Pre-Game Talk: Winter Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Everyone that is saying if we lose, Therrien is fired, clearly didn't see Bergy's press conference after he signed scriv.

He said that the firing of Therrien never even crossed his mind and that he has complete and utter faith in him, talking about how they were considering him to coach hockey canada's team.

Also said something about how he doesn't start throwing people under the bus when the going gets tough.

I think the ONLY way Therrien gets fired is if Bergy does too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now onto the WC.

Subban will have a hell of a game, but still not come up on the scoresheet, and probably get an emotional penalty that costs us.

Beaulieu gets a goal.

Eller gets a goal.

Markov hits three posts.

Gallagher won't make it for the game.

Galchenyuk will get 2 As

Game tied at 2-2 either Pleks, Patches, or Mitchell will score the game winner

Habs will win 3-2.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
While I am not happy with this team I would never cheer that they lose...no way

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
While I am not happy with this team I would never cheer that they lose...no way

I agree. How much rope would you give to someone hoping Therrien freezes his balls off? :sarcasm:

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
Anyone know where i can get a flat rim hat with the classic logo on it and it is plain black or blue?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Habs need size, would bringing DLR back up help? He is starting to produce ever slightly but his skating and defensive awareness along with a big body could help...

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Play McCarron,Tinordi,DLR,Pateryn,Emelin.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Eller-Galchenyuk-Ghetto
DLR-McCarron-DSP
DD-Mitchell-Weise

Beaulieu-Subban
Emelin-Petry
Tinordi-Pateryn

semi joking

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Those of you driving to Foxborough there does not appear to be any weather issues outside if fog in the mountains.

Lastest forecast from WCVB

http://www.wcvb.com/weather/harveys...=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=wcvb

If you are coming down on Interstate 93 - you best option is taking 495 South of 93 and go 60 miles to US 1 NORTH and the stadium is just a couple of miles up. By doing this you will avoid all the traffic from Boston itself headed to the stadium.

Any questions feel free to PM me.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Those of you driving to Foxborough there does not appear to be any weather issues outside if fog in the mountains.

Lastest forecast from WCVB

http://www.wcvb.com/weather/harveys...=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=wcvb

If you are coming down on Interstate 93 - you best option is taking 495 South of 93 and go 60 miles to US 1 NORTH and the stadium is just a couple of miles up. By doing this you will avoid all the traffic from Boston itself headed to the stadium.

Any questions feel free to PM me.

I can't believe you're continuing to be so nice with all the unsavory comments about Bruin fans that are dropped here. You're making it extremely difficult to foster a rivalry, you can't possibly go on like this. ;)

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Everyone that is saying if we lose, Therrien is fired, clearly didn't see Bergy's press conference after he signed scriv.

He said that the firing of Therrien never even crossed his mind and that he has complete and utter faith in him, talking about how they were considering him to coach hockey canada's team.

Also said something about how he doesn't start throwing people under the bus when the going gets tough.

And you clearly missed Gainey's press conference in 2009 in which he said similar things about Carbonneau only to fire him a couple of days later. If Bergevin is willing to lose his job only to salvage his buddy's reputation he's dumber than I thought.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
How about a 9-1 loss? With Galchenyuk getting only 12 min. and scoring our only goal?

Would that get Therrien fired?

And the best thing is that Marchand wouldn't be able to pad his stats!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I can't believe you're continuing to be so nice with all the unsavory comments about Bruin fans that are dropped here. You're making it extremely difficult to foster a rivalry, you can't possibly go on like this. ;)

In the all the years I have gone to Montreal for games only once was I severely bothered by fans and that is when the United States stole the 1996 World Cup in Montreal which I can say was one of the greatest hockey games I ever saw in person.

BUT - after the game we went to a place called Grumpy's on Bishop and they could not have been nicer to us.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
How about a 9-1 loss? With Galchenyuk getting only 12 min. and scoring our only goal?

Would that get Therrien fired?

And the best thing is that Marchand wouldn't be able to pad his stats!

"We didn't grind them hard enough"-Therrien

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc

Therrien is a players coach not a tyrannical bossman as some here try to impose on him, minus the Fedora he reminds this oldtime Hab fan of legendary Player/Coach Toe Blake, a hardnosed, earn your keep, put the team first type of leader, just sayin!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
All setup with my Nescafe's Stephane Richer coffee mug to watch #44 blast one in.

How jealous are you Lafleur's Guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad