OT - NO POLITICS Winter Olympics - NO politics - Peter Cehlarik eliminates Team USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
The first game Canada played , Julien was not behind the bench, it was Colliton and they looked great, strong fore-check and pressuring the puck, lead to a quick lead and they cruised from there. Once Claude started coaching, that was it for any offensive creativity and it was all about a grinding type style of game. I think Julien was a horrible choice for this type of tournament, he is an old school guy that will never change.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2022-2-16_11-10-52.png

Reactions: Mione134

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Rooting for Slovakia all the way. I have Slovak heritage, they've got Ramsey, they've got Cehlarik. It'd be nice for them to earn a medal at least.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The U.S. men’s curling team got the help it needed Wednesday in its pursuit of the final spot in the semifinals.

With losses Wednesday by both Switzerland and the team from the Russian Olympic Committee, all John Shuster’s team needs to do now is defeat Denmark in the final game of round-robin play and they’ll clinch a spot in the final four for the second straight Olympics.

Switzerland lost to China on Wednesday, 6-5, and the ROC lost to Great Britain, 8-6, effectively eliminating both teams from the medal rounds.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
That's what happens when one country doesn't take the sport seriously. Hopefully they learn something from seeing the Swedes up close.
Yes I agree, Sweden plays that tight D type of game and with Julien as coach that is the way he wanted Canada to play. I thought Finland and USA looked the best this tournament. Canada needs o realize bring in old vets does not work.

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
I haven't really followed the Olympics but I heard about this Russian Figuer Skater.

Why is there no medal ceremony?

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I haven't really followed the Olympics but I heard about this Russian Figuer Skater.

Why is there no medal ceremony?

She blew a positive, but some loophole is being exploited (she's 15 years old) to keep her in the games. Tara Lipinski tore her a new one after the short program. Said "no one should've seen that skate" and "I've been calling her the best skater ever and all that is over, which has me confused and angry". Her partner also apologized to the other skaters that her drama is taking away from their Olympics. She was ruthless, in a skating commentator way.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC and Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
She blew a positive, but some loophole is being exploited (she's 15 years old) to keep her in the games. Tara Lipinski tore her a new one after the short program. Said "no one should've seen that skate" and "I've been calling her the best skater ever and all that is over, which has me confused and angry". Her partner also apologized to the other skaters that her drama is taking away from their Olympics. She was ruthless, in a skating commentator way.
Tara won the gold at 15 so her comments really hit harder and highlights how ridiculous it is to now use that age to excuse doping.

Hearing Scott Hamilton commenting on her and her teammates then being over-scored on top of being allowed to skate gave me goosebumps. Scott Hamilton toes the company line all the time so to hear him be this blunt was powerful.

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad