Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Agreed. Where were they in the last 6 months of Draxler speculation?

I don't think they were all that interested honestly. They were always unlikely to pay what PSG did. I wouldn't exactly say that they missed out though. Don't love the team fit.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Yeah, I liked Oscar. Really sad to see him go. What's with China scoring some good talent from Europe, though? I would think that if a good player wanted to play in Asia, it would be the J Legue in Japan.

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
United are close to signing Victor Lindelöf, if these Portuguese papers are to be believed.

Don't think he's United quality yet but the talent is there.

Meanwhile, he spends some quality time watching Hockeyallsvenskan in his hometown (lil bro plays for Västerås).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOVcnpQhjQI/

Slightly off-topic but since this is a hockey forum: he is good friends with both Dennis Rasmussen and William Karlsson.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yeah, I liked Oscar. Really sad to see him go. What's with China scoring some good talent from Europe, though? I would think that if a good player wanted to play in Asia, it would be the J Legue in Japan.

Oscar's salary at Chelsea (90k pounds a week) is something like 4 times as high as the highest paid J League players and he's expected to get a significant raise going to China.

The top talent is going to China because China is splashing tens of millions of dollars in transfer fees and spending hundreds of thousands a week on wages.

J league might have more success and a better continental record right now, but that will quickly change with the money China is spending.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Fingers crossed we turn around and spend this on Verratti.

I'm a little sad to see Oscar go, there are definitely some good memories of him in this team, especially in his first season when he, Mata, and Hazard formed such a good trio. I wonder what this means for him and the national team, as he's been a fixture in the #10 for Brazil yes?

No no, let us have Verratti, just think how great he would fit with us... ahhh, im gonna be so dissapointed when we dont sign him

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Fingers crossed we turn around and spend this on Verratti.

I'm a little sad to see Oscar go, there are definitely some good memories of him in this team, especially in his first season when he, Mata, and Hazard formed such a good trio. I wonder what this means for him and the national team, as he's been a fixture in the #10 for Brazil yes?

He hasn't been a regular lately. Coutinho, Neymar and Willian formed the 3 AMs behind the striker lately. But Brazil have been calling up players playing in China regularly. See Renato Augusto and Paulinho.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Juve triggers clause on Bentancur and will join them in June.

Juve also close to strike a deal with Atalanta for Mattia Caldara. He will stay with Atalanta until summer 2018.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Oscar's salary at Chelsea (90k pounds a week) is something like 4 times as high as the highest paid J League players and he's expected to get a significant raise going to China.

The top talent is going to China because China is splashing tens of millions of dollars in transfer fees and spending hundreds of thousands a week on wages.

J league might have more success and a better continental record right now, but that will quickly change with the money China is spending.

It's already changed. Look at the reason AFC Champions League Winners.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Sad to see Oscar go, but you can't pass up on that fee. I hope they turned around and reinvest that in some nice players.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Can one of the Dutch posters comment on whether Ajax will be selling Dolberg in the summer, how much he'd cost and whether he's worth the money?

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I think the odds are 80/20 in favour of staying. He has a smart head. He says he has lots to learn and that Ajax is the perfect place for it, seeing himself play in Amsterdam for years to come. I'll see him leave at the end of next season, if he continues to develop as rapidly.

Bids should start at 30 and could go up to 45M.

And yes, he is worth it. He's better than Milik, who went for 30 himself.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
De Laurentiis confirmed that Leonardo Pavoletti is set to have a medical at Napoli. €15million fee.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Some rumours of Barca buying Cancelo in the summer, latest figure thrown around being 30M

Another attack minded RB, doubt Lucho will be a fan, although I think he'll move on after this season

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
After from Messi/Iniesta/Xavi, Dani Alves was the most important piece for those Barca teams. Such a ridiculous player in his prime. Barcelona will never be able to replace him with somebody who comes close to what he brought.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
After from Messi/Iniesta/Xavi, Dani Alves was the most important piece for those Barca teams. Such a ridiculous player in his prime. Barcelona will never be able to replace him with somebody who comes close to what he brought.

Even past his prime he was an insane wing back. How's he been doing at Juve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad