Winter Classic Jersey/Sweater unveiled

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Saw it in person the other day and I like it less than I did in pictures.

So disappointing.

Hnidy Hnight

Dec 21, 2006
North of Boston, MA
Holy crap. I'll check one out. That's insane. the Bergeron one doesn't have the A I suppose?

No A on the sweater, Salem NH only had XLs in Bergy. About 3-4 left. Chara did have the C though. Good amount of Rask and Chara in a wide range of sizes. They'll set jerseys aside if you cant get there tonight.

There's also a shot you may get a place like Modells or Bob's to price match Dicks by calling.

To be honest, I never would have found out about the sale on my own. I've been twitter searching "winter classic sale" since Friday. Finally got a hit today

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Kids replicas are $25 at dicks online. Just Bergy and Pasta

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I have to admit I did not mind pay $30 for this

$_57.JPG

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
75% off WC jerseys at Dicks. Picked up Bergeron, Rask and Chara for $45 each. Salem, NH. Decent amount of stock left in chara, and Rask.

Dick's in Brockton had only 50% off of $180 so $90 which is more than I want to spend on one, I'm hoping to find one for $50 or under. Very few available. Saw 1 large Chara jersey, a handful of assorted names in XL and the rest were mediums.

I got the Fenway winter classic jersey at TJ Maxx for $40 so I'll keep an eye out for ones to show up there.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

$_57.JPG

I got two - mine and one for my friend - the night Loui got his hat trick. It was 30% off, $21 each. Put the $18 I saved into an extra toy for the Toys for Tots toy drive they did. Even if you'd waited, you could have snagged a Hayes hat the game right before the WC, too. :laugh:

(Incidentally, if you peel the $30 sticker that they put at the ProShop, you'll see a $25 underneath it. Hrm....)

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

$_57.JPG

I bought it a few weeks ago and I wear it everywhere. Love it.

My Chara jersey ($45) got delivered from Dick's today. I hated them when I first saw them but they definitely grew on me. It looks very nice. For $45 I don't have a single complaint. You can barely get a Chinese jersey for that... and unless you get lucky you can usually tell they're Chinese. :laugh:

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
I was able to order a Rask jersey a few weeks back off of Reeboks website. They were having a 40% off sale so I got that one for $108.

Then I came accross that Dick's sale. And since I can't control myself, I ordered a Chara for $45. It should be delivered tomorrow.

2 for $153 so I can't complain too much

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
Well, I went but they didn't have much, nothing in my size and a ton of youth Pastrnak jerseys. Called another one close by and they were sold out. Oh well.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
I was at Pure Hockey last night in Braintree and they had a few Bruins and Habs WC jerseys for 50% off - $70.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
I got the last adult size Bergeron Winter Classic jersey at lids lockeroom the burlington mall for $50. Does anyone know where I can buy the Alternate Captain A patch? For some reason the jersey doesn't have one

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I got the last adult size Bergeron Winter Classic jersey at lids lockeroom the burlington mall for $50. Does anyone know where I can buy the Alternate Captain A patch? For some reason the jersey doesn't have one

Not sure about a WC-style patch. I know from personal experience that I got an A-less regular home Bergeron jersey from Fanatics, and I got a patch pressed on at the ProShop in the Garden for $10. I just peeked at the website, and they offer a C/A as part of the customization for WC jerseys, so they probably have A patches around.

During the game, I went into the smaller Game Day ProShops that's actually inside the Garden...less chaotic, and I turned in my jersey there before the pregame skate. Grabbed it after the pregame skate on my way up to the balcony. I'd bet dollars to donuts that when it's not game time, the larger ProShop on the second floor of North Station can do it, too. Takes about 10 minutes, maybe less. They're heat-pressed, not sewn in, but it looks good enough for me.

I get why they don't include the A on regular jerseys - a lot of teams have rotating and semi-alternate captains. But it's crazy for the WC - Bergeron is a 100% permanent alternate, and after Kelly's injury, Krejci is, too (when he's healthy). Pretty sure the Habs alternate situation is in stone, too.

81ragnaH

May 29, 2007
Lynn, MA

$_57.JPG

Got the jersey as a Christmas gift, Pastrnak with a WC patch I had to attach myself. Still don't love it, but i'll wear it, as I am wont to do. I collect jerseys and have almost all the Bruins jersey styles they have ever released to the public.

That hat though, is a masterpiece. The colours, the style, the logo, all work perfectly for a hat. Got one of those the same day and love wearing it. Bravo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad