Transfer: Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion - October-December

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Leipzig are being linked to Stach as a replacement for Laimer, that would be cool.

EDIT:
I'm not sure he's ever going to be a NT-starter, but I like Stach a lot and definitely think he can be a CL-starter. We still don't have another Kimmich or Lahm that has broken through to the senior level, but I'm starting to feel better about our depth at the 6 moving forward.

Our B-prospects have been doing quite well in recent seasons; with the likes of Stach, Janelt, & Stiller solidifying themselves as first-division-starter quality players...while younger kids like Breithaupt, Martel, & Krauß; who are just making that jump this season; have been having very successful seasons.

...still would love for Noel Aseko Nkili or Samuele di Benedetto to hit, because those kids look like true bluechippers at the 6. But even without a true A-talent at that spot, things have rapidly become less dire behind the free-thinker...

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Man City linked with Perrone
Newcastle linked with Varela
Southampton linked with Alvarez

Secret is out on the Argentina league is out. Poor MLS

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I don't remember Neymar going to SA without agreement from his club. Nor missing practices.

Neither did Enzo according to this

Man City linked with Perrone
Newcastle linked with Varela
Southampton linked with Alvarez

Secret is out on the Argentina league is out. Poor MLS
A lot of it is down to the meteoric rise of Enzo. A couple of busts would see a return to normalcy

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Neither did Enzo according to this

A lot of it is down to the meteoric rise of Enzo. A couple of busts would see a return to normalcy

Sure but teams are going to be terrified to miss those Enzo/Alvarez guys now. Onus will be on development

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Leipzig are being linked to Stach as a replacement for Laimer, that would be cool.
Seeing anything on Thuram to United? I swear I saw a tweet from Bild last night linking us to him, but I can’t find it.

Probably just a fever dream tbf.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Seeing anything on Thuram to United? I swear I saw a tweet from Bild last night linking us to him, but I can’t find it.

Probably just a fever dream tbf.

Nah, United is one of the four teams reportedly still in the mix for him along with Bayern, PSG, & Inter. Expected 12M transfer fee cause he's expiring this summer.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Damn fever dreams.

There have been a few german reports claiming that Bild has reported that it's down to the 4 teams I mentioned in my last post.

...but googling BILD and Thuram, the most recent article I found was an interview with BMG's new sporting director from 3 days ago; in which he said that at the currently discussed figures, it could make more sense for them to just hold onto Thuram and hope he helps fire them back into Europe.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Haven't seen any german reports saying that anything is far along with Kolo Muani as he'd like to stay at SGE for the rest of the season. Though in german reports Milan & ManU are the teams battling Bayern, not LFC & Tottenham...kicker reporting that Ten Hag wants Kolo Muani, Thuram, or Joao Felix to replace Rapey-Ronaldo.

E:
Speaking of kicker, the top news on their page is SGE's Sporting Director confirming that there will be no winter-transfer for Kolo Muani.

Reactions: Gecklund

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Haven't seen any german reports saying that anything is far along with Kolo Muani as he'd like to stay at SGE for the rest of the season. Though in german reports Milan & ManU are the teams battling Bayern, not LFC & Tottenham.
I don’t know man, sounds like Everton ready to strike….

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Bayern seems set to sign Sommer to replace Neuer. Was a rumor from sky yesterday that BMG wanted Matt Ryan to replace him, but that doesn't make much sense given his limitations with the ball.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Haven't seen any german reports saying that anything is far along with Kolo Muani as he'd like to stay at SGE for the rest of the season. Though in german reports Milan & ManU are the teams battling Bayern, not LFC & Tottenham...kicker reporting that Ten Hag wants Kolo Muani, Thuram, or Joao Felix to replace Rapey-Ronaldo.

E:
Speaking of kicker, the top news on their page is SGE's Sporting Director confirming that there will be no winter-transfer for Kolo Muani.
Yeah that’s what I read too. It’s really weird because L Equipe said yesterday United and Bayern (don’t think there was a mention about Milan but could be wrong I saw United and got distracted) and they also talked about how a winter transfer isn’t likely.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah that’s what I read too. It’s really weird because L Equipe said yesterday United and Bayern (don’t think there was a mention about Milan but could be wrong I saw United and got distracted) and they also talked about how a winter transfer isn’t likely.

Milan was being linked to him before the WM, when a fee around 30-40M was being speculated...so I think they still get mentioned because of that. I'm doubtful that they're ready to pay the 60M that Frankfurt is now reported to be demanding.

EDIT:
Transitioning from Kimmich-Goretzka to Gravenberch-Kone would be such a Bayern move. Luckily I'm skeptical that they go after Kone since their move for Laimer seems set to go ahead; thus Leipzig's interest in Stach...and with Kimmich, Goretzka, Sabitzer, Laimer, Gravenberch, attacking midfielders that can play deeper (like Musiala or Wanner), and their academy kids (Aydin, Aseko, etc.); they wouldn't have the need or PT for Kone.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

The scary thing is LFC need Bellingham AND Kone and of course (at the least) this is being framed as one or the other. They need both. Romano also stealing the Kone link from Mel Reddy.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The scary thing is LFC need Bellingham AND Kone and of course (at the least) this is being framed as one or the other. They need both. Romano also stealing the Kone link from Mel Reddy.

Just listen to evilo and use the Bellingham money to sign Kone from BMG & Thuram from Nice...

...Kone & Jude would be a little too redundant anyway, since both are the kind of 8s that you want to have the freedom to drive the ball forward & join the attack. Kone being an even trickier dribbler than Jude...although his final-third contributions aren't of the same caliber (at least atm).

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Just listen to evilo and use the Bellingham money to sign Kone from BMG & Thuram from Nice...

...Kone & Jude would be a little too redundant anyway, since both are the kind of 8s that you want to have the freedom to drive the ball forward & join the attack. Kone being an even trickier dribbler than Jude...although his final-third contributions aren't of the same caliber (at least atm).
If it was up to me. LFC need at least one, probably two starting caliber guys. Kone I have always liked but he might be a bit raw right now. Thuram probably more raw than Kone. It’s a lousy situation. I think this waiting for Bellingham is insane.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If it was up to me. LFC need at least one, probably two starting caliber guys. Kone I have always liked but he might be a bit raw right now. Thuram probably more raw than Kone. It’s a lousy situation. I think this waiting for Bellingham is insane.

Like most teams, you should've signed Mohamed Camara last summer. You may have wanted to upgrade on him eventually...as I'm not sure just how high his ceilings is...but for Salzburg, he looked like could definitely help a club like LFC or Bayern transition to a new generation in midfield.

I also think Seiwald could be a good cheaper option that can step in & start capably for you, even if he never grows into the world-class 8 that Jude has become. The kid's just an ideal Klopp midfielder who could help energize that unit whenever he rotated in.

You could've had those two, AND both Kone & Thuram for around what Jude will cost on his own. Add a veteran leader like Fabinho to that quartet, plus Elliott/Carvahlo further up the pitch, and your midfield would be in very nice shape.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Like most teams, you should've signed Mohamed Camara last summer. You may have wanted to upgrade on him eventually...as I'm not sure just how high his ceilings is...but for Salzburg, he looked like could definitely help a club like LFC or Bayern transition to a new generation in midfield.

I also think Seiwald could be a good cheaper option that can step in & start capably for you, even if he never grows into the world-class 8 that Jude has become. The kid's just an ideal Klopp midfielder who could help energize that unit whenever he rotated in.

You could've had those two, AND both Kone & Thuram for around what Jude will cost on his own. Add a veteran leader like Fabinho to that quartet, plus Elliott/Carvahlo further up the pitch, and your midfield would be in very nice shape.
I don’t think any of those are bad names. And to an extent I agree. But they do need a franchise player in the midfield too. I think LFC are stuck on this. I think they’ve disqualified some players from consideration that they should not have and now they are backed into a corner because they’ve been talking about Jude for two years.

But as I said if I was like Everton instead of LFC I’d sign all the dudes and just roll the dice on most of them hitting. The issue that LFC has is those developmental slots are already taken by Elliott and Carvalho; so they’d rather keep with those guys as opposed to bring in some dice rolls. I am not saying this perception is correct though.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don’t think any of those are bad names. And to an extent I agree. But they do need a franchise player in the midfield too. I think LFC are stuck on this. I think they’ve disqualified some players from consideration that they should not have and now they are backed into a corner because they’ve been talking about Jude for two years

I mean, you could've afforded to grab Camara, Seiwald, & Thuram, AND see if you'll be able to beat Real & co. to Bellingham...or if Kone will be your best option. Especially if letting your midfield deteriorate while you wait around for Jude's decision, ends up costing you a top 4 finish.

Missing the CL once wouldn't cost you the full 70-80M difference between Kone & Jude's likely pricetags, but it's not like spending the 60-80M that Camara, Seiwald, & Thuram should cost, would've prevented you from paying for Jude if he did pick you this summer.

Plus it's not like you had a Bellingham the last time you won trophies :dunno:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille