Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Right now, it's very easy to hate PSG.
They play miserable football, but act like senators on the field.
Guys like Di Maria are so lazy it's crazy and guys like Lucas think they are all stars even though they can't get finish to save their life.
Then add Aurier, no need to comment on him and a coach who smiles and is happy even when his team barely ties Ludogorest to lose its CL group and make everything he can to see his team underachieve.

Right now, everyone laughs at PSG (except the PSG fans of course, so I keep on poking fun at my son, who's amongst them :D ).

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
dumb if true started early in the year and wasn't very good, got injured a few times then once he returned continue to play ****...last game vs Sunderland had a decent 20 mins wouldn't be shocked to see him get a few more minuets if he can continue to play like that kind of like Mkhitaryan had to after the man city game.

Also i do suspect he doesn't play as much as he would want because he almost refuses to pass the ball or make a cross when he gets anywhere near the box always fake down the line cut back and hit the shot, gets very predictable to defend.

I think its a confidence issue with him. Right now he's badly out of form, and trying to do too much all the time. That might have been necessary last season when he was basically our only offensive threat, but not with Zlatan, Pogba, Mkhi all present. He did have a good cameo against Sunderland so I hope he gets the start vs Boro. Martial - Zlatan - Mkhi is by far our best attacking setup.

Only winger that's getting dumped in January is Depay.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Source was both a spanish newspaper and a PSG insider. No idea if one took from the other.

Only one way to find out.

I'm sure the U.K. Papers would love to continue the narrative that LFC can't get their targets though.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Relatively minor transfer on the global scale, but I know there are Belgians here...Gent will break their club transfer record to sign Hajduk goalkeeper Lovre Kalinic (approx. 3m euros). He also becomes the most expensive Croatian goalkeeper in terms of transfer fee, even more than Subasic and Pletikosa :sarcasm:

oilers92

Jan 26, 2010
Edmonton
I think its a confidence issue with him. Right now he's badly out of form, and trying to do too much all the time. That might have been necessary last season when he was basically our only offensive threat, but not with Zlatan, Pogba, Mkhi all present. He did have a good cameo against Sunderland so I hope he gets the start vs Boro. Martial - Zlatan - Mkhi is by far our best attacking setup.

Only winger that's getting dumped in January is Depay.

i completely agree, he has the potential to be something special, just needs to regain some form and mature his game and add something more then the me vs world philosophy he plays with right now. Wont be suprised to see him get some games as we have a run of easy games coming up in a short period of time. The rumor is pretty bs, also read that west ham sent a letter to united practically begging them to loan Martial and Rashford to them to help keep them up, silly season is truly on us once again.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
i completely agree, he has the potential to be something special, just needs to regain some form and mature his game and add something more then the me vs world philosophy he plays with right now. Wont be suprised to see him get some games as we have a run of easy games coming up in a short period of time. The rumor is pretty bs, also read that west ham sent a letter to united practically begging them to loan Martial and Rashford to them to help keep them up, silly season is truly on us once again.

He definitely has some development to do, but I cannot fault him for the bolded.

Especially prior to Rashford breaking out, Martial was the entire offensive threat. it was either take on the world, or wait for Fellani to provide service.

He needs to adjust. He will be fine.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Alario has agreed with PSG, who's still negociating with River Plate.
Meanwhile Rodriguez should be bought, but for next summer (Maxwell will be gone).

Also wild rumor of the day is that Klopp has phoned Jese, but he's very advanced with his talks with Las Palmas.

If PSG wants to sign someone from River it should be Driussi. Alario ain't nothing special... PSG could buy way better strikers or just give some playing time for prospects like Augustin and Odsonne Edouard.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Emery wants a backup for Cavani, which makes sense, but won't play Augustin to see what he's got.
So, that's typical Emery here.

oilers92

Jan 26, 2010
Edmonton
He definitely has some development to do, but I cannot fault him for the bolded.

Especially prior to Rashford breaking out, Martial was the entire offensive threat. it was either take on the world, or wait for Fellani to provide service.

He needs to adjust. He will be fine.

yes he was the only player worth anything last yr but he still hasn't figured out that changed, and that is the crux of the issue with him right now no team play and a lack of form this season. Hes got the potential to be great but to many young players have been where he is and not progressed to be able to play in a team full of star players but look like world beaters on a team where they are the star. I hope hes got it in him because if he does hes going to be something special.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Alario to PSG would be dumb from both sides. Alario is still relatively young and needs to go to a team where he can get some starts. While PSG already have young prospects that need playing time. Alario cannot aspire to become a top striker with PSG, he's an ok striker.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I hope Klopp brings in another winger but I wouldn't be surprised if he was experimenting with Moreno as a winger

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I hope Klopp brings in another winger but I wouldn't be surprised if he was experimenting with Moreno as a winger

David Maddock linked Promes earlier this week. He is just under the top tier of LFC sources.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
OM have made an offer for Amavi as well.
Rather than overpay for Ricardo Rodriguez or guys like that, PSG should buy young players like Amavi, or Ntep (on a free next summer), etc... Get guys with potential on their bench and never let future stars like Dembélé go abroad.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If PSG wants to sign someone from River it should be Driussi. Alario ain't nothing special... PSG could buy way better strikers or just give some playing time for prospects like Augustin and Odsonne Edouard.

NOPE.

He should go to Serie A to Roma preferably.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Both of the Guardian (Burt) and Telegraph (Taylor) are linking Liverpool to Oxlade-Chamberlain. That's a weird one.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Klopp on Oxlade-Chamberlain: "Usually I don't say anything about transfer rumours but this one is nonsense."

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Some rumours from Germany:

Podolski (Galatasaray) to China (9m euros in wages, fee unknown)
Chicharito (Leverkusen) to Chelsea
Ghoulam (Napoli) to Bayern

source is welt.de

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA