Winter Classic Jersey/Sweater unveiled

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
They now have the jersey listed on Fanatics - and it's still $179.95. So much for the "exclusive sale only until Monday". Plus the 25% off sale is still going on, making it a slightly more reasonable $135. Not TJ Maxx prices, but probably one of the better prices you'll get.

No "authentic WC patch", but for $45, you can easily buy one and pay someone to sew it on, if that's a deal breaker.

Protip: Fanatics has these sales fairly frequently, and there are almost always multiple sales during December varying from 10-30%.

How is the size? I only see they go to XXL. Afraid it might be on the small side.

Edit: Screw it. Picked up the WC sweartshirt for me and a zombie for my son and picked up the discount.

Thanks

Last edited:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
How is the size? I only see they go to XXL. Afraid it might be on the small side.

I imagine the theoretical available sizes are the same at Fanatics, shop.NHL.com, BruinsProShop.com, and the actual physical Bruins ProShop. They said my regular jersey that I bought from them awhile back is designed to be "sized big" - ie worn over another shirt. No clue if there's a huge fit/sizing difference between the WC jerseys and the regular jerseys, but I doubt it. And, yes, all the stores pretty much only go up to XXL.

I'm also pretty sure that Fanatics and shop.NHL are linked - I remember shopping a couple of years ago at Fanatics and noting only one or two sizes of a particular item were available. I then went to shop.NHL, and found the same item, same price, with the same size availability. (Plus, now shop.NHL has a "Powered by Fanatics" logo on top.)

I'd bet the physical and virtual Boston ProShop are linked, as well.

Fanatics guarantees shipping by December 4. The Boston ProShop says shipping "begins November 15", and on an announcement it said they accept preorders until November 30. Either way, plenty of time for the holidays and for the WC itself. I literally can't justify spending $45 on a patch and a box, so I think I may cave and go for Fanatics if the sitewide discount is still there.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Has anyone seen the toques in stores?

Dick's has them for $25, but it says ships in 4-6 weeks.
Are they out yet?

Yes, they're out, so I imagine that's legit. ProShop has it for $30 online, which goes to $25.50 with the 15% STH discount. (I believe that discount only works if you go in the store, but I could be wrong.)

Here's a question - I literally noticed Saturday that my Bergeron jersey lacks an "A" on the front. (Warning: that's the default on Fanatics.) Do you think the ProShop would be able to "customize" it for less than the $75 they normally charge? I'm not asking for nameplate and number...and I imagine that would be the majority of the work, but I could be wrong.

I might just buy the "A" online and find somewhere local that can sew it on. Arts and crafts and I don't mix well at all.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Has the 25% off ended? :(

Yes, it ended on Fanatics at 9 AM today, I believe. They didn't have the time up for awhile, but said "final hours" on Tuesday - I didn't know the time when I mentioned it. It was actually 25% off the lower price of $180. The good news is Fanatics is still selling the customized jerseys for "only" $180.

The old code was REDZONE25, if you want to try it. I can almost guarantee that sometime between now and the holidays, Fanatics will do another one that's at least 20%, so if you're patient, I'd wait for it.

And for the record in case anyone else wanted to know, I emailed the ProShop, and they got back to me REALLY quick about getting an "A" letter for my Bergeron regular jersey. It's $10 for a heat-pressed version. Any opinions? I know that stitching is "better", but is it that much better, and is it worth the trouble?

81ragnaH

May 29, 2007
Lynn, MA
Maybe just overlapped in 26 ?

This has a pic of him in what looks similar.

http://bruinslegends.blogspot.com/2006/05/eddie-shore.html

That's a different jersey, white version of that original. Had brown in it but was not primarily brown like the original.

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Bruins/Bruins01.html

Vs

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Bruins/Bruins03.html

To be honest, after the logos were released I thought they might be using that with the habs using colored jerseys.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Awful.

The 2010 jeseys were great. I'd even go as far to say that the Bruins 2010 WC jerseys (and the Maple Leafs WC jerseys) were the best ones so far.

This 2016 jersey is an abomination. That's the best they could do? Seriously?

I WILL give them props for ONE thing, however... they saved me $480 by making them so ugly, my wife and I won't be getting Winter Classic jerseys. Maybe we'll get a pair of Patriots throwback jerseys instead.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I'm sure he means this one:

bruins2010.jpg

;)

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't every single one of those players in that photo gone?

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA
I'm not sure why they don't( didn't) just have a throwback jersey as opposed to mixing and matching elements from different eras.
I'd pretty much buy any jersey if it was an actual piece of B's history. Even the lousy 48-49 jersey that last WC was based on.

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
I'm not sure why they don't( didn't) just have a throwback jersey as opposed to mixing and matching elements from different eras.
I'd pretty much buy any jersey if it was an actual piece of B's history. Even the lousy 48-49 jersey that last WC was based on.

This IS a piece of B's history, not a mix and match.

Our very first sweater, only worn for one season (24-25):
24v15.png

Chiz1982

Feb 10, 2011
North Sydney, NS
They now have the winter classic jerseys up on Ali Express....

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...earchText=boston+bruins+winter+classic+jersey

Im thinking on ordering a knock off from ali express, my pastrnak knock off looks awesome, completely happy with it. Fingers crossed the Classic jerseys are just as good quality... if i order now I should have it just in time for the actual game.. only $35 so worth the gamble.

I really want one but no way im paying $250 or $300 for it... I mainly just want it to wear leading up to and during the classic game this year, after that ill go back to sporting my Pastrnak jersey.

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA
This IS a piece of B's history, not a mix and match.

Our very first sweater, only worn for one season (24-25):
24v15.png

Umm, it's a nearly exact recreation of the 1924 jersey. Only difference is black vs brown. Even the large numbers are accurate

Not sure where you're getting the whole mixing and matching from

The color is a huge difference. Brown and gold were chosen as they were the colors used in Charles Adams grocery store chain. Black didn't come along till the mid 30s and by then they got rid of the Bear logo for a B without the spoke.

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
They now have the winter classic jerseys up on Ali Express....

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...earchText=boston+bruins+winter+classic+jersey

Im thinking on ordering a knock off from ali express, my pastrnak knock off looks awesome, completely happy with it. Fingers crossed the Classic jerseys are just as good quality... if i order now I should have it just in time for the actual game.. only $35 so worth the gamble.

I really want one but no way im paying $250 or $300 for it... I mainly just want it to wear leading up to and during the classic game this year, after that ill go back to sporting my Pastrnak jersey.

I'm waiting til they sell some and reviews come in. The collar is a whole new monster, so I wanna see if they do it well or seriously screw it up.

Chiz1982

Feb 10, 2011
North Sydney, NS
I'm waiting til they sell some and reviews come in. The collar is a whole new monster, so I wanna see if they do it well or seriously screw it up.

I took your advice and waited.... Some sellers that have actual photos , have made a downright horrible attempt at the jersey ahah...

Ive been messaging different sellers on there and asking for actual photos before i decide to buy... got this photo from Anna Sports Store which is pretty darn close, might go with it.

HTB1MkN4KpXXXXboXXXXq6xXFXXXy.jpg

SoldiersOfFilth

Hamildone with Neely
Dec 28, 2013
Near Olympia
I took your advice and waited.... Some sellers that have actual photos , have made a downright horrible attempt at the jersey ahah...

Ive been messaging different sellers on there and asking for actual photos before i decide to buy... got this photo from Anna Sports Store which is pretty darn close, might go with it.

HTB1MkN4KpXXXXboXXXXq6xXFXXXy.jpg

link me please (in PM if you can't in thread). Maybe ask for pictures of the collar close up, as well as the bear.

Chiz1982

Feb 10, 2011
North Sydney, NS
link me please (in PM if you can't in thread). Maybe ask for pictures of the collar close up, as well as the bear.

Here is the link to the seller of that jersey in the picture i posted...

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016...-40-Tuukka-Rask-David-Krejci/32511613539.html

She also said she can put that square NHL authentication patch on if requested in order comments. Other then that... the A is to the right more then it should be and I find the white in the lettering much whiter then it should be. Not a big issue tho for the price.

Also got another photo that was close from a different seller ...

HTB1S2hZKpXXXXX9XpXXq6xXFXXX4.jpg

This one is from the following:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016...trice-Bergeron-Hockey-Jersey/32513775603.html

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad