Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I haven't read the article to see if they are still saying that. I guess technically this is Bild instead of Sport Bild though. They have gotten some Dortmund stuff right recently like the Dembele transfer. They aren't the only source reporting this move of course.

I'm not criticizing the notion that Dahoud is going to BVB this summer, just the silly rumors about a buyout clause.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
TBH, I always feel like there's a big difference whether it's BILD PLUS news or standard news. The (+) stuff is usually more speculation/rumors/less substance, while when they have something solid, they want to get that to the full audience right away.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Now City wants Benjamin Mendy. A few hours before the game :laugh:
Could they make it more obvious?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
TBH, I always feel like there's a big difference whether it's BILD PLUS news or standard news. The (+) stuff is usually more speculation/rumors/less substance, while when they have something solid, they want to get that to the full audience right away.

Even regular BILD has terrible sources with BMG, which is why them reporting a buyout clause is so hard to believe. Especially after the way Dahoud's agent and management quashed that rumor when it first started last summer.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
L'Equipe reports that JK Augustin has rejected PSG's contract extension offer and has agreed with Dortmund on a salary for a summer transfer !
BVB are ready to pay 8M€ for him, but PSG is not seller since they let go Moussa Dembélé and Coman for nothing the last few years.
That said, Emery never gave him a fair chance to play, even though he rather impressed in his limited minutes.

Mbappé's sotck has risen apparently (I can't imagine scouts discovered him in that CL game or really it's getting pretty bad), and Bayern, Barca, Real, Tottenham and Arsenal have shown interest.
The plan for the team and the player though is to stay one more year as a full time starter, which makes sense one year before the WC.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
So it looks like Napoli and Ghoulam won't reach an agreement on his contract extension.

I jut hope he choses his next team wisely (by that I meann not stacked at the LB position)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So it looks like Napoli and Ghoulam won't reach an agreement on his contract extension.

I jut hope he choses his next team wisely (by that I meann not stacked at the LB position)

Would be very happy to have him at Liverpool

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lyon's president JM Aulas announces some selling next summer. Lacazette and Tolisso should be among them.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
L'Equipe reports that JK Augustin has rejected PSG's contract extension offer and has agreed with Dortmund on a salary for a summer transfer !
BVB are ready to pay 8M€ for him, but PSG is not seller since they let go Moussa Dembélé and Coman for nothing the last few years.
That said, Emery never gave him a fair chance to play, even though he rather impressed in his limited minutes.

I like him but it would be kind of a weird move when they just bought Isak. I guess if last summer is any indication, Dortmund isn't afraid of doubling down on the youth movement.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bild reporting that Ginter's representatives are talking with Leipzig. With Toprak joining Dortmund, one of the CB's was going to go. As long as its not Sokratis, it doesn't really matter which one. None are that good.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Bild reporting that Ginter's representatives are talking with Leipzig. With Toprak joining Dortmund, one of the CB's was going to go. As long as its not Sokratis, it doesn't really matter which one. None are that good.

Bender and Bartra should both be kept over Ginter. Bender is very good when healthy and Bartra has not been nearly bad enough not to merit a second year to establish himself. You know, like Ginter and every other player who didn't force their way out (Immobile) got.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bender and Bartra should both be kept over Ginter. Bender is very good when healthy and Bartra has not been nearly bad enough not to merit a second year to establish himself. You know, like Ginter and every other player who didn't force their way out (Immobile) got.

I don't have a strong opinion on this because I don't think any of the three are good enough to make a big fuss about. It made sense that Ginter was the odd man out of Bartra, Bender and Ginter. As you said, Bartra would always be getting the second season. How much value can Bender have with how much time he's missed this season? Ginter's the youngest of the three, and probably has the most value.

I still think another CB might be needed. While I am less worried about Bartra and Bender competing for places 3 and 4, and then there's Piszczek who can play RCB and Merino can play either CB position, none of these players are that good. There are tons of options for 3, 4, 5, 6, but we don't even know if Toprak at 2 is going to be that good. I've read that he's struggled at Leverkusen this season. This is one of Dortmund's major hurdles to competing with Bayern. Bayern is way better defensively. We can kind of compete offensively, not defensively. We need more quality at the back. It'd be nice if Dortmund did a spending spree on younger defenders, like with what happened for attackers last year.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I don't have a strong opinion on this because I don't think any of the three are good enough to make a big fuss about. It made sense that Ginter was the odd man out of Bartra, Bender and Ginter. As you said, Bartra would always be getting the second season. How much value can Bender have with how much time he's missed this season? Ginter's the youngest of the three, and probably has the most value.

I still think another CB might be needed. While I am less worried about Bartra and Bender competing for places 3 and 4, and then there's Piszczek who can play RCB and Merino can play either CB position, none of these players are that good. There are tons of options for 3, 4, 5, 6, but we don't even know if Toprak at 2 is going to be that good. I've read that he's struggled at Leverkusen this season. This is one of Dortmund's major hurdles to competing with Bayern. Bayern is way better defensively. We can kind of compete offensively, not defensively.

Bender has had several injury-plagued seasons before and he always came back and did well. There is a lot of evidence that injuries don't diminish his performance, and he's still only 27.

I have some misgivings about Toprak and yeah, he hasn't been good this year. Some might say that he already had his head at Dortmund, and I definitely rated him before. Bender, Sokratis, Toprak, and Bartra is a good group and I'm optimistic about them. Bender isn't a #3 guy either. He was more like #2 last year, and I expect him to be on the same level as Toprak and Sokratis when healthy. As I've said before, a lot of Dortmund's defensive issues aren't just on the personnel but structural and timing things.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Why? Is he just cashing them in while their value is high?

Change of scenery I guess. He needs some cash and he'll get 100M out of these two most likely.
Lyon will miss the CL remember. Then he'll buy a 30M target and be happy.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Change of scenery I guess. He needs some cash and he'll get 100M out of these two most likely.
Lyon will miss the CL remember. Then he'll buy a 30M target and be happy.

Kinda sucks. Hoped that they would be able to maintain the group of players.

Then again hopefully the new manager at Arsenal buys both lol.

I know wishful thinking.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Bender has had several injury-plagued seasons before and he always came back and did well. There is a lot of evidence that injuries don't diminish his performance, and he's still only 27.

I have some misgivings about Toprak and yeah, he hasn't been good this year. Some might say that he already had his head at Dortmund, and I definitely rated him before. Bender, Sokratis, Toprak, and Bartra is a good group and I'm optimistic about them. Bender isn't a #3 guy either. He was more like #2 last year, and I expect him to be on the same level as Toprak and Sokratis when healthy. As I've said before, a lot of Dortmund's defensive issues aren't just on the personnel but structural and timing things.

I think there will some movements on Dortmund anyway. Players like Weidenfeller, Kagawa, Sahin AND Götze I can see leave.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think there will some movements on Dortmund anyway. Players like Weidenfeller, Kagawa, Sahin AND Götze I can see leave.

Definitely Park as well. Maybe Merino. No one has any clue what's happening with him. There were rumors he might go out on loan in the January window. Mor is another one. What will happen with him? He's barely played this season.

Castro goes instead of Goetze. Goetze has been good. It seems like he might be having a problem with Tuchel, but there's no reason he should leave. He's a definite positive for the team.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Definitely Park as well. Maybe Merino. No one has any clue what's happening with him. There were rumors he might go out on loan in the January window. Mor is another one. What will happen with him? He's barely played this season.

Castro goes instead of Goetze. Goetze has been good. It seems like he might be having a problem with Tuchel, but there's no reason he should leave. He's a definite positive for the team.

If Tuchel stays (and I have my doubts he will) it must be clear for Götze another season on the bench might happen.
From what I read Klopp likes Götze and vice versa. Not saying it will be Liverpool, but I don't see Götze staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad