Transfer: Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion - October-December

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Your club isn clinging on a fossil who needs to be replaced. Complaining about lack of options.
Kind of feels like LFC need to pick Thiago OR Fabinho next season and build around the other one

Varela to Newcastle is interesting because he Bruno has been playing in the middle of their three and that where Varela will have to play. Varela would let Bruno run a bit more loose which is probably a good thing but not sure I’d fix what isn’t broken; but he also prob doesn’t go straight into XI either. Nonetheless there is not a ton of downside here for Newcastle

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Enzo would do well to remember he is 21 and to keep his feet on the ground.

He needs to keep aiming high and growing as a player to fulfill all his ability and not decide he is more important than his club.

It just builds ill will and leaves a mark on his character to suitors. Not for now. His talent is too enticing but later on. I can understand why he might have wanted to go back but he needs to remember his professional obligations.

Look at the way Emi Martinez, Mac Allister and Alvarez are already throwing themselves back into training and messing around with their team mates.

Hope Lionel S also has a word. Messi too. He's a potential captain of the seleccion as well in 3-4 years.

Reactions: Peen

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Enzo would do well to remember he is 21 and to keep his feet on the ground.

He needs to keep aiming high and growing as a player to fulfill all his ability and not decide he is more important than his club.

It just builds ill will and leaves a mark on his character to suitors. Not for now. His talent is too enticing but later on. I can understand why he might have wanted to go back but he needs to remember his professional obligations.

Look at the way Emi Martinez, Mac Allister and Alvarez are already throwing themselves back into training and messing around with their team mates.

Hope Lionel S also has a word. Messi too. He's a potential captain of the seleccion as well in 3-4 years.
Yeah I wouldn’t be too concerned, him moving to Chelsea is a bigger issue imo.

Future captains are cuti, and the two Martinez’s. Imo

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

I forgot if this guy is reliable or not? Carlos is a different type of player so this is interesting.

120 million for Enzo with 40 million dollar Instalments.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I better f***ing hope so for that price
Teams have a lot deeper stats than what is public, but yea his stats are fantastic of course.

1672700345669.png

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Endo doesn't make Chelsea better because he's a replacement for N'golo, just like when United spend 100+ million on an MF, that is Pogba's eventual replacement since they have had nobody in that role except stopgaps.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I’ve spoken in the DMs with others that agree with me, but Chelsea is potentially a very bad spot for Enzo

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Couldn’t have picked a worse spot to go to. The team is a mess and needs surgery.
I guess the hope is he’s the one of the first parts of the surgery.

Pressure on him will be insane. Huge fee midseason, first established midfielder signing since Jorginho, team is struggling immensely as things stand, etc.

Summer first team buys have either underperformed or are flat out busts (Koulibaly). Same goes for Badiashile now, given the aforementioned.

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Pressure on him will be insane. Huge fee midseason, first established midfielder signing since Jorginho, team is struggling immensely as things stand, etc.

Summer first team buys have either underperformed or are flat out busts (Koulibaly). Same goes for Badiashile now, given the aforementioned.
Yea pressure on him is going to be huge. The expectation is that he fixes our midfield and becomes the motor of the squad similar to how Kante was when fit. We've been severely lacking that player as Jorginho is way too passive and Kovacic is also either hurt all the time or tends not to do much in the final third.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Yea pressure on him is going to be huge. The expectation is that he fixes our midfield and becomes the motor of the squad similar to how Kante was when fit. We've been severely lacking that player as Jorginho is way too passive and Kovacic is also either hurt all the time or tends not to do much in the final third.
Quite a few young signings at this point over the last six months.

Chukwuekema, Slonina, Fofana, Omari Hutchinson, Zak Sturge, Casadei, David Fofana, Andrey Santos, Badiashile, Enzo.

They need these guys to hit sooner rather than later given the problems the squad has, which adds unfair pressure.

Reactions: Blender

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

I mean that’s the idea but with potter who’s unproven and looking (early still) do they have a plan? That’s my main concern. Buying random players and hoping it works out ala United before Ten Hag

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
I mean that’s the idea but with potter who’s unproven and looking (early still) do they have a plan? That’s my main concern. Buying random players and hoping it works out ala United before Ten Hag
I don’t think there has been a clearly articulated plan from ownership yet so I think it is totally fair and deserved to question what their exact plan is.

I think you can piece together tidbits from what they have said and what the ITK’s have suggested.

The most recent stuff has been that they want to sell players on putting together crops of elite young talent. Multi club model, better integration of the academy, better future planning, etc.

Who knows. In the short term, health will dictate a lot of how Enzo’s integration goes (and a new RWB). The Chelsea squad is just so slow and old with Jorginho, Thiago, Koulibaly, Azpi. Not as if Cucurella is quick either, and it worsens given how he presses and leaves slower players behind him even more isolated if the ball gets past him.

Also lack pace up front, especially with Werner gone. Knew that they would miss him.

Putting Enzo in a team that’s got some younger energy and health (Kovacic, RJ, Fofana, Chilwell) is a better environment.

Also these last handful of games under Potter have been horrid. I get that you need to give time to a coach to let him cook, as seen with Arteta, but what Arteta inherited was worse than what Potter will theoretically have to work with once the team gets a bit more healthy.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Big fan of Enzo but that price is insane for him. One of the biggest overpayment I’ve ever seen. I really hope he succeeds at Chelsea but as others have already said it’s not the best place to go right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad