Pre-Game Talk: Winter Classic: NY Rangers @ Buffalo Sabres - January 1, 2018 @ Citi Field - 1pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
This will be a great one. Since moving up to the GBA my friend's here HAAAATE it when the Rangers come to town. Maybe we can get an HF ticket group for us. I've been trying for years

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I'm hoping my schedule works out where I can make this game, as well as the game in Vegas like a week later.

We'll see though

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
January 1st? Meh, surely we'll have traded Nash, Zuccarello, and McDonagh for picks by then.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I admit I never looking forward to winter with cold weather and snow in early January, but it`ll be a great game for sure! ))

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
E0ldoKC.jpg

Posted in the STH thread, but this is the pricing points for the game.

IMO the 400s OF is the best pricing point.

yrrebbor

Jan 21, 2014
New York, NY
Those prices are RIDICULOUS. Not paying that much to stand out in the cold not being able to see the puck. Screw that!

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
If you have to go to this game the 500's in left field are probably your best value because you are so high up you will have a decent shot to actually see the game.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
If you can get them the $119 get-ins are worth it just to be in the building. It's a great experience

Those seats, if you have not been to Citi Field will be very good for the game. There is no obstruction and you'll be closer to center ice than most of the other cheaper seats.

There are a few sections to be concerned with. I wouldn't want to sit in 530-532. The potential for the foul pole to be in the way is high (532 with the least possibility)

The other is 304 and 305 in the Coca Cola Corner. Obviously some of the field level seats below that are at risk too, but I don't think people really want to sit there anyway, as you'll have a hard time seeing above the boards.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Those seats, if you have not been to Citi Field will be very good for the game. There is no obstruction and you'll be closer to center ice than most of the other cheaper seats.

There are a few sections to be concerned with. I wouldn't want to sit in 530-532. The potential for the foul pole to be in the way is high (532 with the least possibility)

The other is 304 and 305 in the Coca Cola Corner. Obviously some of the field level seats below that are at risk too, but I don't think people really want to sit there anyway, as you'll have a hard time seeing above the boards.

Coca Cola Deck should be fine. The OF, seats, not sure. As you go further into center, you go further from rink. You wont feel like you are near center-ice at all.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Can anyone that got tickets confirm what the Ticketmaster fees were on top of the ticket?

ticketsed

Oct 24, 2009
I paid about $1085 for 8 tickets in 535 row 12 - selling them on stubhub now. I have the cheapest ones going for $248 plus stubhub fees unfortunately. I would love to be able to sell them for like $225 each and not have to make people pay really high fees but I doubt anyone can make it over to Buffalo to pick them up or trust me over the internet these days!

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Can anyone that got tickets confirm what the Ticketmaster fees were on top of the ticket?

Looks like $16.25 each. Unless they go by percentage.

I paid about $1085 for 8 tickets in 535 row 12 - selling them on stubhub now. I have the cheapest ones going for $248 plus stubhub fees unfortunately. I would love to be able to sell them for like $225 each and not have to make people pay really high fees but I doubt anyone can make it over to Buffalo to pick them up or trust me over the internet these days!

You better hope you sell those fast. If they don't, you going to have a hard time getting that much once the Rangers fans are able to start buying.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
That makes no sense, why should they get first dibs on the best seats and prices?

Sabres home game. Same thing happened in Philly with the Winter Classic and I believe the same happened with the Stadium Series.

Prices will be the same for both teams and I doubt they got the best seats. I'm sure both teams have fairly similar inventory offered to them.

NYRangers88

Section 208 Row 15
Aug 7, 2007
Long Island, NY
Sabres home game. Same thing happened in Philly with the Winter Classic and I believe the same happened with the Stadium Series.

Prices will be the same for both teams and I doubt they got the best seats. I'm sure both teams have fairly similar inventory offered to them.

Sabres home game hahahaha. That's funny.

It's not even a neutral site or anything, its going to be 98% Ranger fans. If I was a Sabres fan I would be soooo mad

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Sabres home game hahahaha. That's funny.

It's not even a neutral site or anything, its going to be 98% Ranger fans. If I was a Sabres fan I would be soooo mad

Well it technically is. And while it'll be a majority Rangers fans, I think there will be more Sabres fans than people think. Buffalo always has a decent amount of fans come into MSG when they're good since a lot of people from Buffalo live in the area and people will definitely travel for this game from Buffalo especially considering it's around the holidays when people are off.

NYRangers88

Section 208 Row 15
Aug 7, 2007
Long Island, NY
Well it technically is. And while it'll be a majority Rangers fans, I think there will be more Sabres fans than people think. Buffalo always has a decent amount of fans come into MSG when they're good since a lot of people from Buffalo live in the area and people will definitely travel for this game from Buffalo especially considering it's around the holidays when people are off.

Idk, A lot of people have to work the next day.

Plus, I think flights would be super expensive around that time. I really don't think many Sabres fans will show up unless they are from the area.

Especially since it's not even really a rivalry.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I'm fairly certain there is a decently sized Sabres fanbase on Long Island/Queens/Brooklyn. So there will be a good showing by them for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad