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Bild saying Chelsea conducted secret medicals of Nkunku in advance of his €60MM release clause in 2023.

Reactions: Blender

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yea seems really odd to do a medical and then let him play an entire season out of your control or oversight. Unless they had some underlying fear of a chronic condition and they wanted to get that out of the way with this medical and then will do the normal one next summer before the actual signing.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Not saying it's never happened, but getting a medical before a deal is that advanced seems a bit odd.

It's not that uncommon. Especially with moves that don't end up happening, there are often medicals way before any proposed transfer would've happened.

Not saying it won't happen, just that it happens a lot with moves that end up falling apart.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Watching Portugal - Spain at
Estádio Municipal de Braga
Wow... that is one super-unique stadium. In a rock quarry? Too cool.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
lol

I’m more interested in how much Chelsea spends again next summer. Balls out for Potter.
Think a lot of it will depend on how the forwards and Mendy fare.

Seems obvious enough they’ll be all in on Rice and Bellingham next summer with Kante and Jorgi out of contract. They don’t really have a choice, it is basically like the Rudiger/Christensen situation except harder to replace.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
If Nkunku goes to Chelsea for that much, I maybe a little angry at Perez. Why Do I feel like Perez is holding out for Mbappe
In 2024

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Romano has jumped the gun with everything involving Chelsea this summer and autumn. Been wrong a lot too. Chelsea need to figure out who is leaking to him

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
It depends. To me if they miss top 4 (or even top 6)

They would need to go full nuclear and break the core, I would only keep Fabinho(leadership), Alisson(leaderdhip), Tsimikas, Konate, VVD(leadership), Diaz, Jota, Nunez, Carvalho, Elliott, Bajcetic. Basically do a reset.

I would be open to sell: Thiago (not because I do not want him back but we need to find a GREAT replacement ASAP as LFC are WAY too relient on him and he is only getting older), Matip (see Thiago), Ox (free), Keita (free), Milner (free), Gomez (not good enough), TAA (way too inconsistent if we keep him he needs a decent challenger to his position), Robertson(Tsimikas can do the job), Henderson (too old), Salah(if we can get a great offer if not keep), Firmino (free), Jones (not good enough), Phillips (not good enough)

AND target only players entering their prime (from 20 years old to 25).

I know they won't do it but that team is getting way too complacent and slow. They are already 2 seasons too late in the rebuild.
I stand with what I have said. :lol:

Except also sell : Fabinho who is not good enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad