OT: Winter Olympics 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
No Hudler does seem rather silly. Perhaps he is getting the Bobby Ryan treatment in terms of his foot speed, how they feel about his compete level and his placement in the Top 6 being necessary in their opinion.

I think they are wrong when I look at the guys beating him out, but we will have to wait and see.

Also Petr Nedved is still playing well enough to make a national team? Wow, good for him that is 20 years between Olympic games.

Going to guess that is a record in terms of any person/event in the Olympics.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I think there will be some returnees (Marleau, Nash, E. Staal are likely candidates) that Canadian hockey fans won't be thrilled about.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I think there will be some returnees (Marleau, Nash, E. Staal are likely candidates) that Canadian hockey fans won't be thrilled about.

I agree. I think a lot of the roster is going to be players people won't be happy with. I will be interested in the reaction if Kunitz is taken.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I agree. I think a lot of the roster is going to be players people won't be happy with. I will be interested in the reaction if Kunitz is taken.

I wouldn't hate if Kunitz was there simply because Babcock's lines will be all over the place. I doubt that if Kunitz goes it means that he is getting 1st line minutes on Sid's wing.

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
I wouldn't hate if Kunitz was there simply because Babcock's lines will be all over the place. I doubt that if Kunitz goes it means that he is getting 1st line minutes on Sid's wing.

That is my feeling as well. I get the feeling Babcock might try using Kunitz as a fourth line grinder.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Slovak roster was just announced:

Goalies: Jaroslav Halák, Peter Budaj, Ján Laco

Defence: Zdeno Chára, Andrej Sekera, Ľubomír Višňovský, Andrej Meszároš, Dominik Graňák, Ivan Baranka, Michal Sersen, Martin Marinčin,

Offence: Tomáš Tatar, Michal Handzuš, Marián Hossa, Richard Pánik, Tomáš Kopecký, Marián Gáborík, Marcel Hossa, Tomáš Marcinko, Tomáš Záborský, Milan Bartovič, Tomáš Jurčo, Tomáš Surový, Peter Olvecký, Michel Miklík

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
Offence: Tomáš Tatar, Michal HandzuÅ¡, Marián Hossa, Richard Pánik, Tomáš Kopecký, Marián Gáborík, Marcel Hossa, Tomáš Marcinko, Tomáš Záborský, Milan Bartovič, Tomáš Jurčo, Tomáš Surový, Peter Olvecký, Michel Miklík

Good to see. I wouldn't mind seeing one of them play the opposite wing as Hossa.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Swedish coach said Kronwall, Ericsson, Zetterberg and Franzen were named to the team already during summer camp. (and 10 others)

Alfie and Gustavsson made the team too, btw.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Swedish coach said Kronwall, Ericsson, Zetterberg and Franzen were named to the team already during summer camp. (and 10 others)

Alfie and Gustavsson made the team too, btw.

I wonder who will get regular playing time amongst the 6 Wings on Sweden's roster. Z for sure if he's healthy. Same for Franzen and Kronwall. I hope Alfie does. Not sure about Ericsson though. And if Gustavsson is in net then that's probably not a good sign for them.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance 1 h
Asked Nicklas Lidstrom to break down Sweden's defense & he mentioned Brodin as a guy he was excited about. Brodin omission surprising.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I wonder who will get regular playing time amongst the 6 Wings on Sweden's roster. Z for sure if he's healthy. Same for Franzen and Kronwall. I hope Alfie does. Not sure about Ericsson though. And if Gustavsson is in net then that's probably not a good sign for them.

I think you're gonna see the chemistry that's already in the NHL to be translated to this team. That's how I read it through the lines.

So duos to look for when making lines:
Sedin-Sedin (duh)
Zetterberg-Franzen
Steen-Berglund
Kronwall-Ericsson
Hjalmarsson-Oduya

By the sounds Zetterberg could be playing wing on this team.

Edler is suspended and Tallinder will be extra guy on defense to start.

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
I doubt that it's any different from last time. Hard to leave Kunitz off while him and Crosby have been so good together. The Carter decision is strange though.

That is the one that puzzles me. I don't get taking Carter over some of the guys who were omitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille