OT - NO POLITICS Winter Olympics - NO politics - Peter Cehlarik eliminates Team USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I feel bad for her - she has no control of the vitamins they give her.
They aren't hiding this stuff in vitamins. They are flat out giving them the actual pills and they know they have to take them and stay quiet.

I suspect that this investigation is going to uncover that the entire operation at that club is based on child abuse and doping

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
They aren't hiding this stuff in vitamins. They are flat out giving them the actual pills and they know they have to take them and stay quiet.

I suspect that this investigation is going to uncover that the entire operation at that club is based on child abuse and doping

My point was she most likely didn't know what was in the pill.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Just the fact the "ROC" is allowed to compete makes this a shit show. They built a freaking lab with a secret door to the room next to it so they could swap out samples! What does a country have to do to actually be banned from the games?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
She's 15 and lives under a dictatorship. Even if you don't want to give her the benefit of the doubt, what choice do you think she actually had even if she knew exactly what they were giving her and why?

Which is why her not placing in the medals today, while her two training partners won gold and silver, is still laughable. So out of the three who live and train together, the only one the powers above were making use banned substances was her? Yeah no. The suspension of disbelief is too big to get past on this one.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
She's 15 and lives under a dictatorship. Even if you don't want to give her the benefit of the doubt, what choice do you think she actually had even if she knew exactly what they were giving her and why?
I think she knew they would help her but I don't think she knew just how they would help her or that it was a banned substance.

For all we know they could have slipped it in the very limited amount of food she is allowed to eat in a day

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Tough to watch that and think "karma" took care of things. She's 15, almost certainly had no idea what they were pumping into her body, and she ws the one who had to go out there and have the whole world rooting against her.

Meanwhile, Russia still gets to take home gold and silver. If anything what just happened made the whole thing so much worse. She's just a kid. No kid deserves any of this.

This all goes back to the IOC kissing Putin's ass and letting Russia off easy for something that should have led to a lengthy ban on competing.
Agree, no Russian athletes should be allowed to participate for the next 10 years and none of this ROC crap.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
sigh

upload_2022-2-17_9-50-55.png

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
i dont even really understand what happened, did only russian citizens make it into the end, and because one broke the rules the olympic heads made it so no one could medal?
There is not enough time or space to explain everything but essentially the hand picked superstar tested positive for heart drugs and then was allowed to skate and then went out and fell apart and landed in 4th place. Her teammates went out and skated and landed a ridiculous amount of jumps.

The girl who won 2nd thought the Gold was hers because of her jumps and then she melted down and yelled at her coach

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
I feel bad for the Gold medalist (if she is clean). The whole team left her there alone.

The Olympics are so corrupt and a farce now. But its still fun watching the non-visible sports like biathalon and x-country skiing.

Enjoyed watching Skeleton, they're nuts.

Reactions: Bruinaura

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Glad Sherbakova won. She was by far the most beautiful skater in the competition, She had technical skill and artistry.

Honestly I think Skating did this to themselves when they switched to the ridiculous new scoring system, which turns the event into something more like halfpipe, where it is all about throwing big technical elements. And has reduced the artistic part of the sport to a shadow of what it once was.

I feel for Kamila. I don't know how anyone with a heart couldn't What she went through today was just tragic to see out there. I worry deeply about what happens to her next

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad