Pre-Game Talk: Winter Classic: NY Rangers @ Buffalo Sabres - January 1, 2018 @ Citi Field - 1pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
this is completely wrong. they can't play any home games outside of msg. thats why we were the road team in both games at yankee stadium and will be the road team in this game

Then how were they the "home" team for neutral site games in 92-93 and 93-94?

Last edited:

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
When did they get this tax break?

I also remember seeing here a while back that it's they cannot play any home games outside MSG in NYS. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

It's New York City or State. One or the other. They had home games overseas when they opened up the season both in the Czech Republic and in Sweden.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
HBO 24/7 please. That was a must watch.

Last 24/7 with the Rangers was great. You get to see the more personal side of the players and their families. Really fueled the game, and now can actually go to this one.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Last 24/7 with the Rangers was great. You get to see the more personal side of the players and their families. Really fueled the game, and now can actually go to this one.

It was really fantastic. I guess HBO is done with 24/7 now, but I hope they decide to bring it back at some point.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
It's New York City or State. One or the other. They had home games overseas when they opened up the season both in the Czech Republic and in Sweden.

Actually all of the euro games were also road games. It's an NYC tax break. Not sure how they navigated 92-94 but guessing it was not an issue because relations between The Garden and city were not as contentious then.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
I said this when the rumour originally emerged, but I'll say it again.
I'd genuinely encourage anyone to go this. If you go to one game a year, make this if. If you go to a few, use that money for this.
Probably won't make this, but the winter classic in Philly and the two stadium series have been some of my favorite hockey experiences, out of hundreds of games.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
When do we expect tickets to go on sale for this? How much do you think reasonable seats will go for?

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Other than first few rows of field level, you will be looking at close to $200 each and up.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Had a feeling.

Looks like my GF and I are only getting one Christmas present each this year :P

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Prediction:

Kevin Shattenkirk scores with less than 10 minutes left at some point in the 2nd period of this game.

Just going for a random crazy prediction to see if I can predict the future.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
When do we expect tickets to go on sale for this? How much do you think reasonable seats will go for?

This was the pricing for the Stadium Series at Yankee Stadium. Face values I'd expect to be in the same general area at Citi in comparable areas. Who knows what they'll go for on the secondary market as of now. Too early to tell.

NHL-Stadium-Series-Yankee-Stadium-Seating-Chart1.jpg

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
If it's anything like Philly tickets won't be impossible to get because of the insane price. You will just have to pay through the nose. I've been to outdoor games, and once it's a nice novelty but anything past that it's nothing special. Unless you pay north of $200 and sit in the upper tiers you won't be able to see just about any of the game. So if you plan to go my advice would be to pay more and sit upstairs otherwise you won't see a thing.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Anyone have any idea where we can get tickets?

I'm sure there will be an on sale after Rangers, Sabres, and Mets plan holders get their shot to buy tickets.

If it's anything like Philly tickets won't be impossible to get because of the insane price. You will just have to pay through the nose. I've been to outdoor games, and once it's a nice novelty but anything past that it's nothing special. Unless you pay north of $200 and sit in the upper tiers you won't be able to see just about any of the game. So if you plan to go my advice would be to pay more and sit upstairs otherwise you won't see a thing.

For sure. I was at the one in Philly and the Stadium Series in New York. Don't bother going if you plan on getting tickets on the field level. Save the money and go to a game at MSG or save it for a playoff game. It's an awesome experience and really unique and while I'll be there; it's definitely lost it's luster compared to the one in Philly which was one of the best regular season games I've attended.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I'm even more sure MSG is not going to lose tens of millions of dollars just for one game.

So I tried to do the math on this in an extreme worst case scenario, and the best I could come up with is 12 million dollars in lost revenue for not showing the game at MSG, and that included no spectators.

Where do you take 'tens of millions' from?

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Prediction:

Kevin Shattenkirk scores with less than 10 minutes left at some point in the 2nd period of this game.

Just going for a random crazy prediction to see if I can predict the future.

There is a 1.506% chance of this happening if Shattenkirk scores at a 25 goal pace on the season.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York

Figured that would be the case. Seems like there are very few locations that actually offer a quality view of the ice.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
There is a 1.506% chance of this happening if Shattenkirk scores at a 25 goal pace on the season.

I'm not going by how many goals he scores in total. I'm just predicting what happens in this specific game. I know it's July but I just wanted to throw it out there for the hell of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad