Jul 27, 2010
Parise-Kesler-Kane
JVR-Pavelski-Kessel
Pacioretty-Backes-Oshie
Callahan-Stepan/Stastny-Brown

Suter-Carlson
Mcdonagh-Shattenkirk
Fowler-Faulk

That would be pretty cool. I really hope we do LH-RH for every D pairing.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
really don't like the Orpik pick. Just too damn slow. I'd have taken either of the Johnsons over him. Up front, I'd have liked to see Saad make it.

Brandel*

Parise-Kesler-Kane
JVR-Pavelski-Kessel
Pacioretty-Backes-Oshie
Callahan-Stepan/Stastny-Brown

Suter-Carlson
Mcdonagh-Shattenkirk
Fowler-Faulk

That would be pretty cool. I really hope we do LH-RH for every D pairing.

would the first line not be Kessel - Kesler - Kane ?

and would Martin not be top 6?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
would the first line not be Kessel - Kesler - Kane ?

and would Martin not be top 6?

Martin is on the Top pairing on the right side that was pretty clear in their leaked plans.

Both Kessel and Kane are right wingers. A big reason JVR was pretty high up on the list on this team and seemed to pull away from the danger zone is Kessel, so he will be a second liner.

I mean sure they could mix and match we will see, I am curious to see what they do with teammates and where they slot in. Some of the lines we have always thought would happen are not in play if they want to put these guys together. Also if an injury happens Saad and Kane having played together some could also drastically change some of this. Think we will have a better picture closer to the actual games.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
US roster is just plain solid all around. I just hope one of the goaltenders can take control and be THE starter.

Me too. And I hope it's Miller.

This team may not win it all, but they're not going to be an easy out.

Really surprised by Ryan's omission. I get that Callahan brings a different element, but he's not having a very good season and his game has definitely declined from 2010.

Perd Hapley

Ya Heard With Perd
Jul 9, 2010
Me too. And I hope it's Miller.

This team may not win it all, but they're not going to be an easy out.

Really surprised by Ryan's omission. I get that Callahan brings a different element, but he's not having a very good season and his game has definitely declined from 2010.

While I agree Callahan isn't the same player he was four years ago, he and Ryan weren't competing for the same spot. From the article it seemed that Ryan was in direct competition with JVR because he wasn't going to be on the pk like Callahan will. Pacioretty and Wheeler got the nod over him because of foot speed and versatility, it's disappointing to leave a great player like him home but it shows how much USA hockey has grown in the last four years when we can afford to do it.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Dustin Brown shouldn't be there IMO. This team is loaded with leadership and grit. That's basically all Brown has been bringing lately. He's slow and hasn't been producing. His knees are jacked. I think he's going to come away looking pretty bad on the big ice.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
when is canadas announced?

duchene-crosby-tavares
benn-stamkos-st louis
couture-toews-giroux
lucic-getzlaf-lperry
bergeron

weber-doughty
pieterangelo-subban
keith-seabrook
bouwmeester

price
luongo
smith?

Apr 14, 2009
Canada

duchene-crosby-tavares
benn-stamkos-st louis
couture-toews-giroux
lucic-getzlaf-lperry
bergeron

weber-doughty
pieterangelo-subban
keith-seabrook
bouwmeester

price
luongo
smith?

Your team looks pretty solid. I would include Patrick Sharp and Eric Staal, and get rid of Lucic. I don't like Lucic, I know he's tough, but still there are better players out there. James Neal and Tyler Seguin are also lighting it up, and may play there way onto the team. I also like Hall, and if I was picking the team, I'd take him, but don't think he will be chosen.

On D, I'd make room for M-E Vlasic. They will carry 8 D, so I have no issues with the 7 you named and Vlasic.

As for the goalies, Price and Luongo are locks, with the 3rd string likely going to one of Smith, Crawford or Fleury. Fleury has played his way back into contention in my opinion. 2.15 GAA, 0.920 s%, 22 W, 3 so. Those are solid numbers.

Brandel*

duchene-crosby-tavares
benn-stamkos-st louis
couture-toews-giroux
lucic-getzlaf-lperry
bergeron

weber-doughty
pieterangelo-subban
keith-seabrook
bouwmeester

price
luongo
smith?

switch stammer with tavares for sure

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I think Z, Kronner, Alfie, Mule and Gustavsson will be named. Ericsson's injury might have come at a bad time.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Any chance for Nyquist?

Eriksson, Franzen and Steen are all injured right now but I expect them to be named initially. I think it will take injuries for Nyquist to make it. I have Sedin, Eriksson, Steen, Franzen, Alfie, Landeskog, Hornqvist, Hagelin, Johansson as our wingers. Silfverberg, Zibanejad, Nyquist, Stalberg the guys on the outside looking in.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Polie did a great job, Looking at the roster, they made a great team on theory. Of course, whether it plays out as planned, it remains to be seen. Still U.S has less pressure than team canada so they can do whatever they want pretty much.

btw anyone seen this article?
Canadian men's Olympic hockey team projected to finish seventh?

I dont think Canada will finish seventh but if Canada underestimates the impact of bigger ice, and tries the same formula that worked 4 years ago, a lot of canadians will be disappointed after sochi.

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
OT: Olympic hockey tournament

Hudler was left out from Czechs Olympic Team. Also no Kindl there.

http://www.hokej.cz/cz/reprezentace...as-ci-nedved-na-olympiadu-se-nepodiva-hudler/

Brankáři:

Ondřej Pavelec (Winnipeg, NHL)
Jakub Kovář (Jekatěrinburg, KHL)
Alexander Salák (Petrohrad, KHL).

Obránci:

RD, Marek Židlický (New Jersey, NHL)
RD, Radko Gudas (Tampa Bay, NHL)
RD, Michal Rozsíval (Chicago, NHL)
LD, Ladislav Šmíd (Calgary, NHL)
RD, Zbyněk Michálek (Phoenix, NHL)
LD, Lukáš Krajíček (Dynamo Minsk, KHL)
LD, Michal Barinka (HC Vítkovice Steel)
LD, Tomáš Kaberle (Rytíři Kladno).

Útočníci:

RW, Jaromír Jágr
C/LW, Patrik Eliáš (oba New Jersey, NHL)
C, Tomáš Plekanec (Montreal, NHL)
RW, Aleš Hemský (Edmonton, NHL)
C, David Krejčí (Boston, NHL)
RW, Jakub Voráček (Philadelphia, NHL)
C/LW, Vladimír Sobotka (St. Louis, NHL)
LW, Milan Michálek (Ottawa, NHL)
C, Martin Hanzal (Phoenix, NHL)
RW, Michael Frolík (Winnipeg, NHL)
LW, Ondřej Palát (Tampa Bay, NHL)
C, Roman Červenka (Petrohrad, KHL)
LW, Jiří Novotný (Lev Praha, KHL)
C, Petr Nedvěd (Bílí Tygři Liberec)