Winter Classic Jersey/Sweater unveiled

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
If you think those look good, I am so happy I went with a sweatshirt.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The Habs unveil their sweater

habs4.0.0.jpg

CTJ2ns1VEAANSND.jpg

TootSweet

Sep 22, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I think *gulp* both jerseys should compliment each other well once we are on the ice. I like our jersey and in happy Habs didn't ruin the game with some iteration of a barber shop jersey.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
The Habs jersey looks like somebody ate a Bomb Pop and threw up on a white pajama top.
Turbo-Rocket-Popsicle-bomb-pop.jpg

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
The Habs unveil their sweater

habs4.0.0.jpg

CTJ2ns1VEAANSND.jpg

No incarnation of that jersey looks good.

If that logo is on it, it is automatically hideous.

Sadly, only a little more hideous than the Bruins WC jersey, however.

Chiz1982

Feb 10, 2011
North Sydney, NS
No incarnation of that jersey looks good.

If that logo is on it, it is automatically hideous.

Sadly, only a little more hideous than the Bruins WC jersey, however.

Is PK Subban wearing skinny jeans? LOL

I think the Bruins jersey is a million times better... Don't know why so many people are hating on it. Only thing im not a huge fan of on the bruins jersey is the logo but they couldnt change that.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Is PK Subban wearing skinny jeans? LOL

I think the Bruins jersey is a million times better... Don't know why so many people are hating on it. Only thing im not a huge fan of on the bruins jersey is the logo but they couldnt change that.

I have no idea why they couldn't change the logo, to be honest.

I also think that's the biggest drawback but it's just a very vanilla jersey.

There is so much more they could have done to make it interesting or more stylish.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
After careful consideration I like it. Not enough to buy it though.

This is pretty much the conclusion I came to. Fansedge was running a promo plus the discount so it would have been like $140, but I couldn't justify pulling the trigger. I think the days of me spending over a hundred dollars on a shirt have passed.

Sucks getting old/responsible!

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Nice post.

Awesome to know the bruins special deal let me buy a jersey for a whopping $40 more than I could right now... Good job JJ

But you get the official WC patch!

And the box. Don't forget the commemorative box!

I noticed that there were all sorts of qualifiers on the announcement - like how the ProShop was the only local place you could get the official WC jersey. I immediately thought Fanatics.

And for anyone reading this tomorrow after the sale is done, don't fret. The 25% sale is good. Quite possibly one of the better sales you'll get between now and the WC. But I guarantee one will come again within a couple of weeks. Wait for 20% or over (and free shipping); you'll be rewarded. They tend to go bananas for the holidays, and you might get 30-40% if you wait.

Oh, and be wary: sometimes they advertise "select sales" that are 50% off. The jerseys won't be there.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Bumping this to ask if anyone has received their WC jersey from the original on-sale in late October? They said the delivery would be in November but that hasn't happened yet.

Edit: Literally 5 minutes after I posted this, UPS sent me a tracking number.

Last edited:

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I'm late for looking at this thread, but my god....Montreal's turned their jersey into a monstrosity...

Boston's isn't so bad. It's just underwhelming. I'd rather they stick with one of their older designs.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Bumping this to ask if anyone has received their WC jersey from the original on-sale in late October? They said the delivery would be in November but that hasn't happened yet.

I feel bad for all you guys that pre-ordered it. My girlfriend works at Patriot Place, and I walked into the official Reebok store and grab a Bergeron one in my size for 15% off (her discount). Didn't even know they had them, but had to grab one as soon as I saw it.

And I don't get the complaints of you people, I think they look awesome as hell. Hell, people are never satisfied, though. :laugh:

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008

I am still waiting for the sweatshirt I ordered. No activity at all and they said it would ship no later than today. Maybe I will get something too.

Bruinaholic

Apr 22, 2002
Central CT
i ordered my authentic from ice jerseys about 2 weeks ago,recieved it in about 4 days, didnt really love the jersey when it was unveiled but it quickly grew on me.... just sent it out to custom crafted for lettering,hopefully it comes in the 1 to 2 week time frame they quoted

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Ordered from the Pro Shop on 10/25. Still haven't gotten a tracking number or anything. Starting to get pretty annoyed.

Spoked-B

Nov 3, 2005
Southern NH
Ordered several at the tailgate party, none have arrived. Got a UPS notification about one of them, but when you go to track it, it just said a label was created and there will be more detail when it reaches their facility. Realized that one of them might be too big, so ordered one from Fanatics during a 25% or 30% off special, and received it a few days later. It doesn't have the Winter Classic decal on it (or commemorative box), but at least it is here!

Won't be ordering from the Pro Shop in the future, that's fo sho'.

PS. I think they look quite nice!

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
can't wait to buy one at Marshall's for $60

also, I think they look great, but the piping/stripes on the sleeves still are not a win

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad